Uniworld Pricing

need2travel1

I have been on 3 Uniworld cruises. All were fabulous.  The help on Uniworld are very, very attentive. And do anything to make your visit better. Once i said i like Pepsi not Coke and next day at the bar they had Pepsi. One time someone said why no grapes with the fruit. Yup, the next day grapes. One time the boat parked further away from the buses  then usual. My husband just could not do that walk and over a bridge. We told them we would stay on the boat.........But, they said you have to go and called a cab for the ride there and back. Yes I am upset about the River Heritage club benefit of the upgrade being slashed.  But hey, they do get free laundry!! Free laundry is terrific 

Edited by pdh
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

Were Booked my first Uniworld Cruise today! They were having a sale until Dec 31 and I do believe if I were a previous pax you’d receive a $200 discount or OBC. I’m a newbie for Uniworld, but I’ve always wanted to try it based on the glowing reviews from CC posters I trust. 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. We are taking a year away from the river, but will definitely be back. Portugal is definitely on our list.

Robin

Edited by acwmom
Post updated
  • Like 1

We just booked our first cruise with Uniworld (Mekong Navigator - Vietnam, Cambodia & the Mekong) - will be our first visit to this part of the planet which we have always wanted to visit. 

Any veteran cruisers of this particular itinerary? Recommendations? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 8:12 AM, philw1776 said:

The problem is that increased demand for the product results in many cruise lines dropping previous incentives that are no longer needed to fill ships.  Just when I finally qualify as a previous Uniworld customer.  Bummer.

Uniworld seems to be the only line that is ignoring their past passengers.  Viking increased their past passenger benefit and AMA is actively upgrading their past passengers (and not at the last minute, but at time of booking). Reducing the past passenger credit to $100 is an insult to their loyal passengers. 

1 hour ago, DC0743 said:

Uniworld seems to be the only line that is ignoring their past passengers.  Viking increased their past passenger benefit and AMA is actively upgrading their past passengers (and not at the last minute, but at time of booking). Reducing the past passenger credit to $100 is an insult to their loyal passengers. 

That is why we are on Viking in 89 days after 3 cruises on Uniworld.

14 hours ago, DaKa2002 said:

We are coming up on our second Uniworld river cruise, with a March cruise.  These posts make me wonder if there will be a follow-on, as we were planning on booking onboard.  Time will tell...

The current onboard booking discount is 3%, in addition to your RHC discount, and any others which may be in effect at the time.

Robin

21 hours ago, DC0743 said:

Viking has not increased their past passenger benefit.  It has always been a max of $200 if you book another cruise within a year.  $100 for the year after that.  Then nothing for past customers.

Plus, now Viking has returned to their old policy of requiring full payment one year or more before sailing. numerous threads here and on facebook where customers swear they'll never travel Viking again.  All over maybe a hundred bucks or two of lost bank or whatever interest.

I'm not anti-Viking at all, have another Viking cruise booked, but every cruise line has some financial practices that folks don't love.  Don't let the small details stop you from your favorite style of cruising.

Edited by philw1776

I have always paid full in advance and Uniworld used to give 10% off for that but has stopped that policy. (that's is no small detail: $1,250) Instead Viking basically includes the discount in their price and also gives a 3% discount if you don't use a credit card. Viking recently offered me the $200 and it has been over a year since my last cruise. What is disappointing is that Uniworld is apparently turning their back on loyal customers by lowering their past passenger discount from 5% (average savings $600 plus) to $100.

Edited by DC0743
forgot detail
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

NeedtoTravel1 - we are going on the Paris Normandy Josie de Vivre with Uniworld in April..any tips? Did you do any of the Paris excursions on last day docked? In particular the "Do as a Local"  if so how was it? i see they take you on metro which I have no problem doing..except a friend said it can take almost an hour each way just getting to and from that area on metro..we are thinking of getting our own guide we are a group of 8 for the day on our own...we have been to Paris twice years ago buthtis is our first river cruise..hope we choose a good one! thoughts on Paris? We are also going 3 days prior to cruise doing Normandy on our own ..(Mont St Michel) .  we are in our mid 60's but still  enjoy activities in evening..I hear only 2 nights entertainment on boat we may take our own cards and games? on days we arent exhausted from touring! How was the food? 

thanks!!! 

5 hours ago, jskcak said:

Hi jskcak,

You picked a great itinerary for you first river cruise (bet it won't be your last!)  Good thinking doing Mont St Michel on your own-we signed up for that excursion & it was canceled due to lack of interest.  We were so disappointed to miss it (it still hurts:).  We didn't do any excursions with the ship on our last day but we did tag along with the "Do as the Locals Do" group & guide on the Metro (the cruise director gave us the tickets) as they headed up to Notre Dame then we struck out on our own (we talked to a few people who were on it & they really enjoyed it-good sights/well paced tour).  It took about 20 minutes on the Metro to get there so not too bad.  Some of the sights in ParisI recommend are The Conciergerie (where Marie Antoinette was imprisoned) & San Chappelle (even prettier than Notre Dame).  Our favorite though was the Archeological Crypt (underneath the courtyard in front of Notre Dame)-it's a preserved section of Paris from the Middle Ages, you can see alleyways & the stone outlines of buildings.  It was really cool. 

On the ship you're welcome to bring your own games/cards (the evening entertainment leaves a bit to be desired).  Our favorite entertainment was just sitting on the sun deck in the evening watching the world go by.    You spend most evenings sailing so there aren't many ports where you overnight but you should be docked in Rouen overnight.  The town does a light show on the Cathedral that is really worth seeing-the cruise director will be able to tell you what time it goes off.  It's in the historical center of town & about a 10 minute walk from the ship.  

The staff was fantastic-they are so nice & work so hard, whatever they get paid it isn't enough!  All the meals were delish as well.  Sorry this is so long, now I want to take another river cruise!  Last tip-don't forget to use the sun deck!  Enjoy your trip!

5 hours ago, jskcak said:

NeedtoTravel1 - we are going on the Paris Normandy Josie de Vivre with Uniworld in April..any tips? Did you do any of the Paris excursions on last day docked? In particular the "Do as a Local"  if so how was it? i see they take you on metro which I have no problem doing..except a friend said it can take almost an hour each way just getting to and from that area on metro..we are thinking of getting our own guide we are a group of 8 for the day on our own...we have been to Paris twice years ago buthtis is our first river cruise..hope we choose a good one! thoughts on Paris? We are also going 3 days prior to cruise doing Normandy on our own ..(Mont St Michel) .  we are in our mid 60's but still  enjoy activities in evening..I hear only 2 nights entertainment on boat we may take our own cards and games? on days we arent exhausted from touring! How was the food? 

thanks!!! 

• 11 months later...

DC0743, I see you were on Uniworld's Antoinette in Suite 404.  Please tell me that's not the one with turquoise walls and leopard print decorations!  Just booked it myself!  Also, do you know if the noise issues you experienced were common, or unique to 404?  Thanks!!!