Diamond Lounge

Diane Rose

We are currently on board Adventure OTS. The Diamond lounge is a joke - it is very small for a full capacity sailing crowd and if you don’t get there by 3:30, you are out of luck for finding a place to stand let alone sit. I don’t know why they won’t move it to another area. Another thing I think is crazy - we can’t get bottled water in our cabin as Diamond, but we can go to the Diamond lounge in the afternoon (only - not morning or daytime) and get bottled water. RCI likes to nickel and dime even their loyalty members
Speak to the D concierge you should have at least 2 free bottles of water from C&A in your cabin.

I would check out the coffee machine in the diamond lounge and see if you like what it makes. You can always buy a coffee card once you board if you don't like the coffee from the machine. I have never seen the coffee card for less than $31 in the cruise planner on any of our sailings, so waiting to buy on board is not a big deal.

We just got off Oasis and did not buy a coffee card or a package that includes coffee but we will again in the future as we were not happy with the coffee from the SL and DL machines.

When I make a coffee in the DL/CL it is a cappuccino with added double espresso.

We do live in Texas but that’s my wife’s least favorite , we done all of rccl specialty restaurants many many times except Sabor

Just a heads up. Last year when I cruised on the Navigator, I booked Sabor because it was Mexican. When I boarded the ship I received a call from the restaurant to advise the it was not Mexican but Indian and it would stay Indian until they left Southampton as a port. Good thing I also like Indian food.

Patti

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a heads up. Last year when I cruised on the Navigator, I booked Sabor because it was Mexican. When I boarded the ship I received a call from the restaurant to advise the it was not Mexican but Indian and it would stay Indian until they left Southampton as a port. Good thing I also like Indian food.

Patti

I did read that in USA it’s mexican but was Indian in Europe, wife likes Indian I will not eat it , have done navigator 3 times always Mexican but always USA , our last navigator was late last November. Indian Indian food is now big in Dallas area

I did read that in USA it’s mexican but was Indian in Europe, wife likes Indian I will not eat it , have done navigator 3 times always Mexican but always USA , our last navigator was late last November. Indian Indian food is now big in Dallas area

As I said, I was lucky that I like Indian. Actually, I don’t think there is a good I dislike but I definitely lean toward spicy.

Patti

Did they just get one recently? I was raised in Corpus and grew up with Whataburger in the '70s. I'm surprised it took that long for SA to get one.

opened up about 6 months before we moved to Pensacola.. so just about 3 years ago. now I have a WaB within walking distance. ( and a Five Guys.)

the machine is accessible 24/7. whether or not it is working, or down for cleaning...depends on the time of day. and some ships do disconnect the milk line overnight.

Yup, found to my frustration the DL on EN does that, disconnecting the milk line (and locking it up) overnight. Then they don't reconnect it until they do set up after 8 am....and I am looking for my Latte at 6 am. :mad:No idea why they do that.

Hope, they are not still doing that. Luckily CL is across the hallway, and so far anyway...they are keeping that machine connected...as long as that machine is working. :o