Havana and non-Havana cabins question

PalmTree601

I'm considering booking a Havana interior on Horizon.  But I have 3 teenagers, and there are no cabins for 5 in the Havana area so I need 2 cabins.  Additionally, I am not comfortable letting my teens stay in a cabin alone (not because I don't trust them, but for general safety reasons).  So, if I book one Havana interior (last Havana cabin available) for two (1adult + 1teen) and one Family Harbor room (1adult + 2teens), can I give the Havana wristbands to the two adults so that they have access to Havana without causing a problem?  I'm not trying to cheat the system, just trying to accommodate and responsibly supervise my family while still being able to access the Havana features I'm paying for.  At no time would my teens use the Havana area.  I'm interested in others practical feedback on how this would work.  Are the wristbands the only check, or will the fact that the S&S card of one adult not being "Havana" cause a problem?  I don't want to cause problems or break rules, just trying to accommodate my family.  I would appreciate any constructive feedback from those who have experienced the Havana area.  Thanks in advance for your information! 

I believe the restrictions on age are children younger than 12.  So teens would be allowed in a Havana cabin.

However, cruisers in Family harbor would not be allowed on the Havana deck facilities.  That might also include access to cabins.  Thus handing a wrist band to the adult in the Family harbor cabin may mean that the teen in the Havana cabin wouldn't be able to access the cabin during the day.  Worth a try though.  You may have to juggle wrist bands.  Not sure where the guard/screening stands.  We're booked into a Havana cabin in January, but on our Vista cruise, we weren't allowed outside the Havana Club area during the day.

Perhaps you just book 2 family harbors or a 5 person cabin and then the two adults use the Serenity Deck.

The wristbands restrict access to the private outdoor area behind the Havana lounge. The public still has access to the Havana lounge and bar from the inside and to the cabins.

Hopefully you can work out a solution that fits what you want to accomplish. I don't mean this to sound snarky, but is there any chance of foregoing the Havana area until another cruise and all of you enjoy the family harbor?

I only say this because both areas have some benefits restricted to the guests of that area, and the logistics of bouncing between the two might put a lot of unnecessary stress on your vacation.

It's been a few years since our teens were in a separate cabin from us parents but, at that time, we were able to ask Carnival for an extra key-card to the "kids" cabin and also for an extra for the "parents" cabin.  So, basically, the adults with adult amenities were in one cabin and the teens in another but we were able, with the extra keys, to sleep dad with son and daughter with mom.  Even though, per the reservation, mom and dad were in a separate cabin from son and daughter.  FWIW that's how we made it work.  We got the extra key-cards at the guest services desk once on board - no problem as of a few years ago.  Anyone with more recent experience?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inthedark31 said:

We were on the Vista in a Havana room. They put a sticker on your s & s card in addition to the wrist band, and they asked to see them both until they get to know you. Just sharing my experience.

Our experience as well on Horizon. We had a Havana cabin while our adult sons, in the next cabin, did not. We had thought about letting them use our wristbands, but they weren't interested in the Havana area.  They wanted the sports deck. ☺️

Easy answer is no, your sons cannot gain access to the Havana area unless they stay in a Havana cabin.  Don't try to share wristbands or sneak them in somehow.  It's truly not fair to those who pay a premium for those cabins, or for the ones in Family Harbor.  Your best solution is to do all in a Family Harbor (I hear the lounge is pretty awesome btw!) and let the adults access the Serenity area.

14 minutes ago, DramaQueen22 said:

Easy answer is no, your sons cannot gain access to the Havana area unless they stay in a Havana cabin.  Don't try to share wristbands or sneak them in somehow.  It's truly not fair to those who pay a premium for those cabins, or for the ones in Family Harbor.  Your best solution is to do all in a Family Harbor (I hear the lounge is pretty awesome btw!) and let the adults access the Serenity area.

Thanks for responding, but please read my post again.  I am NOT trying to achieve what you are implying.  I am just trying to get my wife and I access to Havana, which we would be paying for, without leaving my teens unsupervised in a cabin alone overnight.  I am aware of Serenity, and of Family Harbor, both of which we have used in the past.  Thanks for your input. 

Edited by PalmTree601

1 hour ago, nybumpkin said:

Our experience as well on Horizon. We had a Havana cabin while our adult sons, in the next cabin, did not. We had thought about letting them use our wristbands, but they weren't interested in the Havana area.  They wanted the sports deck. ☺️

Thanks for responding.  We are NOT trying to "share" the Havana.  We could just book the two adults in one Havana cabin, and the teens in another.  But we would prefer to have an adult in each cabin, thus my question if we can allocate the Havana to the two adults, and the teens would NEVER enter the Havana area (at least not before 7pm). 

1 hour ago, PalmTree601 said:

Thanks for responding.  We are NOT trying to "share" the Havana.  We could just book the two adults in one Havana cabin, and the teens in another.  But we would prefer to have an adult in each cabin, thus my question if we can allocate the Havana to the two adults, and the teens would NEVER enter the Havana area (at least not before 7pm). 

Based on other's experience of them marking both the S&S and the wristband that are assigned to a specific person, only the people booked into the Havana cabin will have access.  

We were not trying to "share" our spa amenities either, that's why we reserved adults in the one cabin and teens in the other.  We didn't want that as sleeping arrangements, however; so we asked for the additional key-cards.  The additional key-cards would not have Havana or other stickers, so no amenities would share/transfer - it's just a way for parents to feel safer about their teens overnight on a cruise ship.  I'm not even sure if the extra key-cards had S&S capability - they just opened the family cabins so we could be better connected as a family in our staterooms.

5 hours ago, fuddrules said:

As another poster said, book the 2 adults in the Havana, book the teens elsewhere.   Sleep however you want.   However, you may run into a cabin booking restriction depending on the age of the teens.  Here isn’t carnival policy

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2544/~/minor-guest-policy

you cant book the teens on another deck when the parents in the havana area.    its just not happening

1 hour ago, serene56 said:

you cant book the teens on another deck when the parents in the havana area.    its just not happening

If you call to book, they may be able to override it if you explain that an adult will be sleeping in each room but that you want to book the adults into a Havana room for access to those facilities.

Why not book all of you into the Haven? We are a party of 5 so we booked 2 Haven rooms. There are some Haven rooms that sleep 3 and even 4 but only a few so you have to book ahead of time. We booked DD (17) and Me in a aft balcony that we know has a couch thank you, You Tube. Then booked DH, FIL and DS (15) in the only 3 sleeper we could find a Inside.

We plan to have DH and I with DD will sleep in the Balcony and DS and FIL will sleep in the inside.

My teens are looking forward to enjoying the Havana area I am sure your will too.