NFL playoff games

cgn411963

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

master motivator

I'm betting it was NOT the real Lombardi trophy. You think the Eagles gave it to the Saints for the coach to incentivize a win against their own team??  I guess they want a fake trophy.

8 minutes ago, bahacca said:

I'm betting it was NOT the real Lombardi trophy. You think the Eagles gave it to the Saints for the coach to incentivize a win against their own team??  I guess they want a fake trophy.

It's a real one. This one:

saintstrophyjpg-46c8e0c1de15440b.jpg

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Whatever. Eagles are double digit dogs. 

Surpirised the line isn’t even higher considering the Eagles are missing their starting QB, top two RBs, starting WR, starting DE, starting S, and their top 3 CBs. I would like the Eagles chances if the Saints were only missing Brees and Kamara. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

11 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Surpirised the line isn’t even higher considering the Eagles are missing their starting QB, top two RBs, starting WR, starting DE, starting S, and their top 3 CBs. I would like the Eagles chances if the Saints were only missing Brees and Kamara. 

Wentz was garbage last game. Your odds are better with Foles. Sidney Jones and Mike Wallace are back. And you've added Golden Tate. Don't know who the second RB is you're talking about but if it's Sproles, he's back as well. You should've seen our injured list last year. Most of our defense was out along with a couple offensive linemen. Speaking of OL. 5 of our top 6 OL have been hurt and were limited in practice today. 

Ingram ran for over 100 yards and 2 TDs against y'all last time. I wouldn't totally discount him in the running game.

• Like 1

At RB I was referring to Ajayi and Clement.  The Eagles have a lot of depth, which you  alluded to, which has helped them tremendously the last two years.  I just hope the game is closer this time. That was the worst Eagles loss since the end of Chip Kelly’s last season as their head coach. 

13 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

At RB I was referring to Ajayi and Clement.  The Eagles have a lot of depth, which you  alluded to, which has helped them tremendously the last two years.  I just hope the game is closer this time. That was the worst Eagles loss since the end of Chip Kelly’s last season as their head coach. 

Josh Adams was getting more carries the Clement when Clement was healthy so I don't know if I'd call Clement your #2. Adams and Smallwood are outperforming Ajayi and Clement. I'm not buying the injury sob story. You have the Super bowl MVP at QB, Adams, Smallwood, and Sproles at RB. Jeffery, Tate, Agholor, Wallace, Matthews at WR. Ertz and Godert at TE. Foles has more to work with than Brees does. I like our running backs better. But after Thomas we don't have much at receiver. Ginn should be back, thankfully. We really have nobody at TE...38 year old Ben Watson.

Edited by Saint Greg

27 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

Any chance the Colts game will be on the Horizon?

Yes to Maplemoose

Greg, as a Broncos fan, I would take Foles in a heartbeat over Wentz. Philly will have to make a choice next year

8 minutes ago, coevan said:

Yes to Maplemoose

Greg, as a Broncos fan, I would take Foles in a heartbeat over Wentz. Philly will have to make a choice next year

I think their choice is made. They have too much invested in Wentz and he’s 6 years younger. Foles is a free agent at the end of the season but I heard they may exercise a 20mil option or franchise tag him and try to trade him vs. just letting him walk...but that’s a lot of salary cap money to tie up in a player you’re trying to trade.

Your new head coach was our linebackers coach when we had the dome patrol in the late 80’s-early 90’s.

Edited by Saint Greg

1 hour ago, coevan said:

How did Case keenum work out for us? Kind of the same situation. He almost took Minnesota to the promised land, and was mediocre at best for us, albeit we did lose some valuable receivers

I'd rather give money to Foles than Keenum though. Keenum was undrafted..never did anything special in the NFL. Then had one good year and cashed in. Foles was a 2nd round draft pick and has done it before. He had a great year in 2013, a great playoff run last year, and he's been great again this year. If I were picking one of the big free agent quarterbacks this year (Flacco, Foles, Bridgewater), I'd go with Foles.

Keenum looks like a mistake. But he's only in a 3-year contract so I think he'll end up being a bridge quarterback for a guy you draft this year or next. I was hoping swag kelly was going to work out there but he just can't stay out of trouble off the field.

There are a couple of college kids out there that look attractive. Elway does have a knack to pick out good young draft picks. Us Coloradans think he spends too much time on his car dealerships and mortgage companies.  

1 minute ago, coevan said:

There are a couple of college kids out there that look attractive. Elway does have a knack to pick out good young draft picks. Us Coloradans think he spends too much time on his car dealerships and mortgage companies.  

Paxton Lynch 🙈