Card room

mrandmrsdd

Hi, 

does princess gives access to a card room for long cruises with many sea days.  We will be on the sapphire 

if there is a room available, can it be booked in advance. 

If no room is available what are the options on the sapphire for a quiet place to play. 

Thank you 

diane

1 hour ago, mrandmrsdd said:

Hi, 

does princess gives access to a card room for long cruises with many sea days.  We will be on the sapphire 

If no room is available what are the options on the sapphire for a quiet place to play. 

Thank you 

diane

No specific card rooms on any of the ships we've been on.  Often they will open one of the main dining rooms from around 9:30 to 1:30 for cards/games use.

On occasion we've been able to snag a table in Horizon Court (off peak hours) to use.  And we sometimes play cards poolside.  One cruise, they would open Crown Grill for card players during the daytime.

6 hours ago, bemis12 said:

Some of the ships have dedicated card rooms. Certainly the Coral and Emerald do on deck eight. Probably the other ships in their class.

I do not see a card room on deck 8 on the Emerald deck plans.

The Island used to have one, but it is now the shore excursion desk.

The Pacific has one on deck 9.

On the ships that do have one, it is open to everyone and is not reserved by a passenger.

14 hours ago, mrandmrsdd said:

Hi, 

Thank you 

diane

No card room on the Sapphire Princess. The staff normally reserves a DR or specialty restaurant for certain hours for open, non-hosted card and game play. Times and location are shown in the Princess Patter. You can not book a location in advance or at any time.

Other locations people play cards when not otherwise occupied with planned activities: Wheelhouse Bar*, Explorer's Lounge*, some side sections of Club Fusion*, Skywalker's, Crooner's, tables around the main pool, indoor pool and conservatory above it. The buffet area is not a good place to play. Your fellow passengers required these tables to eat.

*these lounges do have planned daytime activities.

Is there any reason that a card playing area has to be quiet?

On the Ruby Princess a couple years ago I was reading in the Adagio Lounge one afternoon.  There is, generally, nothing going on during the daytime at the Adagio Lounge, and, so, it can be a nice place to get away from a lot of activity and just relax.  There were, also, two or three other people reading.

A group of women entered the room.  One of them immediately remarks, "Oh, this is a nice, quiet place."

Well. it was.

First, they had to have a big discourse on where to sit.  One liked these seats.  Another liked those seats.

Finally, the the critical where to sit decision was made, and they started playing.  Unfortunately, now, there is non-stop chattering while they are playing.  

Reading became futile, and I left.

I have seen lots of games--card games and board games--being played in the specialty restaurants before 5:00 pm, or so.  I think the OP should consider one of these venues.  It sounds like she might have a fair sized group and might want to be able to use multiple tables.

Thank you very much to everyone for your suggestions. I probably will need to check it out when I get abord as réservations is not possible. I will check with guess service when I get on. 

We we may not be quiet all the time but hope we will not be disruptives. 

Thanks again

On the Coral recently, the card room was filled most of the time. All the bridge players were in the Bayou Dining Room and took up about 10 tables. Card/Game players also were in the Wheel House Bar, Horizon Court and a few other locations. It won't be hard to find a location to play away the afternoon.

13 hours ago, mrandmrsdd said:

Thank you very much to everyone for your suggestions. I probably will need to check it out when I get abord as réservations is not possible. I will check with guess service when I get on. 

Although I assume that is a typo, many times it is the best description.