Cozumel - Pier Used by NCL

sailorchick17

Hi All, 

We are heading to Cozumel in March on the Breakaway and I'm hoping to confirm which pier is used by NCL.  

I've read that it is usually the International Pier however some have said they landed at the Punta Langosta pier which is right downtown and away from the main cruise port area with shops and restaurants.

This will be our first time in Cozumel so we're not really sure how this works.

If anyone can provide some insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 🙂

Google Map Image LINK:

https://www.google.com/maps/@20.4942385,-86.9606904,7697m/data=!3m1!1e3

At the top of the photo to left of CENTRO is the pier NCL uses Punta Langosta (1 ship at dock)

At the bottom are two piers (2 ships at one pier) this is where the other guys are at

Map image is ZOOMable

Edited by don't-use-real-name
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We must have been really unlucky. On the Breakaway the week before Christmas we docked at the isolated pier away from downtown. We were looking forward to a stop at the Mega Store near the downtown pier but it was not to be. The other three posters got the pier we  prefer. 

At Punta Langosta  the municipal market and center of town is maybe a ten minute walk with lots of shops, restaurants and bars along the way. Not sure about Ron Jons. We did see one at the other pier. I'm sure if you google it you can find out if there is a Ron Jons location downtown.

Looking at the schedule for March, the Breakaway will be there 3 times.  There will be 5, 7, and 8 ships total there on each of those days.  Hard to say for sure where you will be.  Once we almost had to tender.  But the Spirit lost the toss and tendered while we, the Pearl got to dock.  

2 hours ago, sailorchick17 said:

Hi All, 

We are heading to Cozumel in March on the Breakaway and I'm hoping to confirm which pier is used by NCL.  

I've read that it is usually the International Pier however some have said they landed at the Punta Langosta pier which is right downtown and away from the main cruise port area with shops and restaurants.

Thanks 🙂

It makes not difference. If you don't use the shops and restaurants at the International pier, then you use the shops and restaurants downtown.

You can walk between them if you need to get to one or the other, o t worst a short cheap taxi ride.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cozumel/@20.4949856,-86.9653431,2456m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x8f4ef8efb0d19327:0x342ebcae5c018bfc!8m2!3d20.4229839!4d-86.9223432

On March 19th the Carnival Miracle, Carnival Paradise and Carnival Vista will dock at the Puerta Maya pier which is the farthest south. Majesty of the Seas and Rhapsody of the Seas will dock at the International pier just north of Puerta Maya. NCL Breakaway will dock at the Punta Langosta pier downtown alongside the Disney Magic.

There are two Ron Jons in Cozumel, one each at the Puerta Maya and International piers. The larger by far is located at Puerta Maya. If you decide to spend the day at one of the beach clubs on the south side of the island you will pass by them and may have time to stop at the Puerta Maya pier on your way back to the ship.

3 hours ago, sailorchick17 said:

Hi All, 

Thanks 🙂

The Breakaway docks at Punta Longosta. There are a lot of shops and eating places at the port. And you are in downtown, so lots and lots of places on the street. You don’t want to be at the international pier,,, it is way out of the way. 

• Like 1