Escape in Bermuda

Biffire

I have a question about docking in Bermuda.

When we were in Bermuda last year, we docked on the starboard, side, but that was the Dawn. Can anyone tell me if they use 

the Port side or Starboard for the Escape at the Royal Naval Dockyard? We booked starboard rooms, so we can watch people come and go.

Biffire

We explored this same question when we sailed Breakaway to Bermuda in 2017. Our sailing was one of the ones during the America's Cup races and we wanted to be able to watch the events from our balcony. What we discovered was that the ship could dock either way. Since we had two cabins we decided to book one on each side near the forward elevators so we could easily move between them.

I wish I could give you a more definitive answer but I can't. Perhaps someone else has better insight into Escape but since it is nearly the same ship just slightly larger I think it will be subject to a similar pattern as Breakaway.

3 hours ago, Biffire said:

I have a question about docking in Bermuda. When we were in Bermuda last year, we docked on the starboard, side, but that was the Dawn. Can anyone tell me if they use the Port side or Starboard for the Escape at the Royal Naval Dockyard? We booked starboard rooms, so we can watch people come and go. Biffire

The ship is required to do maintenance and safety drills from both port and starboard sides. Since Bermuda is only port the Escape calls at, direction the ship is docking is random depending on the ship's requirements.  

On 2/2/2019 at 8:55 PM, Paul Bogle said:

We explored this same question when we sailed Breakaway to Bermuda in 2017. Our sailing was one of the ones during the America's Cup races and we wanted to be able to watch the events from our balcony. What we discovered was that the ship could dock either way. Since we had two cabins we decided to book one on each side near the forward elevators so we could easily move between them.

I wish I could give you a more definitive answer but I can't. Perhaps someone else has better insight into Escape but since it is nearly the same ship just slightly larger I think it will be subject to a similar pattern as Breakaway.

I have been watching PTZtv webcams for almost the past year to figure this one out as well.  Seems like 75% of the time it is the starboard side.  I guess it just depends on the mood that given day!