What to do in Port Canaveral beside Disney

ddy123

Just now, smplybcause said:

Interesting. Wondering what on earth the website was talking about Star Wars for!!! I'll have to see if I can find it next time I'm wandering around Disney Springs. 

Oh, the Star Wars thing.  I am not sure about that.  I posted two things, one was the zombie hunting which i DID do, and the Star Wars thing at the Void which I was told tickets were not available for the same day. 

What I gather is that it is a Hybrid virtual reality adventure.  Hybrid because it uses both real world stuff overlaid with the virtual reality.  From my research, it takes place in a physical maze of sorts.  People wear the VR gear, but when they interact with their environment, they are actually interacting.  Example, if there's a door that needs to be opened in the VR world, that physical door is there in real life.  If there are buttons or levels that need to be used, then there is a real level or button.  I don't think its an escape room exactly vs a scripted adventure with different outcome and branches depending on the choices you make.  I have a feeling you will not be stuck on anything like you would in an escape room.  Still, I'd love to do it the next time I'm in Orlando.

2 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

Oh, the Star Wars thing.  I am not sure about that.  I posted two things, one was the zombie hunting which i DID do, and the Star Wars thing at the Void which I was told tickets were not available for the same day. 

What I gather is that it is a Hybrid virtual reality adventure.  Hybrid because it uses both real world stuff overlaid with the virtual reality.  From my research, it takes place in a physical maze of sorts.  People wear the VR gear, but when they interact with their environment, they are actually interacting.  Example, if there's a door that needs to be opened in the VR world, that physical door is there in real life.  If there are buttons or levels that need to be used, then there is a real level or button.  I don't think its an escape room exactly vs a scripted adventure with different outcome and branches depending on the choices you make.  I have a feeling you will not be stuck on anything like you would in an escape room.  Still, I'd love to do it the next time I'm in Orlando.

Interesting. I had heard about the Zombies, but this Void is completely new to me. Might have to check it out. Thanks!

4 hours ago, island lady said:

John....I remember when that street sign kept being stolen...they had to make a special tall base and place it way up high out of reach.  😮 

Yes, it is very high.  Plans in works to cut Lori Wilson down to one entrance.  That would likely eliminate that street

On 11/14/2018 at 10:59 AM, ownedbypets said:

We had fun in Cassadaga many years ago.  It was almost 30 years ago and one pf my predictions was right!

FYI - LOVE your user name, we should be ‘ownedbypets2” 😹😂

They were out of season when we went, but I was bold even when I was much younger so I marched up to one of the houses and got a reading anyway. Now, I have to say I am not a believer, “science is me” 🤓 But, it was fun and something I thought I wanted to do while I was there (when in Spain...). Nothing was really accurate (I have the cassette around here somewhere), but that didn’t matter since I found the experience intriguing. My late husband, bless him, he never once looked at me at times like that and said “you want to what?!?!!?” Some might call him long suffering, I just thought he was a miracle. ♥️

Lynn

Edited by 2Beeze

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:53 AM, accio_7 said:

I really appreciate this information and this thread as I am debating on whether to stay in Orlando or Port Canaveral the day before my Harmony cruise next December. Also debating on visiting both parks at Universal for the solo purpose of exploring the WWoHP LOL (NERD ALERT!), but it sounds as if there is actually a ton to see and do in the Port Canaveral area. 

If Harry Potter is on your bucket list and you don't see another opportunity to visit in your near future, I would recommend you stick with that plan rather than spending the extra day in the Port / Cocoa Beach area.  It's fine, as many others attest here, but the Universal parks are exceptional.  Yes, there is plenty to do, but Florida in general is like that, so pick what you really want to do.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

FYI - LOVE your user name, we should be ‘ownedbypets2” 😹😂

They were out of season when we went, but I was bold even when I was much younger so I marched up to one of the houses and got a reading anyway. Now, I have to say I am not a believer, “science is me” 🤓 But, it was fun and something I thought I wanted to do while I was there (when in Spain...). Nothing was really accurate (I have the cassette around here somewhere), but that didn’t matter since I found the experience intriguing. My late husband, bless him, he never once looked at me at times like that and said “you want to what?!?!!?” Some might call him long suffering, I just thought he was a miracle. ♥️

Lynn

I'm not a believer either, it was just something different to do.  My husband rolled his eyes when I said I wanted to see the town, he was just a boyfriend at the time.  I thought the lady was crazy with everything she said, especially when she said we would get married, have a son and five years later have twin girls. All three of those things happened. We are celebrating our 30th anniversary next month!

15 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

I'm not a believer either, it was just something different to do.  My husband rolled his eyes when I said I wanted to see the town, he was just a boyfriend at the time.  I thought the lady was crazy with everything she said, especially when she said we would get married, have a son and five years later have twin girls. All three of those things happened. We are celebrating our 30th anniversary next month!

I then would imagine you have very fond memories of It! It did have predictive value, the fact that he wa flexible and willing to go outside the box with you 💑 So glad it worked out so well.😊

Lynn