Anytime dinner

txd

Sometimes they'll let you make reservations for the whole cruise for the same table, sometimes not.

With the times limited to before 6 PM and after 7:45 PM. No reservations are given for peak hours.

They want people to call in on a daily basis for reservations each day and again the times are limited as mentioned.  

Anytime dining really is meant for people to eat when they show up at the door & get seated or get a beeper if it's crowded & wait a short while while a table gets cleared.

• Like 1

Just now, jemalone said:

I just got back from a Princess cruise and if you do anytime dining and do not come before 5:45 you will have a wait for a table.

Whereas we never waited more than 5 minutes once on our 33 night cruise no matter what time we rocked up, anywhere from 6:00 to about 8:30.

25 minutes ago, jemalone said:

I just got back from a Princess cruise and if you do anytime dining and do not come before 5:45 you will have a wait for a table.

That varies from cruise to cruise depending on what the other passengers want to do. If the majority want to go to anytime dinner between (say) 6pm and 7pm, then you will have to wait if you arrive when there are no available tables. We have never had to wait, but we usually go around 6pm.

19 hours ago, txd said:

Is it possible to make a reservation for the anytime dinner before the cruise starts? Celebrity Cruises has this option, I am not sure about Princess Cruises. Thanks in advance. TD

No you cannot. I hope they don’t in the future either.

• Like 1

We just returned on the Caribbean Princess 10 day Panama Canal cruise. We called the dine line each morning and made a 7:30 pm reservation for 2 in the Coral dinning room. Never a wait. We were seated most nights  close to the Club Class area, tables were never full. Food in the MDR was good during our trip.