Booking changes?

young_ens

Starting to think of another vacation and I don't recall the process being this "money extracting".   They seem to advertise a price but that is only for a room RCI picks for you.  If you want a specific room, it's much more....  Not overly impressed with this.  

Also, anyone know if kids sail free promo is coming up sometime?  

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, young_ens said:

Starting to think of another vacation and I don't recall the process being this "money extracting".   They seem to advertise a price but that is only for a room RCI picks for you.  If you want a specific room, it's much more....  Not overly impressed with this.  

Thanks!

A KSF promotion could pop up at any time............or never.  Unpredictable.

A guarantee category is supposed to be cheaper - you have to be willing to take whatever cabin they assign to you. 

I have rarely seen a price difference that is "much more".  Just "more".

And guarantee categories are not always offered.  That's an on & off thing, too.

25 minutes ago, young_ens said:

Thanks!

The next fake sale will be from 12/27/18 - 1/31/19

60% off second guest

Kids sail for less (30% off third and fourth guest)

Instant savings (Up to $150.00 instant savings)

Edited by Retired LEO

24 minutes ago, young_ens said:

Thanks!

Crystal ball says:

Maybe! 😊

12 hours ago, Retired LEO said:

The next fake sale will be from 12/27/18 - 1/31/19

60% off second guest

Kids sail for less (30% off third and fourth guest)

Instant savings (Up to $150.00 instant savings)

Haha! I knew I had seen it and went searching through my deleted emails. If I had just scrolled down to see your post it would have saved me some time. lol

17 hours ago, Retired LEO said:

"The next fake sale"

And how!  Thought of this after I'd hit post.

Thanks for the info.  I need to figure out why I'm not getting their emails anymore.  All things point to me being on their mailing list when I log in.  

17 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

A KSF promotion could pop up at any time............or never.  Unpredictable.

A guarantee category is supposed to be cheaper - you have to be willing to take whatever cabin they assign to you. 

I have rarely seen a price difference that is "much more".  Just "more".

And guarantee categories are not always offered.  That's an on & off thing, too.

I see....  Any idea on when someone hears on what room they have assigned?   I like knowing which room I have, not sure how I feel about that.  

The quick search I did, the price was 75% more for me to pick my room.  To me, that's much more!

15 minutes ago, young_ens said:

I see....  Any idea on when someone hears on what room they have assigned?   ...

Could be any time from when the category is booked until the day of sailing.

5 hours ago, young_ens said:

I see....  Any idea on when someone hears on what room they have assigned?   I like knowing which room I have, not sure how I feel about that.  

The quick search I did, the price was 75% more for me to pick my room.  To me, that's much more!

That is substantial.  When is the cruise?

5 hours ago, young_ens said:

17 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

That is substantial.  When is the cruise?

Yes, inquiring minds want to know which ship and sailing date, and how many passengers you wish to put in the cabin.

6 hours ago, young_ens said:

You must be looking at a cruise sailing very soon and they only have a few rooms left.

If so, that is not unusual...

On 12/24/2018 at 11:10 PM, GTO-Girl said:

You must be looking at a cruise sailing very soon and they only have a few rooms left.

If so, that is not unusual...

Honesty don't remember, looked at a few but must have been a last minute-type cruise, I think I was looking at the harmony for that one.   In the past, I've gotten the best deals going last-ish minute for us and 2 kids.

Guess it's going to be more work this time

4 hours ago, young_ens said:

Honesty don't remember, looked at a few but must have been a last minute-type cruise, I think I was looking at the harmony for that one.   In the past, I've gotten the best deals going last-ish minute for us and 2 kids.

I too remember the days when last minute deals were the norm.  Now...not so much.  Usually you have to hit that time when, hopefully right before the final payment date, they have had some cancellations.

But most of the time it seems to be just pure luck to find a really good deal.  But I keep trying...😁😁

4 hours ago, young_ens said:

It is not common to find a guarantee category for four passengers in one cabin.  I wish that you could remember what you were viewing.