LIVE: Infinity Suite Class Dec. 22 5-day Xmas Cruise

GenerationX

Oops! Just realized I forgot to post pictures of Christmas Day breakfast in Luminae and menu.

We had the traditional eggs Benedict with fingerlings and the smoked salmon eggs Benedict with hash browns.  I don’t know where Celebrity sources their smoked salmon from, but it’s been consistently wonderful on every ship we’ve ever gone on.  We try to eat it at every opportunity. They have it in the buffet in the mornings and Rikki is always extatic to bring us some for an afternoon snack.

Oh, please excuse me a moment, the best sight in the world is currently approaching me on the pool deck 😁

142BD076-52D2-43AB-92CA-70F777997AD1.jpeg

AECA9A5A-145B-4EE5-8B2B-F68B1478883D.jpeg

C51F9603-F3C9-4572-B060-E937AD59999C.jpeg

5C757771-C769-414F-941D-59681794CA42.jpeg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ElwoodPDowd said:

Love following along - thanks for the work it takes!

Stupid question - did I miss the wedding story and pictures?

You’re not holding out on us are you?

😉

Nope you didn’t miss it! The wedding pics were on Jeremy’s phone so I had to get them from him. I promise it’s the next post!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, George C said:

My only complaint on luminae is very limited hours for breakfast and lunch .

I agree. We almost missed Luminae lunch on embarkation day because by the time we got aboard and took care of confirming reservations with the MC concierge and took a short walk around the ship we realized it was almost closing time.  And we don’t like having to jump up early and get ready for the day every morning in time to make it to breakfast so we mostly have room service.  We’d definitely eat there more if the hours were longer.

Taking a step back to report on our stop (and wedding) in Cozumel!

The wedding was at the Nachi Cocum beach club about a 15 minute taxi ride from the port. The ceremony was at 10:30 and we booked a photographer for 3 hours and took photos for an hour beforehand while the sun was still out.  The wedding planner for the club took care of all the arrangements for our flowers, officiants, cake, photographer, etc.  We also purchased full day all inclusive passes for the resort which I believe were about $70 per person. They included an open bar and a 3 course lunch.  

The wedding was everything we hoped hoped it would be! Simple, beautiful and fun.  It turned out a really fun family from our roll call was also spending the day at the resort and they came over to be our witnesses/wedding guests! It was a CC wedding!

The food and service at the beach club was great. The chicken tortilla soup, ceviche and chicken tacos were all standouts.  It wasn’t crowded at all, no loud music, no obnoxious loud partiers.  You’re assigned one waiter for the full day and Manuel took very good care of us.

The beach was was well maintained with beautiful views. Our CC friends said while the pool water was cold, the bar-adjacent hot tub was a perfect temp.

By the time we were ready to leave the club in the afternoon, our photographer had already put together a flash drive of all our wedding pictures.  I’ll upload and share some of those once I get them onto my laptop.

When we got back to the ship, our butler had decorated our room and left us (another) bottle of bubbly as well as a card signed by the whole suites staff!

It was the best day ever!

46FB3C6A-1AD4-404F-87DB-09C75323A9BA.jpeg

451BF4F9-804D-4C88-B41A-059DA9BE7C57.jpeg

1C522F14-A4B4-4ECC-BB21-3BB84E29C1FB.jpeg

4024197A-0ACB-474E-B23B-C732C11DAD5B.jpeg

BBF24507-23F5-4639-9442-FAFF030CB7C6.jpeg

BF391BF3-A609-438A-96A4-583476ECD7F9.jpeg

8C6B180C-20B9-4C48-BFB2-2EBA9A1B5954.jpeg

4419B698-CDE3-49CC-8E6E-2686C2BC9B0A.jpeg

5D2E1A5E-EE6B-4275-8613-A7F73409FF1F.jpeg

3C935756-16DD-4BB9-8142-580B6EA2F65A.jpeg

Edited by GenerationX
  • Like 2

Totally amazing..

Best Wishes for a wonderful, happy life together!

The photo of the beautiful, radiant bride would make a wonderful  portrait. Captures your joy!

( submit to cruise critic..)

Thank you for sharing!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

[Sigh] there are a LOT of nasty 4 letter words being thrown around on the ship tonight...like “pack” and “home” and “bill”.  I’m hiding from all the unpleasantness listening to a pianist while drinking a Sangiovese in Cellar Masters before going to La Petit Chef. 

919A1925-EF87-40B9-8A78-A12C19F70E34.jpeg

Edited by GenerationX
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, GenerationX said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you a portrait of a broken man headed to dinner and accepting his fate that he must go back out into the cruel, frozen, land locked, butlerless, canapé free world and earn his living.

81B0842E-5B55-429C-828F-B3B22935DC88.jpeg

Did you guys do the luggage valet?  We’ve done it twice now (complementary for suite guests!) and love it!  Also, on our Thanksgiving cruise we indulged in the laundry and came home with a suitcase full of clean clothes 😂

2 hours ago, Blazn7 said:

Did you guys do the luggage valet?  We’ve done it twice now (complementary for suite guests!) and love it!  Also, on our Thanksgiving cruise we indulged in the laundry and came home with a suitcase full of clean clothes 😂

Unfortunately I think our flight was too early this time for luggage valet. We didn’t get a letter in our stateroom offering it.  We did it on Silhouette in February and loved it too!  I think there was a charge for it on our bill (we were in sky suite then too) but we had OBC left over at the end of that cruise and were able to use it for the fees.

2 hours ago, George C said:

I do not believe luggage direct is free for sky suites, but I agree it is nice . 

I wonder if it’s itinerary specific?  We were not charged in Silhouette not Equinox.  But even for $25 it’s a bargain, IMHO.  Happy sailing!

28 minutes ago, Blazn7 said:

I wonder if it’s itinerary specific?  We were not charged in Silhouette not Equinox.  But even for $25 it’s a bargain, IMHO.  Happy sailing!

I agree , it is free with rccl grand suites and above and upper end suites with celebrity.

Very big congrats on your Union my God Bless you. Thanks so much for posting and sharing your story with the cc family. We set sail on the Infinity NYE and look forward to it praying we don’t get rained out. Safe travels and best wishes :classic_love:

Hello everyone! I sincerely apologize that I’m so late in finishing up my review.  By the time we landed at home in St. Louis, word of our elopement had spread far and wide and we stepped off the plane into a whirlwind of visits/phone calls/emails with family and friends.  I’m just now catching my breath from it all!

Thank you to everyone from the CC community for all your kind words and congratulations as well!

I’ll be doing a few posts shortly on dinner in LPC on our last night, disembarkation and final overall thoughts on Infinity and the cruise.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2018 at 10:54 AM, jorman17 said:

FYI it was my father in law who was taken off in key west.   He is doing fine in Miami now.  Had a heart attack.  Thanks for the kind words.  

I’m so sorry your family had to go through this.  My father had a stroke a couple of days after Christmas a few years ago and it was so tough on us all. I can’t imagine what it’s like going through this kind of medical emergency away from home. I’m glad to hear your father in law is doing better. I hope his recovery is going smoothly.