Cruise Excursions Changed on Carnival.com

MississippiMom

Let me quickly state that on past cruises we have scheduled many of our excursions on our own, and not through the cruiselines.  However, for our multi-generational cruise in March, my mother is insistent that she wants a cruise line sponsored tour to one of the ruins (port stops - Progreso & Cozumel).  We had narrowed down that we were touring the closer ruins in Progreso, and selected the Carnival excursion that made my 80 year old mother happy - Mayan Ruins with Mexican Fiesta & Traditional Lunch. A couple of weeks ago,  I added that excursion to the cart for only two of our eleven family members.  Last night, I went to add it to everyone else, and it is no longer an option.  It is still in the cart, though, for two of us.  What the heck!?!

Yes, I am assuming that I will need to call Carnival directly.  But, if that particular excursion is really gone from the Carnival options, do you have a tour operator or a driver that you might recommend in Progreso? (We have never been to this port, so it is all new to me.)

Thank you!

In a way, we are having a similar experience only in Grand Cayman. In Carnival's excursion menu there was the stingray city excursion that we wanted Since we are 80 and 82 this is the one we wanted, (even though it was more expensive). I went to our booking to book it and it was not listed. I phoned Marineland Tours who Carnival has their contract with for this excursion and they said it would be available the day we need it.

I then phoned Carnival about this and they said contact their shore excursions dept. (by E-mail). So far, I've heard nothing. I'm not sure what to do next!!

1 hour ago, MississippiMom said:

Let me quickly state that on past cruises we have scheduled many of our excursions on our own, and not through the cruiselines.  However, for our multi-generational cruise in March, my mother is insistent that she wants a cruise line sponsored tour to one of the ruins (port stops - Progreso & Cozumel).  We had narrowed down that we were touring the closer ruins in Progreso, and selected the Carnival excursion that made my 80 year old mother happy - Mayan Ruins with Mexican Fiesta & Traditional Lunch. A couple of weeks ago,  I added that excursion to the cart for only two of our eleven family members.  Last night, I went to add it to everyone else, and it is no longer an option.  It is still in the cart, though, for two of us.  What the heck!?!

Yes, I am assuming that I will need to call Carnival directly.  But, if that particular excursion is really gone from the Carnival options, do you have a tour operator or a driver that you might recommend in Progreso? (We have never been to this port, so it is all new to me.)

Thank you!

My initial guess is that there are only two slots open.  Should someone else add them to their cart and book them, then your cart might "bounce" and get emptied.  Or maybe it is already sold out, and only when you go to check out will it tell you it is no longer available.

But...I looked on Carnival's site for that excursion at Progreso and couldn't find it, at least by any name like you described: "Mayan Ruins with Mexican Fiesta & Traditional Lunch".  So maybe it has been removed totally?

I understand that she is interested in ship sponsored excursions. HOWEVER, please check out yucatancenote.com. Just look them up on TripAdvisor. Best excursion we have ever taken. These guys are true professionals who want to share their culture.

We spent a day with Rene last February & will be spending another this February. 

I have never encountered such genuine passion from a company to make sure you enjoy your day with them. 

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

My initial guess is that there are only two slots open.  Should someone else add them to their cart and book them, then your cart might "bounce" and get emptied.  Or maybe it is already sold out, and only when you go to check out will it tell you it is no longer available.

Carnival doesn’t remove excursions from the list in your Cruise Manager when they have limited availability or are sold out. You can see how many spots are available for any given excursion by clicking on the “available times” link. And sold out excursions still show, but with a “sold out” label. 

My guess is is that the excursion is no longer available at all, and even though it’s in the OP’s cart, if they tried to purchase it, they wouldn’t be able to.  I left an excursion in my cart during the recent sale, and it stayed there with the discount  reflected even after the sale. But it would let me checkout. Obviously because the code from the sale was no longer valid.