Harvest Caye - Clamshell + Lounger?

doconner

I've asked this in an existing thread regarding Harvest Caye but didn't get any responses, so I thought I'd start a fresh thread.

My cabin mate and I have the $50 shore excursion credit.   I've picked up that we could use this to reserve a clamshell on Harvest Caye.  

If we reserve a clamshell is it possible that there will be a free (as in cost) lounger nearby for third friend who won't be renting one?  

If we wanted to use our shore excursion credit for the clamshell, do we do that on board on somewhere on HC itself?

Thanks,

I think the clamshells are in a different row from the free loungers.  My mom has the excursion credit but we don't, I figured she could get 2 and we would pay her the difference. Hope we can do that. I read the clamshells are $35. 

Edited by sirenitas

I was just in Harvest Caye last week with only the Breakaway there. The clamshells are rented right where they are, on the beach. There’s a little bldg there  where you can rent those as well as snorkeling equipment. They are $40 & include 2 chairs. They are in the row furthest back from the water, next to the walkway. There are loungers in front of them. They also have umbrellas & 2 chairs closer to the water, but I do t know how much they are.  

There are lots of loungers and clamshells.  There also palm trees for shade. Last week, the water was pretty chilly, so most people ended up at the pool. 

In short, depending on when you’re there, you may not really need a clamshell and can free up your OBC for something else. 

Enjoy!

The clamshell fits 2 loungers. There are free loungers all around. Umbrellas look good, but are pretty useless. You pick a lounger in the morning that has an umbrella, but by mid-day the sun is coming from a different direction. If you want some shade, use your $50 credit for a clamshell (making it free). Some people grab a clamshell and the lounger in front of them so that they can alternate between sun and shade. 

8d8586ec3a746d22f9fab00107aecc5e.jpg

73fa8b52230f4efe0aa64acc625da6bf.jpg

2dd060ec9b3f62af970cfc2b027e1230.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/18/2019 at 6:53 AM, doconner said:

I've asked this in an existing thread regarding Harvest Caye but didn't get any responses, so I thought I'd start a fresh thread.

My cabin mate and I have the $50 shore excursion credit.   I've picked up that we could use this to reserve a clamshell on Harvest Caye.  

If we reserve a clamshell is it possible that there will be a free (as in cost) lounger nearby for third friend who won't be renting one?  

If we wanted to use our shore excursion credit for the clamshell, do we do that on board on somewhere on HC itself?

Thanks,

I've been looking for this too.......is it true that you get a priority tender pass when you reserve a clamshell too?

Thanks!!

On 1/20/2019 at 5:55 AM, BirdTravels said:

And, yes, you book clamshells onboard. Just go to any touchscreen kiosk and order one. Saves you from having to fuss with paying on the beach. 

Took your advice when we were there in December and it worked like a charm. Received the credit the next day. Thank You!

Op, be sure to select only one name when booking. 

• 5 months later...
41 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Can clamshells for Harvest Caye  be booked online prior to boarding....like an excursion? First time visiting Harvest Caye. 

I’m wondering this too... I havent seen it, but are they all booked?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JenTX4NYC said:

I’m wondering this too... I havent seen it, but are they all booked?

Can clamshells for Harvest Caye  be booked online prior to boarding....like an excursion? First time visiting Harvest Caye. 

You can book them on-board your ship, or at HC only ...not online!

It can be done easily by filling out a Shore Excursion form with complete information, prior to arrival day, and drop the form in the ShorEx desk box.

22 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

You can book them on-board your ship, or at HC only ...not online!

It can be done easily by filling out a Shore Excursion form with complete information, prior to arrival day, and drop the form in the ShorEx desk box.

Thanks ggTexasGal.  How would one get a Shore Excursion form prior to boarding? 

1 hour ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Thanks ggTexasGal.  How would one get a Shore Excursion form prior to boarding? 

Here is what I suggest:

Sometimes (but not always) one will be tucked into the Freestyle Daily that you'll be offered during the check-in process.  But, if not, upon embarkation, swing by the ShorEx desk to see if they have forms readily available (they usually do).

Go ahead and find any excursion (or items, such as the Clamshells) for your cruise that you want and fill out the form, place in their box if you don't have the opportunity to actually give to a ShorEx representative.

There are often lines during their "open hours!"

I forgot, there are also the touch screens (near elevators).

Edited by ggTexasGal
addition

On 1/18/2019 at 6:53 AM, doconner said:

Thanks,

You can always drag another chair close to your clam shell. It happens every day.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, HLNFan said:

Does anyone know if they have these clamshells near the pool, too?  I'd like the shade, but plan on doing the pool instead of the beach.

Just got back Sunday so we were there last week. No clamshells by the pool but you can get chairs shaded by a combination of umbrellas and trees.  We had planned to lounge in shade on the beach but decided after getting there we wanted to be near the pool.We got on an early tender and were on the island by 8am and pretty much had our choice of chairs. By 11am the shaded chairs by the pool were full. Our chairs started to get sun maybe 230ish and we ended up going back to the ship by 3.  We LOVED Harvest Caye.  But go early to get chairs of your choice!  Note this was with 2 ships in port, we were on the Dawn.