Going going gone sale

11 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The F&F flier updated today. Those are a bit closer to a deal than the joke list that is the GGG flier.

Yep, would be nice if it wasn't limited to the Northeast but I've accepted that are just very few good prices in Florida.

5 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I believe they are referring to “Friends and Family” rates. I don’t think you get C&A points with those unless it has changed. 

I got C&A points for one last year. The only “catch” of which I’m aware is that only a TA can access them.

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I got C&A points for one last year. The only “catch” of which I’m aware is that only a TA can access them.

I don't think CAS discounts apply like DP340 or balcony discounts.  

Whenever I've looked into them as a solo they rarely look appealing.  

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

While waiting for the GGG flier editor to post some real deals

I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one. I do want to see what the flier looks like once we get past the summer though.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2023 at 7:29 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Yep, would be nice if it wasn't limited to the Northeast but I've accepted that are just very few good prices in Florida.

Florida (particularly PC in my research) prices are nuts. I even researched flying to Galveston to sail Harmony. we live 45 min away from ECP and have tons of SW points. Their flights to Hobby are reasonable. 

18 minutes ago, simon.hed said:

Florida (particularly PC in my research) prices are nuts.

Yeah, they're pretty bad. Wonder was always going to be a bit overpriced but it doesn't seem to matter what ship these days. If you don't mind smaller ships, Tampa has some decent prices for certain times.

PC is an hour drive for me and that convenience holds too much value for me personally to go anywhere else. I only took a look at Tampa b/c it's only slightly farther. I don't even like ships below Voyager class but I'd consider a cheap cruise on Enchantment if it allows us to fit an extra one in (which would also get us to D+ as we'll be 7 points away after our next cruise in a few weeks so there's that).

I did manage to get a reasonable deal (by current standards) for Wonder next March via a TA deal at least so I was happy with that.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yeah, they're pretty bad. Wonder was always going to be a bit overpriced but it doesn't seem to matter what ship these days. If you don't mind smaller ships, Tampa has some decent prices for certain times.

PC is an hour drive for me and that convenience holds too much value for me personally to go anywhere else. I only took a look at Tampa b/c it's only slightly farther. I don't even like ships below Voyager class but I'd consider a cheap cruise on Enchantment if it allows us to fit an extra one in (which would also get us to D+ as we'll be 7 points away after our next cruise in a few weeks so there's that).

I did manage to get a reasonable deal (by current standards) for Wonder next March via a TA deal at least so I was happy with that.

I'm also 7 nights away from D+ at the moment. I'm looking for a FL 7 nights in order to reach D+ before my June 2024 Greece / Turkey cruise. I looked at Wonder in May but it's gone up substantially and out of my price range right now. If you find any bargains out of FL, please post. Tks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

We drive to Orlando and stay near the airport, then drive the 45 min or so to the port date of departure. The Orlando drive is 5 hours or so which is brutal, but alternative of airports, baggage, etc. makes it the least bad option.

We sailed Harmony for a comparatively 'cheap' trip August of last year. Wonder has been double or more than that sailing. Allure for 4 or 5 night sailings next year are more reasonable but if I am taking off a week and driving that far I would much prefer longer.

I have looked at Tampa, but the boss lady loves PDCC and I would like to stick to at least Voyager class.

58 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I'm also 7 nights away from D+ at the moment. I'm looking for a FL 7 nights in order to reach D+ before my June 2024 Greece / Turkey cruise. I looked at Wonder in May but it's gone up substantially and out of my price range right now. If you find any bargains out of FL, please post. Tks!

As I mentioned above, Enchantment out of Tampa has some 7-nighters that are cheap (under $600pp for an interior, a few under $500pp). Of course, Enchantment is old and small but the price is right if you're OK with the ship and skipping Cococay

That's the only thing I would consider a "bargain" and I'm not sure that's the right word. If you do Western Caribbean and trade Wonder+Cococay for Enchantment+Belize I would hope the price would be cheaper, lol.

I haven't seen anything good from PC and I don't really look at South Florida unless I'm bored and curious. Hope this helps. Would love to tell you I found this awesome deal on Wonder... but that ain't happening.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

As I mentioned above, Enchantment out of Tampa has some 7-nighters that are cheap (under $600pp for an interior, a few under $500pp). Of course, Enchantment is old and small but the price is right if you're OK with the ship and skipping Cococay

That's the only thing I would consider a "bargain" and I'm not sure that's the right word. If you do Western Caribbean and trade Wonder+Cococay for Enchantment+Belize I would hope the price would be cheaper, lol.

I haven't seen anything good from PC and I don't really look at South Florida unless I'm bored and curious. Hope this helps. Would love to tell you I found this awesome deal on Wonder... but that ain't happening.

Thanks! I saw those Enchantment cruises out of Tampa but I've been on her before and was less than enchanted. 😇  I'll keep looking -- was even considering some out of LA (with airline points). 

11 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Thanks! I saw those Enchantment cruises out of Tampa but I've been on her before and was less than enchanted. 😇  I'll keep looking -- was even considering some out of LA (with airline points). 

Ironically, the only time I was on Enchantment was back in 2014 when she was at PC and we needed exactly 4 pts for Diamond so we took the cheapest 4-nighter we could find. I had never been on anything smaller than Voyager before nor had I ever been on a short cruise... boy did I miss having a promenade, lol. That said, we still had a good time and it served its purpose.

If some "life stuff" works out between now and the fall, we've said we'd consider it, but we'd be booking closer to the sailing so who knows what the price will be then? On the bigger ships, we've spent an awful lot of time just enjoying the ship and Cococay since restart so our justification for dealing with the ship would be to take 3 long excursions (possibly 4 but I've never even looked at Belize, let alone been there). This increases the total cost of the trip of course but the ones we have in mind aren't particularly expensive and we'd likely skip an excursion or two next time we do Western on a bigger ship (likely Wonder).

There's also something poetic about achieving both D and D+ on the same ship but I'm not sure that's a good reason to go. 🤣

On 4/27/2023 at 8:56 AM, Starry Eyes said:

Don’t kid yourself.  Whether or not people in CA whisper or shout, the bean counters will nevertheless notice the revenue coming from various ships.  

Hmmm....so serious.......so dour.........you need a cruise, Starry.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Depends how flexible you are on ships and dates. Explorer has some pretty good prices out of Florida.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

are the prices in the GGG flyer or on the website? I don't see them on the flyer?

Never mind that there are no real deals on the GGG flier this week, but the prices listed on the flier may not always be available if you try to book.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1