Breakaway only ship in Caribbean for month of September, 2019?

cruisegal40

Does this seem odd to anyone else?  I am looking for the weekend of the 14/15 of this year as that is the only time DH has any time off. We went on the Getaway last year.  So wanted to try a different ship than her sister ship.

Seems odd that NCL would only have one ship in the Caribbean. I do understand that it's hurricane season, however, I do feel that they one other choice last year.

Edited by cruisegal40

13 hours ago, Shipof6Fools said:

I was thinking the same thing about September 2020, I cannot find a single NCL ship in the caribbean. Heck even October 2020 only has two sailings for the Joy.

This was my thoughts...I cruise in October for many reasons. I was shocked when I seen only 2 sailings in October 2020. I do not expect for any other sailings to get added either.

I had been looking at that before.  September/October is when the Alaskan cruise ships reposition.  They do a few trips in the Mexican Riviera then 1 Panama then move to the Caribbean.  It also aligns nicely with hurricane season in the Caribbean, keeping the ships out of the area for a bit of time.

We've most always cruise in September and there have been more NCL offerings.  Seems that they are pulling themselves out of a good market.  Visigoth.  We do 7+ day cruises when coming from NE. Anything less is not worth it to us for travel.  Thanks though.   Last year they had Getaway and Escape.  At least there was a choice. Now, nothing.  And the Bermuda ones a low also because I checked that out too.

No doubt, not much to choose from on NCL...the Bride and I chose a 11 day on Celebrity to celebrate our 30th...we usually sail NCL....but looking back, this fare is looking better and better on Celebrity...room tips and Classic Drink package included...

21 hours ago, cruisegal40 said:

Does this seem odd to anyone else?  I am looking for the weekend of the 14/15 of this year as that is the only time DH has any time off. We went on the Getaway last year.  So wanted to try a different ship than her sister ship.

Seems odd that NCL would only have one ship in the Caribbean. I do understand that it's hurricane season, however, I do feel that they one other choice last year.

It's not that it's hurricane season so much as it is the ships have not returned from their summer deployments. They are still in Europe, and Alaska.