Platinum priority ship to shore shuttle limits?

marpauly

Just now, marpauly said:

Hi,just wanted to know if we can bring guests as platinum for priority ship to shore shuttles? Is there a limit or just the passengers who are platinum or higher can have the benefits? Thanks for the info.

So you are going to get some intersting replies.  I will answer as to how program works.  You go to guest services and someone will bring you down via another way to the water shuttle.  If you had kids or couple you were traveling with there would not be a problem.  How many would you like to pull?

• Like 1

Yes it would be another couple and  their kid and we are 2 platinum members.They are gold. I'm only asking as I have no idea of the rules? If it can't be done we'll manage but we have an excursion early in the AM that isn't thru Carnival. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

I can see allowing a certain number of non-platinums riding the coattails of a platinum for tendering.  When the number of non-platinums starts growing, then I admit I get a wee bit annoyed.  I wish people would self-police at drawing a line.

That comment really has nothing to do with the OP.  Just me expressing an opinion.

That's why i'm asking. If it's only for Platinum I understand,we just passed the line at 76 days so we have no idea if it should and could be done.Thanks!

Just now, marpauly said:

That's why i'm asking. If it's only for Platinum I understand,we just passed the line at 76 days so we have no idea if it should and could be done.Thanks!

You may get some jaded replies, but I am sure it would not be a problem.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nwo4life said:

I think I remember that a platinum card holder can take 8 non Platinums on the tender.

Wow...that seems like a lot. I really wished they had a policy written somewhere. I know it's a privilege so we don't want to abuse it.Thanks!

21 minutes ago, marpauly said:

Yes it would be another couple and  their kid and we are 2 platinum members.They are gold. I'm only asking as I have no idea of the rules? If it can't be done we'll manage but we have an excursion early in the AM that isn't thru Carnival. Thanks!

Yes, you can bring (under the rules) extra people.  I think it is 5-8 so 3 are easily ok.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BallFour4 said:

In the past we got varied answers. Five is the number that stuck, and we've brought our family and friends with us in the past.

Thanks..3rd member stating at least 5 so as 3 is what we would need that makes us happy.Thanks!

49 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

As I remember it platinum / diamond members could bring up to 5 people along with them, so let me be the 4th to tell you it shouldn't be a problem. :classic_cool:

Thanks...l knew I could get answers from the cruise critic community.

Even though it isn't listed on Carnival's website as a Platinum/Diamond benefit, the VIFP letter left in your cabin on the first day listing the Platinum/Diamond benefits should (or at least used to) state that each Platinum/Diamond member can take up to 5 additional guests along for priority tendering.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, marpauly said:

hey it is cool.   the answer is yes and i have done it with my daughter and her family on occasion.  We just dont do it as a rule and select when we feel the need.  3 more sailings and they are Platinum and i will be glad, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mredandchis said:

hey it is cool.   the answer is yes and i have done it with my daughter and her family on occasion.  We just dont do it as a rule and select when we feel the need.  3 more sailings and they are Platinum and i will be glad, 

Thanks...yes even thow we are tendering 2 times I only need it once. We usually just go out late in the AM after the tender rush but they want to go on a full day of fun in Belize ...lol

• Like 1