Interesting muster drill change on Silhouette

lisiamc

Per a thread in September, (click here) another poster was wishing that Celebrity could so something about the crowding and lack of seats in some muster venues, and it seems that they have!

We boarded Silhouette yesterday.  When I saw that our muster station was B2, the dreaded Photo Gallery, I told my DH we had better go early, to find a place to lean against the wall, since there are only a few seats, reserved for people who really need them.  To our surprise, we were sent down to the small lecture theatre on Deck 4, with plenty of comfortable seats for nearly everyone.  During the drill we were told that in a real muster situation, we were NOT to come back there, but to gather in the Photo Gallery on 5.  After the drill, I asked a crew member about this change, and she said it started a couple of cruises ago.

Well, well, using Celebrity Central!!:classic_love:

So glad Celebrity listened.

Now, I wonder what they did about the cramped conditions in Murano? ( 23.06.18)

The only advantage of Murano was that you could go directly out on to Deck 5 to the lifeboats. Otherwise it was dreadful, as even those lucky passengers to get seats couldn’t see the film, as other passengers stood in front of them.

On Equinox in Sept. we were initially in B3 (or 2) in the very full theater.. Later in the cruise I heard announcements about several muster station changes. Ours was changed to Quasar. I wondered then in the case of a real emergency, how many people would have paid attention to the announced changes. 

21 minutes ago, 39august said:

On Equinox in Sept. we were initially in B3 (or 2) in the very full theater.. Later in the cruise I heard announcements about several muster station changes. Ours was changed to Quasar. I wondered then in the case of a real emergency, how many people would have paid attention to the announced changes. 

At least for Celebrity Central, it would be easy enough to station a crew member in the doorway to send everyone back upstairs in the case of a real muster.  Our group was doing a good job with the 3 Ups - Show Up, Shut Up, and Listen Up, so I think there would be pretty good compliance.