CC's own countdown image is too big for signature?

I'd hope they bring them back someday, but smaller.  They were jsut so huge, and people abused it by leaving them up enven after they sailed.

They did the same with the outrageous signatures, and now those got scaled back.  Nobody really cares where someone sailed to in 2005.  Just the cruiser.  Really.

1 hour ago, CC Help Jenn said:

We actually are not supporting newly created countdown clocks

Only the clocks that were in your signature prior to the platform change will be supported

I had 2 set up for 2 upcoming trips, but I got rid of them when I realized that they were not actually counting down. They just sat there.

1 hour ago, gnome12 said:

I had 2 set up for 2 upcoming trips, but I got rid of them when I realized that they were not actually counting down. They just sat there.

It looks like that is the bigger issue now. There are alternatives but if CC is going to cache the image and keep serving up the same one rather than reloading it then the countdown functionality disappears.

I have gone into my signature to delete one of the Countdown Clocks ( for some reason I have 2 for the same cruise)

It won't let me SAVE, telling me that my Signature is too big! 

I know its too big, I'm trying to delete one, but it won't let me save.

🤣🤣🤣 Very frustrated!!!

Edited by upwarduk
insert emoji

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

I have gone into my signature to delete one of the Countdown Clocks ( for some reason I have 2 for the same cruise)

🤣🤣🤣 Very frustrated!!!

One countdown clock (which doesn't actually work anymore to countdown) is bigger than the maximum size of a picture according to the new rules. Either leave your signature as is, or, if you edit it, it needs to be compliant with the new rules.

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

🤣🤣🤣 Very frustrated!!!

You will need to have zero countdown clocks and reduce your signature to 6 lines before you will be able to modify and save it.

55 minutes ago, eguiney said:

This "UPDATE" seems to be going backwards in stead of forward.

Well, I guess some functionality needs to evolve with the change in the forum software.  Too bad, I liked my countdown clocks.

I wonder if it would be possible to use an external URL to embed the equivalent, while not looking like an oversized image?

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Well, I guess some functionality needs to evolve with the change in the forum software.  Too bad, I liked my countdown clocks.

I wonder if it would be possible to use an external URL to embed the equivalent, while not looking like an oversized image?

Right now that doesn't appear to be an option. I have an eternal countdown clock in my footer that I built but Cruise Critic is caching the image rather than loading from the external source so my countdown won't update anymore. If there was a way to prevent caching then it would be possible.