Environmental questions

Whitetrike

As my first cruise gets closer and closer I find myself asking questions that I have not seen answered on CC!  The main question for you cruising veterans is about controlling the temperature of your cabin!  DW and I sleep better in a coolish bedroom.  Can we lower the temperature to around 65 degrees at night?  The other question is about the supply of hot water!  Can we expect to get enough hot water for a comfortable shower?  Are there better times in the day when hot water is plentiful?  Thanks in advance for your input!

Edited by Whitetrike

I have always found the hot water to be unlimited. As far as 65 degrees, I dont think so. In the Caribbean anyway. You can keep your drapes closed if you have a balcony. This helps keep the room cool.

PS, dont leave your balcony door open. This affects the ac in the entire section of cabins you are in.

1 hour ago, Whitetrike said:

As my first cruise gets closer and closer I find myself asking questions that I have not seen answered on CC!  The main question for you cruising veterans is about controlling the temperature of your cabin!  DW and I sleep better in a coolish bedroom.  Can we lower the temperature to around 65 degrees at night?  The other question is about the supply of hot water!  Can we expect to get enough hot water for a comfortable shower?  Are there better times in the day when hot water is plentiful?  Thanks in advance for your input!

Hot water, yes, never had an problem any time of day

Room Temp. Each cabin has a thermostat. There are no numeric settings. Settings go from colder, more a/c, to warmer, less a/c or heat may be on. Some cabins work better than others. If you are in a balcony cabin keep your balcony door closed for better cabin temp control.

I've never gotten my cabin that cool at night.  Many people will pack their own little fans that plug in for he nigh time.  

Shower, I've never had a problem with a hot shower.  We have 4 in our cabin and we shower one after the other.  Always fine.  

On some of the Princess ships I've been on it seems impossible to get the cabin temperature low enough for a comfortable nights sleep - I prefer a temperature below 18C (65F). Sometimes it's because of the position of the air con outlet and I now pack a small fan which helps in that case.

No problems with hot water supply but sometimes the cold water isn't cold enough. 

Never any problem with hot water.  But our Sept 22-Oct 2 cruise on the Crown E633 (ocean view)  we could not get the room cool.  It was close to the ships laundry room and sometimes at night you could smell the laundry coming through the vents.  Maybe there was an issue with laundry exhaust coming in? We kept drapes closed during the day