Hurricane Florence

mlmbar

If you're still flying non-stop from Philly to Miami you'll be fine tomorrow. Once you take off from Philly you won't stop till you get to Miami! Have a glass of wine and get a good night's sleep. I have a daughter in Asheville, NC; a grandson in Charlotte; and a best friend in Wilmington who is refusing to evacuate...I know I'll be having another glass!!! :wine-glass::wine-glass::wine-glass::beer-mug::beer-mug:

My concerns are minor!!! My best wishes to your family and friends. This is a disaster!!!!!

We got the nod from SW Air.

..The hurricane list was expanded and .any flights that change planes in Balto could switch for no extra fee. Online process was quite easy. Same for our rental car

We switched to next Tuesday ..a slight adjustment, but OK b/c not flying to a cruise..just to see Grandma!

We have rels in Wilmington NC..they live on a big hill on the intercoastal & are staying .House all boarded up, generator ready. Prayers for all

Sincere best wishes to all of you who live or have relatives in the areas expected to be impacted.

For those of you traveling to cruise over the next few days take care and focus on that glass of fizzy as you step on board....

mimbar, please report from Miami once you have a relaxing drink in your hand!

Sincere best wishes to all of you who live or have relatives in the areas expected to be impacted.

For those of you traveling to cruise over the next few days take care and focus on that glass of fizzy as you step on board....

mimbar, please report from Miami once you have a relaxing drink in your hand!

Lol. I sure will. Yes, after the first martini! Prayers for anyone affected

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why would the airlines operate a multimillion dollar airplane with hundreds of passengers if doing so will place them in danger?

Trust me when I say that there’s NO way that any reputable airline will operate a flight if your safety will be compromised. Rest assured that, if your flight will operate, it won’t do so by placing you in danger. If anything, additional safety precautions will be taken.

We live at the Jersey Shore and several years back (before Sandy), we were evacuated because of an impending hurricane. We decided to hop on a flight to Miami (yes, evacuating New Jersey for Florida during hurricane season....seems weird, huh?). We flew along the coast as the hurricane was coming up the East Coast and arranged for a driver to pick us up at the airport. We got in several hours late, but the driver said he was tracking our flight and we were flying directly above the hurricane! The pilot greeted all the passengers as we boarded and told everyone not to worry; we would be fine. That was very reassuring. The flight was a bit bumpy, but all went well.

We live at the Jersey Shore and several years back (before Sandy), we were evacuated because of an impending hurricane. We decided to hop on a flight to Miami (yes, evacuating New Jersey for Florida during hurricane season....seems weird, huh?). We flew along the coast as the hurricane was coming up the East Coast and arranged for a driver to pick us up at the airport. We got in several hours late, but the driver said he was tracking our flight and we were flying directly above the hurricane! The pilot greeted all the passengers as we boarded and told everyone not to worry; we would be fine. That was very reassuring. The flight was a bit bumpy, but all went well.

We lived in Middletown,NJ, Donna in 1960. I remember lots of rain and wind and it being very exciting - but I was only 6.

We lived in Middletown,NJ, Donna in 1960. I remember lots of rain and wind and it being very exciting - but I was only 6.

I grew up in Middletown and I was 5 when Donna hit. The hurricane I’m referring to was in 2011 if I recall correctly. Isabelle maybe? We live in south Jersey now so during Sandy when we were evacuated we went to my brother’s house in Middletown. No power but he had generators.

I grew up in Middletown and I was 5 when Donna hit. The hurricane I’m referring to was in 2011 if I recall correctly. Isabelle maybe? We live in south Jersey now so during Sandy when we were evacuated we went to my brother’s house in Middletown. No power but he had generators.

Small world and getting smaller. We were on Santa Barbara Terrace and went to school at St Marys until we moved to Ohio in '66.

My concerns are minor!!! My best wishes to your family and friends. This is a disaster!!!!!

Thanks mlmbar.....I am totally distraught...eye is now coming in over Morehead City with 6-12' storm surge and her house is on Bogue Sound! Good news is her son came and got her this morning..Bad news is she won't have a house to come home to. :loudcry:

Thanks mlmbar.....I am totally distraught...eye is now coming in over Morehead City with 6-12' storm surge and her house is on Bogue Sound! Good news is her son came and got her this morning..Bad news is she won't have a house to come home to. :loudcry:

Most important thing for now is that she is safe. The house will have to be dealt with later. Hopefully the help has learned from mistakes of the past and will be quick to get relief

Philadelphia should not be a problem on Thursday. Check airline sites for information. I was a flight attendant for a major airline and years ago we flew from Europe to Miami right over a hurricane. You could see the eye. No turbulence. It was sunny and smooth where we were at 39,000 feet. Have a good cruise.

Philadelphia should not be a problem on Thursday. Check airline sites for information. I was a flight attendant for a major airline and years ago we flew from Europe to Miami right over a hurricane. You could see the eye. No turbulence. It was sunny and smooth where we were at 39,000 feet. Have a good cruise.

Thank you!!! This definitely makes me feel better. We fly out of Philly 10:30am Thursday morning direct to Ft. Lauderdale.

It is important to keep your eye closely on this storm.

It changes virtually with every model run. The latest Euro run (at 2PM EST) varies from every other model prior. Stalls on the NC coast with only brush of a landfall then rides down the entire coast of SC toward GA. Then inland as a weakened low pressure system.