New UBP price list

pbenjamin

On 1/25/2019 at 8:01 PM, bbnjcruiser said:

Your missing the mandatory gratuity upcharge that puts you at 4.14 per Pepsi - retail 24 pack they’ll run you 50 cents a piece. 728% above retail seems obscene.

and I hate diet pepsi.

I am going on a 13 night TA on the Pearl in April.  I chose no to take the drink package as a perk.  I can't drink alcohol for medical purposes, my husband can and I must get a package for each of us.   This will run around $600 for him to drink his fruity cocktails 3x a day.  What about the 6 days will be in port for most of the time?   Also it peeves me off that water and coffee are not included.  

5 minutes ago, pamrose228 said:

I am going on a 13 night TA on the Pearl in April.  I chose no to take the drink package as a perk.  I can't drink alcohol for medical purposes, my husband can and I must get a package for each of us.   This will run around $600 for him to drink his fruity cocktails 3x a day.  What about the 6 days will be in port for most of the time?   Also it peeves me off that water and coffee are not included.  

It's 19.80 pp per day for the 20% gratuities, so the total is 514.80 for your 13 day TA, not "around 600.00".  Also, you can drink soda, juice and non alcoholic beer if available.  And during the 6 port days, you're back on board by 500, so that gives you 7 hours if you crash by 12 and 5 hours if you crash by 10 to get your 39.60 worth.  And your DH can more than get his monies worth during the 6 at sea days as well as embarkation day.  But, since he only drinks 3 fruity drinks per day, you made a wise choice in declining the perk since he is a borderline teetotaler.

29 minutes ago, bochest124 said:

Random question.  If we order a mimossa without specifying anything else, would the bar tender use the included champagne that stays under the UBP?

They don’t use champagne, they use Prosecco for mimossas.

We're on the Epic and Nelson the hotel director said at our cruise critic meeting they'd be adding back grey goose and several other popular liquors to the under 15 dollar section so they're in the UBP. He said changes would happen within 2 months I believe. He also said this was in response to people giving them feedback on the UBP changes. 

13 minutes ago, Paelos said:

We're on the Epic and Nelson the hotel director said at our cruise critic meeting they'd be adding back grey goose and several other popular liquors to the under 15 dollar section so they're in the UBP. He said changes would happen within 2 months I believe. He also said this was in response to people giving them feedback on the UBP changes. 

2 Months?

20 minutes ago, Paelos said:

Those of you who booked a while ago, take a look at the email you got from NCL when you booked.  There is a little envelope in the top right of your "my NCL" page.  It specifically STATES GREY GOOSE is included ,as well as several other brands.  Be aware that once you have "read" all the emails in that section you can't get back into it, so leave at least one email unread.  I can't paste mine because I learned that the hard way.

Someone who does still have access, paste the contents of that email in here for others.  I think it makes for interesting reading....

47 minutes ago, erdoran said:

Someone who does still have access, paste the contents of that email in here for others.  I think it makes for interesting reading....

Sent: January 27, 2019
Subject: Beverage Packages Now On Sale

Sip on unlimited soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails and wines by the glass during your entire cruise for only $99 per person per day*. From classic martinis and margaritas to mojitos and piña coladas, the Ultimate Beverage Package offers a wide range of delicious cocktails made with premium spirits, including Bacardi Superior rum, Grey Goose vodka and Jose Cuervo tequila, among others.

Plus, with soda packages for kids and teens to wine and beer selections for adults, we also offer a wide selection of fantastic beverage options designed for guests of all ages. Thanks to Norwegian's multitude of beverage options, it's easier than ever to stay refreshed. Bottoms up!

*Terms & Conditions
Package not available on sailings less than 2 days or charter sailings.

Thank God for competition! Looks like the remaining Cruise Next certificates we have will be going on Ebay. Really disgusted by the NCL money grab. Just sailed on Celebrity and the food in the MDR was BETTER then the specialty restaurants on NCL. Drink packages already include any service charges so if you get it included in your cruise fare you pay nothing additional. The cruise fares overall are also in many cases lower than NCL. Wow! When will they stop? Oh wait...until so many cheerleaders keep sailing them there's no reason to stop. I hope you enjoy the NCL money grab and glad our next cruise is on Celebrity.

6 minutes ago, sdho said:

Sip on unlimited soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails and wines by the glass during your entire cruise for only $99 per person per day*. From classic martinis and margaritas to mojitos and piña coladas, the Ultimate Beverage Package offers a wide range of delicious cocktails made with premium spirits, including Bacardi Superior rum, Grey Goose vodka and Jose Cuervo tequila, among others.

Plus, with soda packages for kids and teens to wine and beer selections for adults, we also offer a wide selection of fantastic beverage options designed for guests of all ages. Thanks to Norwegian's multitude of beverage options, it's easier than ever to stay refreshed. Bottoms up!

*Terms & Conditions

I hope someone from NCL sees this. 

16 minutes ago, sdho said:

*Terms & Conditions

Thank you-I shared this on the other thread about the price increase.  My ("i'm not a lawyer, I just love judge shows") interpretation is that it's unclear whether it means these spirits as shots (although I suppose Grey Goose neat counts?), but certainly this says if you have a "cocktail" (aka screwdriver, bloody mary, etc) made with Grey Goose, that absolutely should be included.

Of course, the devil is in the details (terms & conditions) but I think the specificity and brands named in the email must carry some weight.

Any attorneys on this thread?

2 hours ago, erdoran said:

Be aware that once you have "read" all the emails in that section you can't get back into it, so leave at least one email unread.  I can't paste mine because I learned that the hard way.....

**I left you a message regarding the missing emails on the other thread.

1 hour ago, tarps14 said:

**I left you a message regarding the missing emails on the other thread.

I am afraid to ask this but does anyone know what they charge for Don Julio 1942??

Edited by wdjpvaz