Thank you TellUs!!

vnb2003

I had an unexpected issue 2 weeks before the cruise. I wrote TellUs and as always got a call the same day. Had a good discussion with Lynn who thought of different scenarios why it didn’t work and  what might work. She had to research this issue farther.. I got a call from Lynn in a couple of days and the issue wasn’t an issue but miscommunication between departments. In other words the issue was gone and I’m very happy. Thank you Lynn and TellUs!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vino100 said:

Can someone please explain tell us ? Thanks. 

TellUs@vikingcruises.com is the Social Media Team that answers the questions you didn’t find answer and helps with issues you encounter with Viking. It’s a fantastic very attentive group of people.

hope this helps. :)

They also are happy to hear our feedback, good and bad, which is why they use the email handle TellUs.

Sadly, Viking has chosen to name one of their upcoming ships VikingTellus, which means the department is undergoing a name changes and we are going to have to come up with a new nickname for them.  But then again, maybe we should congratulate them for having a ship named after them--or is this line of conversation only going to get them in trouble with HQ? Oh, well, there, I've said. It is now in the public domain. 

I think that the sip name is a place holder waiting for some one to tell Viking what to call the Ship

'....... Viking ??????? tell us. We were on the Orion in China last month and some of the ports had signs up welcoming the Viking Spirit.

Tell Us is far more than a social media group, they are a higher level customer service team with the ability to do something. They do a great job but because of some of Vikings draconian practices and the inability if the first line of reps to resolve problems, they are needed more often than necessary.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

At first I thought I was a placeholder but apparently it is a legit choice that fits in with its current naming plan. I think Tellus was a sun god but memory and Google are not cooperating as I type.  

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Tellus

Tellus, also called Terra Mater, ancient Roman earth goddess. Probably of great antiquity, she was concerned with the productivity of the earth and was later identified with the mother-goddess Cybele. Her temple on the Esquiline Hill dated from about 268 BC. Though she had no special priest, she was honoured in the Fordicidia and Sementivae festivals, both of which centred on fertility and good crops. See also Great Mother of the Gods.

Venus fits with Orion, Jupiter, Sun etc. Tellus is close to the European VR names but they are all Norwegian Gods. 

There has been speculation that Viking was working on a new Ocean design, possibly LNG powered, so Tellus might be the first of the new class.  

Let the rumors start....

Edited by azdrydock