Sunday - Sunday Itineraries

Is it me or have more and more itineraries moved to Sunday embarkations?  

As someone who always has important work to do on Sundays, these itineraries are impossible for me unless miss two Sundays in a row, which would likely get me fired.  lol That leaves me with Saturday embarkation itineraries, and they are getting to be fewer and fewer, and with unappealing itineraries.  I no longer have ANY options for sailing out of San Juan.  :(

I suspect it's because it's better for the cruise company on a Sunday because passengers are more likely to come on Saturday since they don't work, and therefore are less likely to miss the ship?  

17 minutes ago, RIcruiseGuy said:

Is it me or have more and more itineraries moved to Sunday embarkations?  

As someone who always has important work to do on Sundays, these itineraries are impossible for me unless miss two Sundays in a row, which would likely get me fired.  lol That leaves me with Saturday embarkation itineraries, and they are getting to be fewer and fewer, and with unappealing itineraries.  I no longer have ANY options for sailing out of San Juan.  😞

I suspect it's because it's better for the cruise company on a Sunday because passengers are more likely to come on Saturday since they don't work, and therefore are less likely to miss the ship?  

Sorry to hear of your dilemma with Sunday departures from San Juan.  Being retired, it really does not matter to us what day of the week we depart.  

We prefer the Saturday-Saturday sailings also....but when did RCI ever care what we prefer. I agree I'm seeing many more of these sailings for the caribbean itinerary that we would be interested in. Oh well I booked the HOTS from PC next May and it is what it is.

The good thing about Sunday-to-Sunday is that you can prudently fly in the day before the cruise without losing a vacation day at work. 

The bad thing is no recovery day / laundry day before returning to work.

RIcruiseGuy will be glad to know that next winter there will be two ships out of San Juan, Vision of the Seas will be sailing Saturday-to-Saturday.

22 hours ago, SG65CB said:

The good thing about Sunday-to-Sunday is that you can prudently fly in the day before the cruise without losing a vacation day at work. 

The bad thing is no recovery day / laundry day before returning to work.

RIcruiseGuy will be glad to know that next winter there will be two ships out of San Juan, Vision of the Seas will be sailing Saturday-to-Saturday.

I always include Monday after in my vacation request.  I like Sunday to Sunday but I still need my extra Monday.

On 1/11/2019 at 12:40 AM, Dennis#1 said:

Sorry to hear of your dilemma with Sunday departures from San Juan.  Being retired, it really does not matter to us what day of the week we depart.  

Well good for youuuuuuuuuu!!!!