No AC on Anthem of the Seas

1 minute ago, PinkLemonade said:

I was at Walmart today (in Canada) and I looked in electronics and didn't see anything like that. I'm assuming thats the section you found that in? Maybe I will try Walmart in the US before the cruise.

No, they are in the fan department, small appliances area.  Amazon has them too but maybe not enough time before you leave.

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

No, they are in the fan department, small appliances area.  Amazon has them too but maybe not enough time before you leave.

Yeah I looked in the fan dept. there were literally like 2 options and they were both heater/fan. I guess at this time of the year they don't stock much like that. I will try in Bayonne before the cruise though as I might have better luck at Walmart in the US. Thanks 🙂

Just now, PinkLemonade said:

Yeah I looked in the fan dept. there were literally like 2 options and they were both heater/fan. I guess at this time of the year they don't stock much like that. I will try in Bayonne before the cruise though as I might have better luck at Walmart in the US. Thanks 🙂

I would check Walmart online and select a store location.  It should tell you if they have anything in stock in that store.  Not worth going if they don't have them.  I live in Massachusetts and our Walmart stores have them, even in the winter.  CVS carries them in the summer, in the seasonal section.

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

I would check Walmart online and select a store location.  It should tell you if they have anything in stock in that store.  Not worth going if they don't have them.  I live in Massachusetts and our Walmart stores have them, even in the winter.  CVS carries them in the summer, in the seasonal section.

I'll try that for sure! Thanks again 😄

All the more reason to take a portable fan, and pack the cord in your carry-on with the fan in the checked luggage.  Get one that uses batteries as an alternate power supply.  A fan makes the cabin feel 5 degrees cooler.

I'm so sorry that you are experiencing this.  Not that this helps you right now on board, but our cruise insurance has a clause for "fire, mechanical, other covered issue impacting cruise experience after departure" that provides us a token reimbursement.  Perhaps worth checking your insurance when you get home to see if you have something similar.  That, coupled with I hope some compensation from RCI, might provide a start for your next vacation fund.

1 minute ago, Diamonddanny said:

2 nights and 3 days so far.  Our inside stateroom has been a steady 85°.

Even with the door open for hours it doesn't cool down.  We usually dont sweat the small stuff but can't help sweating now!  

15475775035723696334820325495942.jpg

I'm thinking they should refund us somewhere in the ballpark of 20%. 

My son has a fever and it's been hell trying to get any sleep with him. 

1 minute ago, Diamonddanny said:

I agree.  20% seems reasonable.

We haven't gotten much sleep either.  My daughter doesn't even want to do the flowrider today because she's exusted.

I'm in my room now just checking and it's still at 85.

That's a shame. It's tough to see the kids not enjoying themselves. Hopefully tonight is the last hot night. 

We were told that there was going to be a meeting at noon concerning reimbursement. We went down there and were told that the meeting was cancelled. 

• Like 1

I am also on the cruise.  Not much 2 add except my room numbers which are 11181 and 11 183. Both interior rooms forward. My evening temperature is 83 degrees and has been that way for the past three nights.  Those of you who are thinking of bringing fans probably have the right idea. There are also some USB fans that you could probably bring

Best of luck my fellow Cruisers who are stuck in the middle of this hot mess.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of all those suffering right now on the Anthem. We board on Friday. I am selfishly hoping the issues are resolved for our trip but my thoughts are with those who are currently on board.

I'm travelling from Canada (SK specifically) so between the options of sailing without AC and not sailing I'm still firmly in the sailing without AC camp considering the distance we'll be travelling to board. If it makes anyone feel any better, I've included a screen cap of our current conditions at home.

image.png.8e8c85c541e849411cae9698f3504d9a.png

Edited by GStuart
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Spqr105 said:

I'm thinking they should refund us somewhere in the ballpark of 20%. 

My son has a fever and it's been hell trying to get any sleep with him. 

Have you taken the baby to the infirmary?  If they realize you have a sick baby, you never know, they might magically find a cabin that has A/C.  I don't doubt that the ship is sold out, but they usually have a cabin or two in their backpocket that they have for emergencies.

6 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Have you taken the baby to the infirmary?  If they realize you have a sick baby, you never know, they might magically find a cabin that has A/C.  I don't doubt that the ship is sold out, but they usually have a cabin or two in their backpocket that they have for emergencies.

We have. They gave us baby tylonal but they never offered us another room despite us asking numerous times. 

So sorry to hear of the ac issues being experienced. I hope its resolved asap. I'd like to ask an unrelated question if I could. Regarding your current itenerary & time, specific to Anthem. 

Since it is 1 hour ahead of New York time right now in St Kitts, St Lucia, Puerto Rico, Antigua, St Maarten & Barbados, did Anthem change clocks 1 hour ahead or did they stay on New York time? 

Just curious. Sometimes Anthem changes time, sometimes they don't. 

🕐

Edited by ObstructedView2

12 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

So sorry to hear of the ac issues being experienced. I hope its resolved asap. I'd like to ask an unrelated question if I could. Regarding your current itenerary & time, specific to Anthem. 

Since it is 1 hour ahead of New York time right now in St Kitts, St Lucia, Puerto Rico, Antigua, St Maarten & Barbados, did Anthem change clocks 1 hour ahead or did they stay on New York time? 

Just curious. Sometimes Anthem changes time, sometimes they don't. 

🕐

We went 1 hr forward. I believe it goes back 1hr tonight.