Edge Pre-Inaugural Review with Photos and Menus

MVPinBoynton

10 minutes ago, kearney said:

I was not familiar with the signature feature at all... so that was nice. Man, I really loved your photos. They made the entertainment feel alive... nice job.  The room shots are also very helpful. Since your wife uses a scooter... on your next cruise review you might want to include some hints for those traveling on the ship with scooters etc. I say this because this will be our second trip renting one... the reason I asked so many questions... I am sure I am not the only one out there... trying to get the lay of the land so to speak. Thanks again

I do normally like to mention in our reviews about what Carol is able to do on excursions; but don't mention much about her getting around on the ship, since it has never been an issue for her.  I thought that the newer ships are all very handicap accessible.  Am I incorrect on that?   I did mention about the bed by window in the cabin being a must for scooter people.  

With only 9 days left until we board the EDGE, I've decided to wait to check out your review, MVP!  Also going to withdraw from reading ANY Edge threads so as to experience this avant-garde ship with my own eyes. There are so many comments already posted about the IV drawbacks that second thoughts about the concept are starting to creep into this ol' brain. 

10 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I do normally like to mention in our reviews about what Carol is able to do on excursions; but don't mention much about her getting around on the ship, since it has never been an issue for her.  I thought that the newer ships are all very handicap accessible.  Am I incorrect on that?   I did mention about the bed by window in the cabin being a must for scooter people.  

My husband has been slowly declining as his knees get worse.. for the longest time he would just use a cane... when wheelchair assistance onto the ship... The issue I have had with Celebrity is the seating in public areas... I had to go ahead as he walked slowly to find a chair he could get out of. I recall trying a sofa in the martini bar and it was extremely difficult for him to get out of it... there are whole sections of the ship that we could not use... anything by the pool... Now with a scooter that problem is much less... at least he can sit there. I look at the 'sofa' in the cabin and realize that he likely can't use that.. I assume chair will work. On S class I would take one of the sofa cushions ...put it on the other side to make the height easier to sit on. My mother had MS and I watched my parents as they made alterations to the house to accommidate her disease... so I kinda know that I have t obe the scout. Don't get me wrong the ships are generally great... it is the little things like chair design that they don't think of. It is funny but on Royal no one ever came up to my husband...but on Celebrity I can't tell you how many people ask if he too has had or needs knee replacement or hip replacement... so it seems that many of their customers have knee and hip issues. Thanks again. We did move to bed by window cabin. 

8 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

With only 9 days left until we board the EDGE, I've decided to wait to check out your review, MVP!  Also going to withdraw from reading ANY Edge threads so as to experience this avant-garde ship with my own eyes. There are so many comments already posted about the IV drawbacks that second thoughts about the concept are starting to creep into this ol' brain. 

I certainly understand.  We thoroughly enjoyed the IV for the few hours we were in it before being upgraded to a suite.  I am looking forward to actually staying there for a full week.  The main benefit you might get from looking at our review is to be able to see every one of the about 60 venues, so that you don't miss something you might like to see.  The other benefit is to be able to see the specialty restaurant menus in case you want to book one of them before or when you get on the ship.  However, from my experience, the only reservations available were for later seating, which don't interest us.  Have a great time on the Edge.  I am sure she won't disappoint you.

40 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

I too had begun to feel overloaded by all the conflicting comments about the IV (being booked in one). I’d considered taking a short break from IV reviews once I finished VT’s wonderful live review, but when I saw MVP’s review, I changed my mind. I’ve been reading his reviews for years, and frankly, he’s one of the most unbiased reviewers out there. There’s a lot of interesting information in his review, illustrated with numerous lovely photos. As I mentioned in a previous post, his review complements VT’s live review very nicely. Whatever you decide, I hope you have a wonderful cruise, and please do post your impressions of your IV🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, killsport said:

I must be a moron... I can't figure out how to view signatures on the new CC site. Any suggestions? I'd like to read/see the review from  @MVPinBoynton

You just need to go into your settings after clicking your name in the upper right corner of the site and click on signature.  You can enable them there.  You can also just Google "Mike Carol cruise reviews" to find the link.

2 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

well Barb, have a wonderful time on this gorgeous ship...I will be flying into FFL on the 4th and board the Edge on the 6th of Jan and looking really forward to it...I read the report of MVP and it is real good and honest...at least take a peak...it is worth it...happy cruising, sorry I miss all of you in March...🤗 Rose

5 hours ago, Silkroad said:

I too had begun to feel overloaded by all the conflicting comments about the IV (being booked in one). I’d considered taking a short break from IV reviews once I finished VT’s wonderful live review, but when I saw MVP’s review, I changed my mind. I’ve been reading his reviews for years, and frankly, he’s one of the most unbiased reviewers out there. There’s a lot of interesting information in his review, illustrated with numerous lovely photos. As I mentioned in a previous post, his review complements VT’s live review very nicely. Whatever you decide, I hope you have a wonderful cruise, and please do post your impressions of your IV🙂

Thank you for the very nice comments.

17 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Thanks so much for your wonderful review and photos! I especially enjoyed your photos of the fascinating art. I find the wooden figures and the metal forest quite compelling, and can’t wait to visit them. I loved your description of the performances in Eden and the theater. You gave me an excellent sense of what the experience would be like. Your description of the drinks in Eden cracked me up. I did wonder about those ingredients😂 Inquiring minds need to know...which of the three drinks did you dislike? We’re booked for dinner in Eden. A cocktail is included, and we would hate to order nasty ones. It’s lovely the way your review complements Vt’s. Between the two of you, you’ve truly enriched the lives of those of us who are still eagerly awaiting our embarkation dates🙂

I was on the 1 Dec preview cruise. Had several cocktails in Eden. Preferred the Planter above all else. Speciality cocktails in Eden are all USD15 and above. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Dfox15 said:

I was on the 1 Dec preview cruise. Had several cocktails in Eden. Preferred the Planter above all else. Speciality cocktails in Eden are all USD15 and above. 

That is what the guy that recommended it to me said.  Everyone likes different things.  I guess that is a reason to try every one of them. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

Thanks for posting these! Question about the "Celebrity Signatures" section of the free restaurants/MDR menus. Do the dishes change each day? I see that 3 of the 4 are the same, but presumably they were from the same day.

The Signature items change each day, just like they always have.  You are correct in assuming that I took the photos of three of them on the same day.  The Exclusives and Classics stay the same each day.

For Kearney — speaking about using scooters.  While on the Edge I had no problems using my scooter.  I thought that there was no way to go to the different levels of Eden, but I found out later that there is an elevator.  With the limited time on board, we only got to go to a couple of the restaurants.  We had lunch at the Oceanview, which of course was no problem.  We also had lunch at Luminae and had plenty of room to park my scooter next to the table where I was sitting.  For dinner at the Normandie, I was able to pull the scooter in close to the table and everything was fine.  The second night we went to Tuscan and the tables were too close together so the waiter took my scooter back into the closed off area.  It was returned to me promptly when I was ready to leave.  Seating in the cabin might present a problem and you may have to improvise with an extra couch cushion.  Overall, I doubt you’ll have any real problems.

47 minutes ago, Love to cruise30 said:

ii am trying to look for  your pictures of the edge  Where can I find them and thanks for all your hard work. 

Looking forward to seeing  you

Shirley Laderman

I am sorry that I can't post the link; but it is in my signature.  You either need to enable signatures or do a Google search on Mike and Carol's cruise reviews.

9 minutes ago, bluwes said:

Brilliant review as always. We are on the Edge next September in the eastern Med.   I'm currently reading your  previous Connie sailing as we are looking at the Abu Dhabi down to India sailing

Glad you enjoyed the review. Sorry you have to wait so long to cruiseon the Edge.  I hope you can spend some time in Abu Dhabi, just an amazing city.