Suite beverage benefits

labraiser

We will be in a vista suite on the Ruby going to Alaska. Do you get free water and soda in your suite for the whole cruise? My wife can’t drink alcohol.

Thanks

No free soda every day. (besides the free mini bar)

Last month and cruises before we have not had any free water in our suites.

Trade your mini bar for water and sodas.

Just call room service.

We will be in a vista suite on the Ruby going to Alaska. Do you get free water and soda in your suite for the whole cruise? My wife can’t drink alcohol.

Thanks

You will get 2 waters every night. If they aren't there ask your cabin steward and don't let them tell you not the first night. I asked what part of EVERY NIGHT as stipulated in suite benefits excluded the first night and it arrived. You can trade all 20 beverages in your mini bar for soda.

Can you trade the alcohol for coffee cards?

No cards anymore.

Its 2 coffee packages placed on your cruise card/account.

To trade for the two coffee packages (can't trade for just one), you must trade the entire mini-bar, not just the alcohol items. To do this, just call Room Service after you are on board.

Can you trade the alcohol for coffee cards?

Information for decisions.

It's the entire mini bar for two coffee packages, normally one on each cruise card. Each package has 15 pre-paid espresso drinks. Unused drinks expire when you disembark. Will this be too much for a 7 day cruise? Your choice.

You can trade all the alcoholic beverages, 8 bottles of spirits plus 2 bottles of beer for soda or any other available non-alcoholic beverage such as water or Perrier. Initial stocking of the mini bar also includes 6 cans of soda, 2 bottles of water and 2 bottles of Perrier.

What we have done is carry on the 7oz cans of soda. They are easy to carry on and just the right size for around the ship.

We have the sip and sail deal, but can save money going for the three for free, we could get free gratuities and 100 on board credit. So it adds up to about a 200.00 savings per person. I don’t drink much and wife doesn’t drink at all.

Call Princess or TA ASAP to change. Some of the sales (and this is probably one of them) are capacity controlled. If it saves you $$, it's a good idea.

Did you know that you can bring as many cans/bottles of soda that you want when you board? Just bring your own. ;)

Carry it on or slap a luggage tag on it and give it to the porters with your luggage.

I already have the Sip & Sail package so don't need the mini bar - can I get onboard credit or should I just trade the mini bar for the appropriate number of canned sodas?

Can't answer your mini bar question. In case you are not aware the Sip & Sail does not cover room service.

I already have the Sip & Sail package so don't need the mini bar - can I get onboard credit or should I just trade the mini bar for the appropriate number of canned sodas?

Yes, you can trade the mini bar set up for the appropriate number of can soda.

You cannot trade the minibar for OBC. You can trade for cans of any soda they carry on board. As noted, the Sip and Sail does not include room service, so you might appreciate having some cans in your cabin.

The suite benefits say that you get water every night. In April on the Caribbean Princess, we got it replenished up to the 3 bottles (for 3 people in the suite) each night except the first. I didn't fuss, but if we had an excursion, we'd just put our 3 bottles out of sight and the steward would leave 3 more. In August on the Golden, he left 2 bottles each night, no matter how many were already sitting on the counter. We were in "water city" by the end of the 14 nights.

Thanks all for responding to my inquiry. I’ll switch out the mini bar for canned Diet Coke then.

We do that and also bring on a 12 pack or two, depending on cruise length. In the old days we would just take the extra liquor bottles home but still have a few dozen of those left from previous cruises.