Do any hotels offer free shuttles to Port Everglades?

mary_228

In the process of booking our hotel for our pre-cruise one night stay and can't find an easy way to identify hotels that offer free shuttles to the ship. We are a family of four, so paying a per person fee adds up quickly. Most offer free shuttles from the airport, but none to the cruise port that I can find. Thank you for the recommendations.

Can't help with your question but here's an alternative:

https://www.uber.com/fare-estimate/

That link will allow you to estimate cost of an uber ride to the port.  As you say, most of the hotels charge by the number of people which can really add up.  Uber doesn't.  Also, taxis are an option.  If you're staying along 17th street, the fare would probably be less than $20, total.  This may be better than trying to find a free hotel shuttle.  

• Thanks 1

A commonly recommended great source of info for questions like yours is sunny.org. Lists all the hotels in Ft Lauderdale and their amenities, like shuttles.

I think there are only one or two that offer free shuttles. Uber/Lyft and taxis work just fine.

www.sunny.org is the correct link mentioned by Bruce.

I would not limit your search to hotels offering "free" shuttles to the port - find a hotel that meets your needs and budget and then use a taxi or UberXL.  Fare from FLL airport and nearby hotels to the port should only be about $15+ for the car (not per person.

Have a great cruise! :classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

We have stayed at the Ramada inn  airport the last  couple of times we sailed out of  ft Lauderdale they offer free pick up at the Airport as well as a shuttle to the cruise port.  Nothing fancy but gets the job done

Edited by billfish
spelling
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, antmaril said:

The Hampton Inn in Plantation offers a free airport shuttle as well as a free shuttle to the Port.  

Thanks a bunch for this tip. We stayed in Plantation last year for the first time (not the Hampton Inn) and paid a fortune for the long taxi ride to PE. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 9:41 AM, antmaril said:

The Hampton Inn in Plantation offers a free airport shuttle as well as a free shuttle to the Port.  

We always stay here when flying into FLL.  We’re always able to get their shuttle to the cruise port early as we wish.  It’s a very nice hotel with a variety of places around if needed. 

We stayed at Springhill Suites Airport/Cruiseport in Dania Beach and they provided free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel (until 11:30pm) as well as free shuttle service to the cruiseport (you just sign up when you check in).  It's my understanding that this is still offered, but wouldn't hurt to confirm w/ them on the phone.

It's a good choice for a family.  Free breakfast in the am but rooms are decent sized as well.  Chipotle, McD's and Burger King within walking distance, but I don't think there's much else in terms of restaurants.

On 10/28/2018 at 9:35 AM, mysparky said:

We stayed at Springhill Suites Airport/Cruiseport in Dania Beach and they provided free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel (until 11:30pm) as well as free shuttle service to the cruiseport (you just sign up when you check in).  It's my understanding that this is still offered, but wouldn't hurt to confirm w/ them on the phone.

It's a good choice for a family.  Free breakfast in the am but rooms are decent sized as well.  Chipotle, McD's and Burger King within walking distance, but I don't think there's much else in terms of restaurants.

We have done the same several times.  However, things do change, so please call and confirm with the hotel.