Live from the Regal: Christmas Edition!

Nee Nee and Biddy

Thanks for all of the great replies! I should have practiced this at home on a real computer before I left and had to figure out how to do it on a small phone. I can’t seem to reply to anyone, but I do see your posts and I I appreciate them!!! I will figure it out when I get home. 

I purchased the unlimited internet package for $59.99 before the cruise and it is working very well. I did have to go to the Internet Café to get a little help, since my free Elite minutes were showing up but the unlimited plan wasn’t. They fixed everything quickly, but the lines were crazy long tonight. 

We went to the 8:00 show, Sweet Soul Music. I enjoyed it but we were all still a little “happy” from the drinks so that might have helped. I am happy to report that everyone in my group continues to get along and there has been no drama or annoyed people. Of course, the trip is still young, but there does seem to be a lot of good Christmas spirit going around the ship. 

After the show, Gemma and I went up to the buffet for some ice water. It is extremely convenient to just walk up one flight of stairs from our room and be at the buffet. Tonight was the Monogolian BBQ night and it smelled amazing. I am so full of food and alcohol that I couldn’t even try anything. I assume my stomach will stretch out soon and I’ll be able to sample more, purely for research purposes. 😉

Gemma turned in early in her little bunk bed and the boys are watching some kind of violent and loud movie on the TV that I have no interest in.   Everyone is relaxed and feeling good. It’s hard for me to believe that we are actually on the ship, after waiting so long for this trip. Going on a Princess Cruise for us is kind of like going home.  It’s comfortable and familiar. Tomorrow we will be at Princess Cay at 9. Billy and I have big plans to get up early and watch the sun rise. 

Someone asked about the beer menu I think? Here it is: 

C25046CE-C6EA-459C-8743-819E5F6BC09B.jpeg

683A9EFF-9406-4A56-A4BC-F98463BEE1EF.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Nee Nee and Biddy said:

Thanks for all of the great replies! I should have practiced this at home on a real computer before I left and had to figure out how to do it on a small phone. I can’t seem to reply to anyone, but I do see your posts and I I appreciate them!!! I will figure it out when I get home. 

I purchased the unlimited internet package for $59.99 before the cruise and it is working very well. I did have to go to the Internet Café to get a little help, since my free Elite minutes were showing up but the unlimited plan wasn’t. They fixed everything quickly, but the lines were crazy long tonight. 

We went to the 8:00 show, Sweet Soul Music. I enjoyed it but we were all still a little “happy” from the drinks so that might have helped. I am happy to report that everyone in my group continues to get along and there has been no drama or annoyed people. Of course, the trip is still young, but there does seem to be a lot of good Christmas spirit going around the ship. 

After the show, Gemma and I went up to the buffet for some ice water. It is extremely convenient to just walk up one flight of stairs from our room and be at the buffet. Tonight was the Monogolian BBQ night and it smelled amazing. I am so full of food and alcohol that I couldn’t even try anything. I assume my stomach will stretch out soon and I’ll be able to sample more, purely for research purposes. 😉

Gemma turned in early in her little bunk bed and the boys are watching some kind of violent and loud movie on the TV that I have no interest in.   Everyone is relaxed and feeling good. It’s hard for me to believe that we are actually on the ship, after waiting so long for this trip. Going on a Princess Cruise for us is kind of like going home.  It’s comfortable and familiar. Tomorrow we will be at Princess Cay at 9. Billy and I have big plans to get up early and watch the sun rise. 

Someone asked about the beer menu I think? Here it is: 

C25046CE-C6EA-459C-8743-819E5F6BC09B.jpeg

Thank you so much! Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

It’s Christmas Eve! We woke up early to try to catch the sunrise. Billy and I left the kids to sleep and left the cabin around 5. The buffet was a ghost town. I got a cup of Darjeeling (the champagne of teas!) and Billy got some coffee. We went out to the deck to watch to the sun and saw the moon...we were a little early. While we were waiting, Will showed up to surprise us. I was shocked he got out of bed to see the sunrise with us! It was pretty cloudy so there wasn’t really much to see. It was more of a lightening of the sky. Oh well, there’s always tomorrow! We are meeting everyone at the Concerto dining room for breakfast and then on to Princess Cay. 

63382465-5B1B-4596-8E26-A13C5E18DBDD.jpeg

49C6788E-F27C-4047-B1DD-3EB81EA0AFCD.jpeg

E3553B13-2878-4901-BDBF-70C0CB760DEC.jpeg

FD0F23A9-5129-43F4-BAC9-F5CB7F2BC647.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nee Nee and Biddy said:

I did the same thing as you and pre paid for unlimited internet.  Since I am platinum, I could not find my plan listed, just the free 150 minutes.  I decided to do an experiment and see what happens after my minutes expired.  I found out it automatically logs you off then asks if you would like to log back in and at that time the pre paid unlimited internet plan comes up.  So if anyone else runs into this, just use your free minutes then log back in and select your pre paid plan.

Now on to enjoy our day at Princess Cays!

Bill 

• Like 1

Medallion net really works well on Princess Cay!! We went right instead of left when we reached the island and it was basically deserted. We got 13 chairs in the shade and right next to the bar! Score!! My grandma is working on her cross stitch and the kids are in the ocean. It’s cloudy and breezy, but not too cool. I am going to sit in the shade and drink. We are close to the food trucks and can smell the burgers cooking. What a way to spend Christmas Eve! 

D53684C0-62BB-4240-9405-79E952CE70AE.jpeg

CA3B4FFA-A3AB-4A84-B4E6-DEE3C3DA20E8.jpeg

11B49926-2C6C-42D8-807D-8B1AB6DBFFE3.jpeg

CF2EA137-2C41-48E4-A2DC-79B7EA0C7C6F.jpeg

9F5FC53B-502F-43D5-BB0B-3E7AC499CD22.jpeg

• Like 2

More Princess Cay pics. I am really impressed with the food carts. The jerk chicken was so good even though the picture doesn’t look that appetizing. I also had a pork soft taco with guacamole and grilled vegetables. So far we have been only been eating, drinking, and relaxing. The kids are more active but they are old enough now that they entertain themselves. I am now a firm believer in going right on the island instead of left! The crowds are minimal and there is no wait for the food. 

EFE9FD76-F5A1-44E6-8CB6-47D4AC0CFA66.jpeg

A60B13BC-E266-4AC3-962C-7A15657469A2.jpeg

FD20D95D-3537-4F14-9C05-2D913C94021E.jpeg

DE6D7754-4224-435C-9A75-497C29DB2F59.jpeg

1F6A7E91-4F74-45B3-BB2C-3586A1643C8B.jpeg

• Like 2

We had nice pre dinner drinks at Crooner’s and of course I had to get some blue cheese stuffed olives! They were delicious and our server Josy was great.

I will post the dinner menu pics now. We did not have a great experience with dinner tonight, which I hate to report. The pacing was off, some people didn’t get any food until the third course showed up, the special penne was cold, etc etc. The head waiter was trying so hard, clearing plates and chatting with everyone but something was just off tonight.  The kids were exhausted from the beach day and grumpy. I will reserve judgement until the service is bad again because who knows what was going on behind the scenes. 

E156FC7D-7573-4C3E-BCB2-E58AD520E9A0.jpeg

318E3878-6621-47D1-972C-3BA67A36BB2B.jpeg

D86D6E0F-04BE-459C-8697-BF8D28ABD260.jpeg

9DA0DB23-03DD-4AA7-8353-28EB377DA012.jpeg

• Like 1

Josy is, by far, the best waiter we’ve had in Crooners. He was up by the Retreat Pool a few week ago. Glad they moved him back inside. 

Have a a great vacation!

Andrew 🙂

11 hours ago, tillys mom said:

We will be on the Regal on Jan 13. Would you mind telling me what movies they are showing. Thanks for the menu and all the other great pictures. I wish you all Merry Christmas!

Today the movie at MUTS is Mission Impossible-Fallout. They are also showing a lot of Christmas movies in the Vista Lounge. I’ll let you know what else is showing when I find out! 

Merry Christmas everyone! We moved forward an hour so I had to catch the sunrise from my balcony. I really am exhausted. We all had breakfast in the MDR this morning, wearing our matching Christmas pajamas. Before you think, “What a perfect, happy family”, please understand that there were many fights and bad attitudes about the pajamas and everyone was pissed off and yelling on the way to breakfast. One direct quote from one of my beloved family members: “Kiss my butt! Merry Christmas jerks!”   I have dried my tears and am now focusing on being super kind to all of the staff members that may be sad today to be away from their families. I’ll start being nice to my own family soon too! 😂 

D24F80CA-8A33-4653-97D7-739BE6B4B8EE.jpeg

2E85EFC0-BDEA-46FD-BC08-269D41BAA88D.jpeg

84DE8567-9F83-461A-89C6-0C48C1A1EBBF.jpeg

FE7EEC51-11E6-45DF-B2A4-6383532D510B.jpeg

96995389-A005-4A32-8DE8-680E1966558B.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the movie info. I am enjoying your continuing report and really looking forward to our cruise. We had our family over the weekend, so now I am sitting here in my robe looking forward to leftovers for lunch. I will add that we took our family of 10 on an Alaskan cruise in June, and with friends that tagged along, we had a group of 20.😳 It was like herding cats.