“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

bob brown...

thank you for the wonderful closet pictures.  It has changed from previous years--more drawer/shelf storage than before.  Long closet appears to be 1/2 the size it was which is fine with us.  We'll just bring pinchy hangers and hang more than 1 pair of pants on the same hanger--works great!!!   Thanks again!

Redshine--there are a whole bunch of us that would be delighted to hear about magnetic strips in the room. 

On another social media site where ATW16 cruisers + other years congregate we have been bemoaning what we are hearing about the inability to use our magnets to keep us organized--for ATWs magnets are crucial for many of us.

a simple and perfect retrofit for us all....maybe somebody who can make this happen reads this!

1 hour ago, tvlbum said:

Can some post some pictues of 6014?  Will be our first time on the Insignia, only the second on Oceania.  Thanks.

it will look just like 7114  in the above photo  just a different deck 😉

really......magnets CAN be used on the walls for paper items?  That is all I want to hang--used them constantly on ATW16 for all the paper stuff we got; tickets, Currents, printouts, reservations....we lived and died by those magnets!!! 

1 hour ago, ilsun said:

IMG_20190113_150816.thumb.jpg.ab03f7a81320e12cf0e72bb781cb917b.jpgMagnets can be used on walls but only to hold paper printouts etc' no more. Door is steel so will hold a lot

In my cabin, magnets won’t hold any walls. Only the cabin door, and the thin wall area around the door. Will also hold to bathroom door, and to the square of steel around the adjustable reading spotlights.

10 minutes ago, Shiphappy1951 said:

For those coming aboard in Miami or later, the bedside and bathroom receptacles require an adapter to use North American plugs. 

In my cabin, the bathroom receptacle works fine without an adapter.

There are USB receptacles on either side of the bed, as well as the two USB receptacles by the desk.

bob brown....genius use of the magnet in photos....so now i'm back to sad.  Our walls ATW16 were magnetic and many of us loved that....and lived by that!!!   Thanks for the great pix!!!

AND you got a magnet with 2019 on it....we didn't!!!  Got a white jacket though which tour guides loved because they could keep track of us easily!!!  (we got other stuff as well--don't mean to put down O ATW freebies!)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cbb said:

bob brown....genius use of the magnet in photos....so now i'm back to sad.  Our walls ATW16 were magnetic and many of us loved that....and lived by that!!!   Thanks for the great pix!!!

AND you got a magnet with 2019 on it....we didn't!!!  Got a white jacket though which tour guides loved because they could keep track of us easily!!!  (we got other stuff as well--don't mean to put down O ATW freebies!)

They’re giving us jackets too, at some party.

They asked for our size several months ago...

yeah, you'll get a bunch of stuff.  We took our white jackets with us on later cruises and some people onboard O ships respond with "did you really"...... and Yeah....We Did!!!  ATW20...here we come. 

Following along with your thread as well as another with the worldies on another social media page I'm not allowed to mention here!

50 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Here's how I got to spend my Saturday afternoon!  :classic_sad:

I bet your day was a bit better....:classic_biggrin:

LOL.  (I deleted the photos ... but quite a contrast to the beginning of ATW19!)

20 minutes ago, Mura said:

LOL.  (I deleted the photos ... but quite a contrast to the beginning of ATW19!)

This storm will be on the East coast tomorrow....you might need the shovel too.  Luckily the ATWers who got on yesterday missed it.

I'm going to miss it too ... I'll just stay indoors!

Now that I no longer have a car (thanks to the rodents who ate the engine's wiring a couple of years ago) I also don't have to worry about digging out the car ...

AccuWeather isn't predicting anything bad here in the next 2-3 days.  Weather Channel might have except they stopped sending me emails and I haven't been able to find out how to reactivate them. 

Mura

Just now, Mura said:

Now that I no longer have a car (thanks to the rodents who ate the engine's wiring a couple of years ago) I also don't have to worry about digging out the car ...

I live out in the middle of nowhere on a farm, so a car is totally necessary.  But, luckily, I have a garage to keep it in so no scraping off snow.  Had to shovel the sidewalk, though, or my feet would be all wet when I go to church tomorrow.  :classic_rolleyes:

A big difference from living in a community where garage parking is increasingly unavailable -- and ranges around $500/month if you can get it. So we always parked on the street!  My parents and sister in L.A. have always had a garage, but here in NYC ... that's hard to come by!

I saw a photo from an email friend near Toronto today -- she has a garage but shoveling the sidewalk is a necessity.

Her cats like the snow, though ...

Mura