Any perks for booking a future cruise while onboard an MSC ship?

kj_connections

The perks you get are double Voyagers' Club points and OBC.

Yes, you can indicate your TA. Just make sure it's on the booking sheet you get on the ship; I've seen some forgetfulness...

Also, it might be worth your while to check the prices ont MSC web site before meeting with the Future Cruises agent; check the price and the inclusions.  We were on board recently and booked for November 2019, and were offered a "2 for 1 bundle" that had nothing bundled - I inquired and was told that was the best price etc.  Got back home, checked MSC site and found the same cruise for about 9-10% less, with laundry at 30% off and 3 excursions included.  My TA spent 4 hours on the phone to get the laundry and excursions, but MSC would not match the price.  I could not risk losing the cabin (YC was almost full already) so I will just choke on the price.

44 minutes ago, Zephyr173 said:

The perks you get are double Voyagers' Club points and OBC.

Yes, you can indicate your TA. Just make sure it's on the booking sheet you get on the ship; I've seen some forgetfulness...

Also, it might be worth your while to check the prices ont MSC web site before meeting with the Future Cruises agent; check the price and the inclusions.  We were on board recently and booked for November 2019, and were offered a "2 for 1 bundle" that had nothing bundled - I inquired and was told that was the best price etc.  Got back home, checked MSC site and found the same cruise for about 9-10% less, with laundry at 30% off and 3 excursions included.  My TA spent 4 hours on the phone to get the laundry and excursions, but MSC would not match the price.  I could not risk losing the cabin (YC was almost full already) so I will just choke on the price.

What ship did you book?  I just booked the Seaside 11/9/19 in a YC balcony & got no perks, only my 5% Black Card discount. 

We were on Preziosa, and booked Divina for 5 November 2019.  21 nights from Genoa to Miami.

Got my 5% Gold discount. 

You should have received some OBC, depending on the experience you booked. YC get 200 USD or EUR. 

On 10/20/2018 at 6:02 PM, Norwegian Cruiser 73 said:

We sailed on the MSC Seaview this summer and had a great cruise. The food was excellent in the buffet with lots of variety, both for lunch and dinner. As we were in YC we didn't dine in the main dining room but our friends who sailed in a balcony cabin said that the food was good. And compared to our last cruise on RCCL, the Jewel Of The Seas the buffet was far better on the MSC Seaview without doubt. I highly recommend to try the Asian Market Speciality Restaurant as well. Great food and service. 

Enjoy your cruise on the impressive MSC Seaview 👍 

Here is my video from our cruise :

Edited by Haworth

Hi 6143.  There are no offers in the cabin or in YC.  We asked the concierge to set up an appointment for the Future Cruise rep to come and meet us at the YC Concierge area.  I had not desire to stand around for an hour with a ton of people in front of the Future Cruise desk.

When I booked my upcoming cruise on Seaside whilst on Divina in November last year, I received pretty much as described above - $200 +$50 OBC, double voyager's club points + 15+5% discount off the overall fare.

I'd be interested to know opinions on what to do regarding booking next cruise whilst on board Seaside this November. Not looking to cruise again until mid-2020, but these cruises are not yet on sale. Would it be advisable to book a cruise on board to secure the benefits, then change the booking to another cruise once they're released?