Marina and Riviera "refresh"?

marylovestotravel

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Isn't the OceaniaNEXT concept being implemented on all ships?

I do believe that the Riviera is due for this in April.

No, only the "R" ships are getting the complete makeover.  

38 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

No, only the "R" ships are getting the complete makeover.  

Do not think the O ships need a complete makeover.  They still are very nice.  Maybe a little touch up here and there. 

I asked my TA about Riviera when making final payment on my May cruise this week. She reported that Riviera will be in drydock in Barcelona for 10 days. I doubt that 10 days is sufficient time for the Oceania NEXT upgrade but I am happy that she will be freshened !

4 hours ago, Izzy'sMoms said:

This will be our first sailing on Riviera and we are hoping that she will live up to our previous Marina Oceania Suite experience. 

I don’t see any particular reason why she would not - especially if you are in an OC cabin. If anything, the thelasotherapy pool on Riviera is nicer - otherwise they are pretty much the same.

Edited by Paulchili

5 hours ago, Paulchili said:

I don’t see any particular reason why she would not - especially if you are in an OC cabin. If anything, the thelasotherapy pool on Riviera is nicer - otherwise they are pretty much the same.

Do you have any idea of the size of the two hot tubs on the Spa Deck of Marina?

We've only been on Riviera to date, and we've really enjoyed that therapy pool.  We'll be on Marina in May, and we are sure we'll love it, too, but just wonder about those hot tubs.  

We also enjoyed the warmth of the therapy pool, without the jets turned on, as well as with them on.

Thanks.

GC

I am on the Riveria right now.  Fabulous service as always.  However, it appears that the ship is overdue for a refurbishment.  Many windows in Horizons (as well as in our veranda stateroom) have signs of “seal failure”. This causes the windows to be hazy or foggy.  In the stateroom, several areas of wear and tear; for example, the shelf in the desk is broken, the shower head leaks from the side,  and the closet sliding doors are loose and rattle all night long. It appears that at one time there was a light in the closet, but all that remains are dangling electrical cords. Other than the suites, does anybody know if there are definite plans to refresh public spaces and veranda staterooms?

31 minutes ago, Century2000 said:

It appears that at one time there was a light in the closet, but all that remains are dangling electrical cords.

You should point this out to your stateroom attendant to have them call maintenance. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Century2000 said:

and the closet sliding doors are loose and rattle all night long. It appears that at one time there was a light in the closet, but all that remains are dangling electrical cords

I suspect the lights were removed because if the doors are loose and do not close properly, the closet light would be on all the time. People might not have liked it at night.

It should be fixed back to original settings.

3 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

A picture is worth 1000 words

121146.jpg

Thank you, but without somebody/bodies in the tub for scale, it's not easy to get a sense of the size, if one has never seen it before.  They look a bit... small in this photo...

We got the placement from the deck plans, but still can't get a sense of proportion of the actual tub with respect to size.

GC

5 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Thank you, but without somebody/bodies in the tub for scale, it's not easy to get a sense of the size, if one has never seen it before.  They look a bit... small in this photo...

We got the placement from the deck plans, but still can't get a sense of proportion of the actual tub with respect to size.

GC

They are a bit small,  holding four comfortably and six max each.

We are on Riviera now and signed up for a B2B for summer. When we were signing up I asked the gentleman about the upcoming refresh.  He said they will focus on the Owners Suites and all soft items in the other cabins.  That means new color schemes for bedding that will reflect the colors that will be on the new ships——-like  blue/pale gray/white   They are completely redoing Baristas, and the engineers from Italy are already on board with their blueprints.  The biggest upgrade will be in technology.  Interactive TV’s and other things.  He said they will be doing and trying out things that they want to use on the new ships. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1