Decaf Diet Coke ????

Presto2

2 hours ago, the english lady said:

Not 100 % sure they have it on the ship....but there is no limit to the amount of soft drinks you can take on-board with you..

That's useful to know. Thanks everyone for the other responses too.

You should have no problem taking a few bottles onboard or when you get back on board when visiting the ports you berth at.

Even on our latest cruise when in Hamburg, we bought a few bottles of Pepsi -Max for our cabin use.

The UK version of Pepsi Max is safe for diabetics to drink because it contains artificial sweeteners, rather than sugar.

But be aware that some drinks bought outside the UK can contain sugar as they are sold reduced sugar rather than sugar free.

So just a little heads up when buying sugar/caffine free drinks in abroad ports, check the label on the drink.

As for the ship security ,not a problem taking these drinks onboard , I even presented the till receipt to show it was genuine .

Hope that helps 

7 hours ago, kalos said:

You should have no problem taking a few bottles onboard or when you get back on board when visiting the ports you berth at.

Even on our latest cruise when in Hamburg, we bought a few bottles of Pepsi -Max for our cabin use.

The UK version of Pepsi Max is safe for diabetics to drink because it contains artificial sweeteners, rather than sugar.

But be aware that some drinks bought outside the UK can contain sugar as they are sold reduced sugar rather than sugar free.

So just a little heads up when buying sugar/caffine free drinks in abroad ports, check the label on the drink.

As for the ship security ,not a problem taking these drinks onboard , I even presented the till receipt to show it was genuine .

Hope that helps 

Thanks - it is the decaf side I need. Haven't had caffeine now for about 10 years and it really upsets my whole system now if I do ----- makes me ill and makes me feel far more tipsy than the vodka !!!!!

21 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but Diet Coke is really bad for you.

https://www.shefinds.com/collections/stop-drinking-diet-coke-unhealthy-bad-for-you/#slide-3

Hi, I thought I had replied to this Jean -- sorry was not ignoring you.

Will have a look but as someone else said, neither is the Vodka ! ;-)

22 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Thanks - it is the decaf side I need. Haven't had caffeine now for about 10 years and it really upsets my whole system now if I do ----- makes me ill and makes me feel far more tipsy than the vodka !!!!!

I am exactly the same. Recently I was served a cup of regular coffee in a restaurant and I knew immediately it wasn't decaffeinated. Caffeine gives me the kind of buzz you describe. I had to stop drinking coke before caffeine free was invented and have never tried it again. 

2 hours ago, tartanexile81 said:

I am exactly the same. Recently I was served a cup of regular coffee in a restaurant and I knew immediately it wasn't decaffeinated. Caffeine gives me the kind of buzz you describe. I had to stop drinking coke before caffeine free was invented and have never tried it again. 

The decaf stuff is ok in that it doesn't leave me 'on the ceiling' !!

• 2 months later...