No AC on Anthem of the Seas

35 minutes ago, Felipevergarac said:

Last update, the Captain finally made a statement, and hi apologize and declare that the problem will be fixed in the next few hours.

I heard him say that as well. I really hope it's accurate! 

2 hours ago, tinaledoux said:

As of 11:25, A/C NOT FIXED. NO word from anyone at RCI.

So, so hot and I have a balcony. Can't imagine those in inside staterooms. Temp of room seen when u make pic bigger20190114_171945.thumb.jpg.76658090044e64a71de3f63b16231140.jpg

It's a real shame. We were promised that it would be back on by 2am. Here we are at 2:30 and it's still hot as hell. 

Just now, tinaledoux said:

Just came from guest services at 3am. No ETA, and our room is now 78 degrees.... no sleep for 3 nights now. 

They told us the same thing 10 minutes ago. Now we're just walking around the pool deck to try and get our son to sleep. 

42 minutes ago, Spqr105 said:

Where are you guys hanging out for the tine being? Looking for somewhere with ac we can hang out with the baby. 

We stayed in our hot room. I'm so sorry for you and the baby. I'm very unhappy they haven't offered us something to be comfortable during this time.

Edited by tinaledoux

31 minutes ago, EBONI325 said:

Thanks for posting, this is not good. I will be on her this Friday, hope all repairs are done by then.

Well, I can tell you dozens of us were/are affected and they've done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to make us make us more comfortable. I hope it's fixed by your cruise, because this is pure hell.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Felipevergarac said:

It’s 08:30am and my room is still very hot, I’m at the forward section, anyone has this situation fix yet? 

In my mind, if they haven't fixed it in 3 days it's unlikely it will get fixed at all. 

At least we're headed toward cooler weather now. The only problem is that the humidity will still be very high so it likely won't be very comfortable today. 

It's been particularly difficult with a fussy baby. To make matters worse he has a fever so the hot room is the last thing we need. 

I hope they make us a whole in some way but I doubt it will be anything we're satisfied with. 

28 minutes ago, g4indigo said:

You all need to dispute with your credit card for the days with no AC. My family will be on board this Friday. RC better put their ***** together.

Difficult as the charge would likely be more than 60 days old.

I'm sailing on this cruise on Friday and I was thinking if it isn't fixed by then I would buy a small fan to bring on board. I'm thinking one of the ones I can plug into an outlet that is small and could sit on a desk or something. Has anyone ever brought anything like this onboard/ know if they allow it? I heard some rooms were given fans but I'm guessing there is not enough to give to all rooms. I cannot sleep if it is even slightly hot so I am trying to be proactive lol! I added a picture here of the one I was thinking of. I should also mention that  it has a heat function as well that I obviously wouldn't be using.Image result for heater and fan mainstays

Edited by PinkLemonade

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We bring an O2 Cool 5 inch battery operated/USB fan on every cruise.  Walmart carries them all year.  I would not expect a fan with a heating function to be allowed on the ship.

I was at Walmart today (in Canada) and I looked in electronics and didn't see anything like that. I'm assuming thats the section you found that in? Maybe I will try Walmart in the US before the cruise.