Live update on vision of seas

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

Do you have any idea if an Amazon Firestick can be hooked up to the in cabin TV's...or have you heard discussion about this subject onboard?

Thanks so much for any info on this you can find.

Sorry I don't know for sure. The TVs are flat screen but not the most modern.

20 minutes ago, robandana said:

Sorry I don't know for sure. The TVs are flat screen but not the most modern.

Thanks....I and a few other's keep asking about this...just hoping someone will end up knowing.

On the way to the airport, and my final assessment overall is that it was a good cruise and I'd do it again. We got a great deal on our cruise fare so the disappointing food was outweighed by the lively activities, the good music, and the pleasant atmosphere.

I'll adjust my dining expectations going forward. 

9 hours ago, schlimazel_traveler said:

On the way to the airport, and my final assessment overall is that it was a good cruise and I'd do it again. We got a great deal on our cruise fare so the disappointing food was outweighed by the lively activities, the good music, and the pleasant atmosphere.

I'll adjust my dining expectations going forward. 

We were on the same cruise- the MDR food and service (and overall cruise) experience was quite nice.   Considering the low price we paid for an outside cabin it was amazing.  Review to follow.  

Agree with recent poster that sometimes we just need information ahead so we adjust our expectations accordingly.  This cruise was reasonably priced but have had other reasonably priced cruises as well on ships with less age, recent refurshments and more amenities.  For us it was a way to get to see key west, sail out of a port that we could drive to and try out a new cruise line.   The great thing about cruise critic is that you can read numerous comments and formulate your own opinion and base your plans accordingly.  We are home, clothes washed, ready to enjoy my own comfy bed and glad for the memories.  Since this was my first live posting while on a ship I appreciate your kindness with any of my missteps along the way.  

• Like 1

creel5857...Thank you so very much for your honest review and answers regarding Vision. We'll be on the Feb. 23rd sailing so I really appreciated reading this post in its entirety. We will be in jr suite 8546 and am concerned about the noise but will pack ear plugs :)

Can you please tell me how the closets are in the jr suites?

Where is the hair dryer? In the drawer?

Were you given robes?

Any other perks that usually are associated with jr suites?

Thank you again for all the time you put into this post!!  

Edited by sunlover2

To sunlover2......

not sure if JS 8546 will be effected or not, dont have layout of ship at close hand but yes earplugs are easy to pack so that will be ounce of prevention....primary problem for us was pool and buffet area above.  Some have commented on noise in atrium during times of music and entertainment but we did not experience much of that 

storage space in junior suites was great in closets......bathroom space is sufficient but I would have taken a little cheap small plastic basket (1.00 at dollar tree) for small items that roll around as most of bathroom is narrow flat space

yes hair dryer was located in a drawer near vanity area

there were robes in closet

there was only one outlet in our bedroom area which meant a lot of moving devises around if you have cpap or things that need to be charged.......if you by chance have cpaps let me know and i will give you some more update on our situation with that

our balcony we good size with t table and 2 chairs

TV channel selection was not great but then I realize a lot of people dont watch TV.......as senior citizens we do like to take some breaks and have some down time and at night sometimes after dinner we prefer to go to cabin rather than do shows and nightlight.......we were spoiled on other ships with a selection of channels and interactive TV that had movies etc.   this ship does not

let me know if you have any other questions

41 minutes ago, creel5857 said:

To sunlover2......

not sure if JS 8546 will be effected or not, dont have layout of ship at close hand but yes earplugs are easy to pack so that will be ounce of prevention....primary problem for us was pool and buffet area above.  Some have commented on noise in atrium during times of music and entertainment but we did not experience much of that 

storage space in junior suites was great in closets......bathroom space is sufficient but I would have taken a little cheap small plastic basket (1.00 at dollar tree) for small items that roll around as most of bathroom is narrow flat space

yes hair dryer was located in a drawer near vanity area

there were robes in closet

there was only one outlet in our bedroom area which meant a lot of moving devises around if you have cpap or things that need to be charged.......if you by chance have cpaps let me know and i will give you some more update on our situation with that

our balcony we good size with t table and 2 chairs

TV channel selection was not great but then I realize a lot of people dont watch TV.......as senior citizens we do like to take some breaks and have some down time and at night sometimes after dinner we prefer to go to cabin rather than do shows and nightlight.......we were spoiled on other ships with a selection of channels and interactive TV that had movies etc.   this ship does not

let me know if you have any other questions

Is there a dvd player?

On our trip there was 2......first one was our 2nd night at sea and the 2nd one was key west night if I recall??  It wasn’t our last night so it must have been Thursday night leaving key west.    But yes we had 2 nights that were formal nights

We spent 12 days on Vision last August cruising from Barcelona. It was our 1st small ship experience, and we tried to adjust our expectations accordingly. The cruise was chosen primarily for the itinerary-Venice overnight, Croatia, Montenegro, Rome, Florence, Amalfi Coast, fabulous ports!

We loved it so much that we have booked again on the same itinerary for this year too. The ship does have drawbacks but for us we liked the lack of queues and big crowds. The price too was lower including flights than what we would pay from Southampton for an Independence cruise. We also found a great mix of nationalities on board that you don't get with a UK departure.

We were so tired from the long days in port that we didn't need the late night entertainment, and we were happy to have our meal, a drink, see a show and sleep like babies soon after!!

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a B2B on Vision. Not to worry! It is a beautiful ship. I don't really have a

bad thing to say about it. It's not old looking like you may have read. The food and service was the best!!!

So if your worried you won't enjoy your cruise, rest assured it is a wonderful ship.

1 hour ago, robandana said:

The Vision is a great ship, I wonder if Royal has any plans to built a few smaller ships as the last few Vision class ship are getting quite old. 

Very unlikely...eventually these small older classic ships will be gone.

We will be on Vision of the Seas on Saturday, February 2.  Did RC inform you ahead of time about the change of Coco Cay to Miami Beach before your cruise or once you got on?  Not looking forward to Miami if that happens.  Coco Cay is stil printed on our itiniery.

Thanks!!!!!

52 minutes ago, MelBCroozer said:

We will be on Vision of the Seas on Saturday, February 2.  Did RC inform you ahead of time about the change of Coco Cay to Miami Beach before your cruise or once you got on?  Not looking forward to Miami if that happens.  Coco Cay is stil printed on our itiniery.

Thanks!!!!!

I am aboard now and have not received any info about missing Coco maybe.....yet. We are scheduled to go during this cruise in 2 days.....fingers crossed.

Thanks so much for all the information!! I am leaving on the 3/2/2019 sailing and in the Grand Suite, 8020.  Hopefully the noise isn't too loud since our room is right next to Creel's.  I really hope our sailing still goes to Cococay.  Does anyone know if any messaging services on the phones work on the ship without paying for the internet/voom plan? I know I have been on previous crusies where Imessages, WhatsApp, Groupme, Facebook Messenger, etc. works.  I guess the ships didn't have the ports blocked so some of those messaging services worked for free.  Anyone tried these on the Vision?