Tendering question

cole'snana

12 minutes ago, cole'snana said:

Have never sailed Princess. We tender in Grand Cayman. How do they handle tendering? Give out tickets or just line up for tenders?

Meet in one of the DR's and when ALL of your party is there they give out tickets. 

This happens until the initial rush dies down then after that they will announce for you to head straight down to deck 4 and the tender platform.

One more point about tendering. If you are a ship's excursion, you simply go to the excursion meeting point at the published time (both are printed on your tour ticket). Ship's excursions have pretty much the highest priority for tendering so when your tour group departs the meeting point, you will go straight to the tenders. No need to get tender tickets.

all of the above.  on the ruby, the line started outside the dining room on deck 6, they handed out slips of paper with a number on them.  they called a range of numbers.  i think we waited 20 minutes for our number to be called.  on the ruby, they were handing out cookies and sandwiches while you waited.  but no drinks, they wanted you to buy their bottled water

On my recent tender port of Cabo, the Elites met at the Wheelhouse Bar and the attendant handed us our tickets.  A short time later, the attendant sent us all down to the tender as a group.

The Patter will explain exactly where you are to meet.

I often do not go ashore until the tender ticketing is over -- once the initial rush has been dealt with, it is just "show up at the tender area" to go ashore.

1 hour ago, phabric said:

Do Elite go to the theater or do they do go to the tender deck?

It depends. We've done it both ways--joining the end of the tender line and going to a designated meeting place. Just check out the Patter for instructions. If there aren't instructions for Elite, ask on board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luvSClake said:

Another tender ?  Do they run throughout the day while in port  or just specific blocks of  time to go ashore and return?  

They run throughout the day.

Have never been on a Princess cruises where there were only specific tender times throughout the day.

4 hours ago, luvSClake said:

Another tender ?  Do they run throughout the day while in port  or just specific blocks of  time to go ashore and return?  

I have noticed that they run a greater number of tenders early and late on to cope with demand, possibly as many as six or so.  In the less busy mid time of day fewer tenders are used but they monitor demand by radio at each end.  At worst they seem to aim for one each end i.e. quayside and ship's tender dock so you do not have to hang about much in the slack period.

Regards John