Yeti Cups / Vacuum Sealed Cups on Board

egcruise

I have a Yeti type cup, that I'm hoping on bringing which is "vacuum" sealed, would I have any issues bringing that on board empty?

Also, do you know if they charge you for making coffee in your room?

(I'm on tomorrow's sailing of the bliss and just have a last minute questions, thank you all for your time!)

No problem bringing cup onboard. But the ship has lots of cups and it is a lot of extra size and weight to be carrying around.

No charge for coffee in room. Your room steward will refill coffee supplies, but it is easier to fill up in the buffet, coffee station, or restaurant. 

Yeti type cups, empty water bottles, sports bottles, etc. are all allowed without restrictions. Best way to get them filled is to slip a bartender a few bills and have them do it for you all the time. Have a good cruise.

the Yeti idea is fantastic.  i have long been a Tervis fan but the Yeti outperforms them.  

I usually get a mess of bottled water delivered to the room so i can have cold water in the fridge 24/7.   The Yeti might alleviate that necessity since they will keep iced water frosty cold all night long...and then some.  

• 1 year later...
On 10/27/2018 at 10:29 AM, havanadaydreaming said:

i have long been a Tervis fan

Terribly sorry for the late reply, I've never heard of Tervis. I personally use Ozark Trail (Walmart Brand), as they seem to have better or the same efficacy as the Yeti, at a quarter of the price.

Lately, we fell in love with our 16 and 20 oz. Contigo double insulated stainless steel cup, keep it hot or cold all day or all night long.  Plus, my own favorite French Vietnamese drip coffee by Lee's Sandwich, sold via Amazon. 

It maintained temperature for good 8 to 10 hours, ice cubes don't melt entirely all day long.

IMG_20200106_125523069.jpg

46 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Lately, we fell in love with our 16 and 20 oz. Contigo double insulated stainless steel cup, keep it hot or cold all day or all night long.  Plus, my own favorite French Vietnamese drip coffee by Lee's Sandwich, sold via Amazon. 

It maintained temperature for good 8 to 10 hours, ice cubes don't melt entirely all day long.

IMG_20200106_125523069.jpg

So who gets the larger cup for the hot toddy on the shorex?  You or Mrs?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, dmdiver said:

Tervis is a double-walled plastic cup.

My daughter has Yeti, Rtic & Ozark Trail.  She feels they are all pretty much the same & you can't beat the price on the Ozark Trail.

Tervis also comes in a double walled stainless steel.  They're spendy, but work well.  Here is an example
https://www.tervis.com/dolphin-aqua-icon-stainless-20oz-stainless-tumbler-1339963.html

That said, I have both Tervis and Ozark Trail and they preform very similarly.  But the Tervis comes in cute designs, and the Ozark Trails don't come in very attractive colors any more.