GRAND docking San Fran

Tophat4321

57 minutes ago, Tophat4321 said:

Does the Grand "back in" or "drive in" at port? I have seen videos of them "backing in". I have been to SFO three times on other cruise lines and they 'drove in".

Here’s a photo of the Grand in October of this year. Hope that this answers your question. 

Tom😎

6A14E352-699C-4A74-B125-DA6B87738E81.jpeg

• Like 1

On 11/1/2018 at 5:59 PM, trbarton said:

Here’s a photo of the Grand in October of this year. Hope that this answers your question. 

Tom😎

6A14E352-699C-4A74-B125-DA6B87738E81.jpeg

If anyone has been on the Grand or any other Princess ship out of San Francisco they always back in as they need that side to load & unloade things. My photo is unusual because you would normally see a refueling barge which is not in the photo. This is the first time I have never seen a refueling barge there. 

Tom😎

Princess always back their ships in at Pier 27 in San Francisco, yet every other cruise line I've seen does the opposite with the front of the ship facing the City.  I've always wondered why Princess does it differently then everyone else???

3 hours ago, Phamer55 said:

Princess always back their ships in at Pier 27 in San Francisco, yet every other cruise line I've seen does the opposite with the front of the ship facing the City.  I've always wondered why Princess does it differently then everyone else???

We did a BVE on Grand Princess. When we got off we stayed a while and wandered around. Crown Princess was there as well and it was docked facing land. I got a picture of a small potted tree in the window of the bridge.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:44 PM, oskidunker said:

Looks bad without the night club

Just got off the Grand yesterday.

One of our favorite Head Waiter's told me the Star will replace the Grand in 2020.

He was very sure about that...we'll see.

If it's true...we'll have a skywalkers again.