Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

48 minutes ago, Rina155 said:

You are going to love the balcony!  I sailed in 1140 about 4 years ago.  The balcony is amazing and the stairway right down to the sunset bar and buffet is so nice.  BLU is amazing.  I am jealous!  Loved Loved Loved that cabin.

We have booked a couple of sailings on the aft ... though never this high up

Looking fwd to the view and location.  Have had the opportunity to trade up and took a pass. We'll find out if we did the right thing

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The Celebrity deck plans for the aft-facing AQ balconies has always been wrong [drawn as a straight line].  Here is a post from 2012 with a rough sketch of how they really were.  [I have no knowledge of whether there are any changes with the 2019 dry dock]

M-Class Aft Balconies (deck 11).pdf

Thank you for the link.  We have 1138 booked for a b2b on the Summit in November so I loved seeing these pictures!  

I've been following all of this and happy to see that there aren't any major structural changes on the M class ships.  It seems like our biggest worry now is the veranda furniture.  Hopefully we'll still have high back reclining chairs, footstools and a table we can eat at.  I don't think that's asking too much! 

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for the post.  Really interesting to see.     I've never stayed in a AquaClass Aft before.  My April trip will be our first experiment in not sailing ins CS or above and now that we are Zenith and get most of the perks decided to see how we like it.   We booked 1140 on Infinity - ( I'm wondering if they have the same extended deck).    When booking I used a residential rate and booked a 4 day (prior to our TA) for $800 total.  How can you go wrong at $100 pp for 4 nights. 

Yiu are going to love the afts cabins on the M class.  They are my favorites. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

hahaha ikr

though maybe easier than a flight to London to catch a sailing from Southampton--then you get the 5 hr whack all at once

looking fwd to meeting you two irl

cheers

Except for us on the Other Coast it's an 8 hour timezone shift to LHR and 9 to the Continent.   Good thing is we can usually fly to London in less time then getting to FLL from SFO unless we get one of a few non-stops.   

11 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

Thank you for the link.  We have 1138 booked for a b2b on the Summit in November so I loved seeing these pictures!  

I've been following all of this and happy to see that there aren't any major structural changes on the M class ships.  It seems like our biggest worry now is the veranda furniture.  Hopefully we'll still have high back reclining chairs, footstools and a table we can eat at.  I don't think that's asking too much! 

I would agree with you.   Hopefully with the larger Verandas they will have adequately sized furniture.  Maybe they will ship all those rockers from Edge to dry dock.   LOL

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Full set of deckplans posted on cruise deck plans -

337003424_MillenniumDeckPlans.thumb.png.7a1339144d5cdd8a9d6bf21a1ed60a13.png

Hi Jim,

You seem to have researched the Millenium revolution more than me and to be more experienced.

Based on these deck plans, which C1 staterooms would be able to accommodate 3  people? ( I don’t seem to see any. but I am not sure if I am reading these plans correctly. Thank-you for your help! 

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:23 AM, FreestyleNovice said:

As far as I can tell the new setup of those balconies is as they were, can't find a decent dry dock photo but keep in mind that just extending the balcony railings, adjusting the dividers, putting in new glass, etc with a few more square inches as only result isn't very profitable. Despite how much I like extended balconies I would leave them too if I had a cruise line heheh! :classic_biggrin:

edit: so the new X deck plans seem to be incorrect for the port and starboard deck 11 balconies showing in this picture;

Screenshot.png

I've been in 1116 and it WAS bigger than the balcony next to it 1114, don't know about now but it was definitely deeper then than most of the others on both sides.  1116, 1118, 1119 & 1117 all larger.

1 hour ago, cachouonacruise said:

Hi Jim,

You seem to have researched the Millenium revolution more than me and to be more experienced.

Based on these deck plans, which C1 staterooms would be able to accommodate 3  people? ( I don’t seem to see any. but I am not sure if I am reading these plans correctly. Thank-you for your help! 

Nahhhh not and expert -  Just a computer nerd that lives in Silicon Valley.  

I find Celebrity site to almost be useless to research.   I usually like to use an airline site to do my research.   AA being my favorite.   

I searched some on Millennium for upcoming cruises and didn't find any available for 3.  Not sure why.   I did a search for May 29, 2020.   When I put in 3 it limits the choice to C2 and C3.    When I go back and change it to C1 it shows availability.   The symbol of a black square filled in means convertible sofa and the Triangle indicates a pull down berth. 

There are C1's on Deck 6 (only 4), 7, 8 and 9.

C2's Deck 8 and 9 

C3's  Deck 7,8,9

C1's

Deck 9   9021, 9164, 9162 and 9160 -   They all show a back square which indicates a convertible sofa 

Deck 8    a bunch of them but on this cruise they are sold out.   

Deck 7  7203, 7212, 7208 and 7206

Deck 6   6143. 6144. 6135 and 6136 (all adjacent to Royal Suites. 

It appears almost all the C1's will accommodate up to 4 so not sure why not coded to accept reservation for 3.   I suspect you would have to call to book one for 3 or 4.  

For the C2's -   on the AA site for this cruise the ones with the green button are available on this floor for booking 3 without having to call in.    Just an idea of what you will see.   The medium purple are the C2's the dark purple aft cabins are C1's

Hope this helps.

C2.thumb.jpg.7fb782bc1709b2cc579e3971154ba3b0.jpg

Thank-you very much Jim! On the X website, as you mentioned, I am able to see numerous C1 cabins showing the black square indicating the presence of a convertible sofa, including cabin 9201; in which we were booked for a March 2020 cruise.

We were booked out of cabin 9201 by X, since the cabin will no longer accommodate 3 persons. 

When I saw your new full set of deck plans, I did not see any C1 cabin with the black square. So I was wondering what it could mean for us now booked on a guaranteed C1.

One of my concerns is that I was looking forward to experience an aft cabin, and I am now trying to figure out where we may end up. 

Thanks again for your help. 

14 hours ago, cachouonacruise said:

Thank-you very much Jim! On the X website, as you mentioned, I am able to see numerous C1 cabins showing the black square indicating the presence of a convertible sofa, including cabin 9201; in which we were booked for a March 2020 cruise.

We were booked out of cabin 9201 by X, since the cabin will no longer accommodate 3 persons. 

When I saw your new full set of deck plans, I did not see any C1 cabin with the black square. So I was wondering what it could mean for us now booked on a guaranteed C1.

One of my concerns is that I was looking forward to experience an aft cabin, and I am now trying to figure out where we may end up. 

I saw the same as you.   Really not sure if the new plans are correct as of yet as it appears there are a number of other obvious errors.    Would be a good idea to call either your agent or Celebrity and find out.    If previously booked I would think they will allow you to remain or give you the option of changing rooms.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Millennium begins her sea trials.  Sailing at 18 knots

6D8D7933-BD1D-4EB6-852F-79CF7958215C.thumb.png.071b71a289c31a112257f3199c93e700.png

Do they call it sea-trials? This is just done for new ships or new engines or similar findamental technical changes but not for standard dry dock and hotel related changes.

45 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Do they call it sea-trials? This is just done for new ships or new engines or similar findamental technical changes but not for standard dry dock and hotel related changes.

The wording sea trial was used by both Captain Wendy and Captain Alex.  They even used the #tag seatrial.   Who am I to question the Captain?

SeaTrial.jpg.0561dbf7589993ad5ac8e46ab21a87de.jpg

SeaTrial2.jpg.b25374c8b596c1cf7de68755381bd159.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain

18 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I find Celebrity site to almost be useless to research.   I usually like to use an airline site to do my research.   AA being my favorite.   

Jim, have you checked out cruiseplum? I use it to do all my research.

I was looking at the Celebrity Fleet Guide posted by someone on cc.   It has columns showing the number of each cabin type before and after Revolutions for the entire fleet.

For Millennium I noted the following additional cabins being installed.

AquaClass A1     13 additional cabins

Oceanview 6          7 additional cabins

Interior 9                10 additional cabins 

I know the A1's are all on deck 10 Forward where the Spa used to be on starboard.

I can also see they added 3 Interior 9 cabins midship  adjacent to the Elevator Banks and the CS's 

Has anyone figured out where the other cabins were installed?

12030112_CEL_FleetGuide.pdf

18 hours ago, cachouonacruise said:

I was looking at the Fleet Guide posted above and found something interesting.   They added 30 additional cabins on the cruise and looks like they have reduced the number of 3/4 passengers from 435 to 375.    May be the reason they are changing some of the cabins to 2 passengers only. 

1272742629_3cabincount.jpg.c8f212f226367ba86bfd7f8e7056952f.jpg

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was looking at the Celebrity Fleet Guide posted by someone on cc.   It has columns showing the number of each cabin type before and after Revolutions for the entire fleet.

For Millennium I noted the following additional cabins being installed.

AquaClass A1     13 additional cabins

Oceanview 6          7 additional cabins

Interior 9                10 additional cabins 

I know the A1's are all on deck 10 Forward where the Spa used to be on starboard.

I can also see they added 3 Interior 9 cabins midship  adjacent to the Elevator Banks and the CS's 

Has anyone figured out where the other cabins were installed?

12030112_CEL_FleetGuide.pdf

7 new Ocean view cabins are on deck 3 replacing the wine cellar from Tuscan and possibly some of Tuscan.

the interior cabins are on deck 6 (3 cabins) deck 7 (3 cabins) and deck 8 (2 cabins) deck 9 (2 cabins).

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was looking at the Fleet Guide posted above and found something interesting.   They added 30 additional cabins on the cruise and looks like they have reduced the number of 3/4 passengers from 435 to 375.    May be the reason they are changing some of the cabins to 2 passengers only. 

1272742629_3cabincount.jpg.c8f212f226367ba86bfd7f8e7056952f.jpg

Which makes sense since they are not increasing the number of life boats.  There has to be a spot on a life boat for everyone on board (including crew) so they cannot add additional cabins without reducing the # of passengers in other cabins.  There are some sailings that, even though the stateroom can accommodate 3 or 4 guests, you cannot book 3 or 4 because of the life boat capacity.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

7 new Ocean view cabins are on deck 3 replacing the wine cellar from Tuscan and possibly some of Tuscan.

the interior cabins are on deck 6 (3 cabins) deck 7 (3 cabins) and deck 8 (2 cabins) deck 9 (2 cabins).

Fantastic.   Mystery solved.   It saved me a lot of time comparing the two sets of plans. 

Thanks for all your hard work.

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

Fantastic.   Mystery solved.   It saved me a lot of time comparing the two sets of plans. 

Thanks for all your hard work.

No problem.  My DH is sorry to see the library being replaced with interior cabins.  He always found something to read even though he is very picky.  Guess we'll have to make a trip to Half Price Books or find some Kindle reads.  Interesting that they are squeezing the I-lounge next to the Guest Relations desk, behind the elevator banks where there was a quiet reading nook. Looking at possible Summit bookings after the Revolution it doesn't look like the I lounge will be moved, but it has been a while since I looked at Summit bookings.

5 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Which makes sense since they are not increasing the number of life boats.  There has to be a spot on a life boat for everyone on board (including crew)

I think that if you count lifeboat capacity, you will find that lifeboats will only accommodate the maximum number of pax and some crew as far as raw numbers go.  The balance will have to use the (hopefully) inflatable liferafts.