Charged if you don't show up for specialty dining without cancelling?

Aunu

If you make a reservation at specialty dining and then don't show up without cancelling do you get charged?? If so, how much?? I don't plan to but someone else on a FB group asked and im trying to find the answer.

Thanks!

If you make a reservation at specialty dining and then don't show up without cancelling do you get charged?? If so, how much?? I don't plan to but someone else on a FB group asked and im trying to find the answer.

Thanks!

Make sure you cancel. They will waste no time charging you a fee for no show.

I know this isn't you BUT why wouldn't they cancel? Call, visit the restaurant, use the kiosk, or heck even the app. It's just rude to no-show when they are holding a table and possibly turning others away.

Not sure Jenny, I had just mentioned that if you were a no show that you were charged (thats what i thought i had heard in the past) And the person asked what would be charged? If its an a la cart menu vs a set price menu.

Maybe if someone was so sick they couldn't call to cancel? If they thought they had a reservation for a certain time and it ended up being a different day?

Never, ever no show. Always cancel.

What is your Restaurant Cancellation policy?

Cancellations of dinner reservations must be made 24 hours prior to the scheduled dining time. If cancellation occurs with less than 24 hours’ notice, the full price of the cover per guest will be charged. We strive for excellent service; therefore, we can only hold your dinner reservation for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, the unclaimed reservation will be released and the full price of the cover per guest will be charged to you. In the case of pre-paid reservation, no refunds will be issued for cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice.

OP -- I think it's nice that you're doing their homework. :)

I just found this...

• Please note that effective immediately, Norwegian Cruise Line will assess a $15.00 USD per person (subject to change without notice) cancellation fee for specialty restaurant reservations cancelled inside 24 hours. Reservations made on embarkation day will not be assessed the $15.00 USD per person fee if the reservation is cancelled prior to 5:00 pm

Not sure Jenny, I had just mentioned that if you were a no show that you were charged (thats what i thought i had heard in the past) And the person asked what would be charged? If its an a la cart menu vs a set price menu.

Maybe if someone was so sick they couldn't call to cancel? If they thought they had a reservation for a certain time and it ended up being a different day?

Never, ever no show. Always cancel.

What is your Restaurant Cancellation policy?

Cancellations of dinner reservations must be made 24 hours prior to the scheduled dining time. If cancellation occurs with less than 24 hours’ notice, the full price of the cover per guest will be charged. We strive for excellent service; therefore, we can only hold your dinner reservation for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, the unclaimed reservation will be released and the full price of the cover per guest will be charged to you. In the case of pre-paid reservation, no refunds will be issued for cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice.

Thanks for the policy.

I would NEVER not cancel unless it was I had no way of contacting. Im someone that calls the drs office if im running 5 mins behind.

If they don't, they should. Why would anyone be so rude that they would not cancel, so that someone else could take that slot.

I certainly don't think anyone would do it on purpose. Its so easy to pick up a phone and cancel, or walk up and cancel. Someone was just curios as to what the charge would be if you didn't show. Im sure it doesn't happen often. Someone might be to sick to call or thought their reservations was a different time or day.

I know this isn't you BUT why wouldn't they cancel? Call, visit the restaurant, use the kiosk, or heck even the app. It's just rude to no-show when they are holding a table and possibly turning others away.

I completely agree on you should cancel, though on my last cruise ~18 months ago on the Escape - the only way to cancel was to wait in a long line in the main lobby which was quite bothersome, not only did the app/kiosk not have a cancel option, when calling from our room to guest services, we were advised to go to the long lobby guest services desk.

Has this changed? Can you use the app/kiosk to cancel, not just book new?

Or does it indeed work well to talk to the restaurant host during dinner hours 1-2 days in advance to avoid a long guest services line?

I completely agree on you should cancel, though on my last cruise ~18 months ago on the Escape - the only way to cancel was to wait in a long line in the main lobby which was quite bothersome, not only did the app/kiosk not have a cancel option, when calling from our room to guest services, we were advised to go to the long lobby guest services desk.

Has this changed? Can you use the app/kiosk to cancel, not just book new?

Or does it indeed work well to talk to the restaurant host during dinner hours 1-2 days in advance to avoid a long guest services line?

I think this is still an issue. However, I think you could approach the host during dinner the night before and cancel there as well.

OP -- I think it's nice that you're doing their homework. :)

I just found this...

• Please note that effective immediately, Norwegian Cruise Line will assess a $15.00 USD per person (subject to change without notice) cancellation fee for specialty restaurant reservations cancelled inside 24 hours. Reservations made on embarkation day will not be assessed the $15.00 USD per person fee if the reservation is cancelled prior to 5:00 pm

Where did you find that? I just dug through the dining T&C and the only reference I saw was for cover charges. This is a major change and I would love to see where NCL hid it.

Thanks!

Do not show up for your reservation and do not cancel. Then come back to CC and tell us if you got charged or not. You have already been given many different opinions on this thread. This way we on CC will know how to handle this situation in the future. Or just do not make the reservation to begin with.

Thanks!

Yes, there is a charge if not cancelled. the cancellation period is 24 hours prior to the reservation.

Thanks!

great question, they will feel FRee to charge you the full amount

great question, they will feel FRee to charge you the full amount

So I just looked through the terms and conditions, and it only mentions cover charges (they will charge you the cover charge if you no show or cancel within 24hrs of the reservation). What it doesn't say is anything about a la carte dining venues. Someone upthread mentioned a $15pp cancellation fee, but I haven't seen that on NCL's website. A cancellation fee makes sense, but I haven't seen it documented.