Just back off Navigator

Just returned off 12 days canaries on the Navigator

All in all I enjoyed the time I spent on ship,travelled with 2 other Couples and we were determined to enjoy ourselves.

we had a promenade stateroom which was nice though a bit shabby was nice to open curtains and have some light though

Entertainment wasn't very good but did enjoy Roy Walker and a ventriliquist but 2 out of 12 isn't good and the promenade shows 70s and 80 s were just the crew dancing to music very butlins 

Food also was a let down.While the food in buffet was very good with a fantastic choice of everything you could think of the MDR food

was definatly below what used to be,no wow dishes or presentation

And definatly saw a lot more people opting to dine in buffet and going very casual,which IMHO is a shame because I imagine fine dining will be phased out if there isn't the demand for it........,,

As previously said that while the ship is still beautiful it definately time for the refurb

Would I go on Navigator again? 

After the refurb,who knows???? Don't think it's coming to these shores again for a while,if ever

We were on the same cruise.

Missed Roy Walker unfortunately, due to son being ill. I love 80's music but was disappointed with Coyote, too many 80''s power ballads for my liking. Dad loved the Big Band show.

Loved the 8 pm quiz,  in the Star lounge. Not because we like quizzes, because most nights there were mistakes with the questions. The questions were read out and also displayed on a screen.  There were: 2 number 8's;  spelling and grammar mistakes and a couple of reading out mistakes.  

Loved our cabin we had a spacious panoramic ocean view on deck 12 . I would have the same cabin again.  

1 hour ago, little britain said:

I thought Perry Grant was on that cruise too?  He was so popular he started in the Schooner Bar and ended up in the theatre?

My parents were on the cruise before this one and Perry Grant was onboard then. They had never seen him before and enjoyed him very much.

Julie

I was ju;st on the 12 night Navigator to Canaries and Morocco as well.  I did my survey and unfortunately there is little space for the types of comments I wanted to make.

They did really well with some things, like my special diet.  I did not like it that the times for ice show so limited, and almost all port days, hence we missed it--and it is only show we really love. 

We loved the ports, but the extremely hilly nature of almost all of them does create a problem after a few days!

Perhaps I will post a full review of my own very soon

We were also on this cruise and we thought it was fantastic, the food was great, we ate mainly in the windjammer only due to the very short tempered waiter we were assigned .

We ate lobster at least six times which was a surprise !

Perry Grant made it for us, we had never seen him before and thoroughly enjoyed his show he was hilarious .

I agree the promenade shows were rather like Butlins and not a patch on the similar ones on the Independence last year .

I had to check your review out when I saw Navigator. We were on NOTS for 5 b2b cruises in 2016 so I can imagine by now she really needs some attention. It's good she will get some attention in 2019.

We always go to the buffet. We tried the dining room a few times in the past but it just wasn't for us.