BOGO dining

cajinyank

The rule is that you have to use it the first night.  That's why you are getting a break on the price.  Once onboard you may find that they will let you skip the first night, but I would expect to be told no.

We've purchased BOGO many times and we have tried a few times on a few different ships to change that first night and it was not possible.  It might be easier for them to change the second night which is always formal night?  I would assume there is a big demand for specialty dining that night.   But I wouldn't count on it.  It's a great deal, just enjoy it.

• 2 months later...

My Father and I did the BOGO Dining on our last cruise and we got on board at 11:30. I called to Chops and asked them to make a reservation for the BOGO and we also wanted to dine at Giovani's and they made it as well for the first night.

Needless to say we really enjoyed our meals. I hate to say our tradition has been to dine at these two restaurants on our cruises. So when my Mother sails with us for our next cruises we have booked the BOGO Dining used our OBC of $50 so we only pay $80 for 3 for 2 restaurants. It costs more to just dine at Chops.

Now the ship can chose the restaurants I was able to call over from my stateroom and book the restaurants after telling them how much we enjoy Chops and Giovanni's as its our tradition.

Where can you go on land for $130 for 2 restaurants for 3 people -$50 OBC so its $80 for three with service charge? And for $8 specialty coffee with my Dessert pure bliss!

Point in case if its available on your cruise and your willing to be flexible in your dining time(s) and where they assign you its worth it. 

Overall its a phenomenal deal

27 minutes ago, Cobbie48 said:

Where do you get the BOGO for the first night. Don’t see it in the on line planner. We are in the Brilliance May 19

Sometimes it is offered and sometimes not.  You have to keep watching the Cruise Planner, it changes.

Yes,, keep checking.  I saw BOGO on my planner but didn't purchase, then went back in the next day to purchase and it was gone.  Then BOGO reappeared a couple of weeks later, just a few days before our cruise.

On 2/7/2019 at 2:29 PM, coordinator23 said:

We have BOGO as Diamond plus members.  They have let us use ours on the first and second night

The OP is talking about “First Night Done Right” which is available to anyone when offered. The D+ coupon is separate from that and yes, it is first or second night.

On 2/7/2019 at 3:29 PM, coordinator23 said:

We have BOGO as Diamond plus members.  They have let us use ours on the first and second night

The BOGO for Diamond Plus can only be reserved on the ship after you board. 

2 hours ago, blackshirt said:

The OP is talking about “First Night Done Right” which is available to anyone when offered. The D+ coupon is separate from that and yes, it is first or second night.

Actually they were talking about the BOGO that is/was offered through the cruise planner to everyone.  The D+ BOGO and   FNDR is/are an entirely different promo.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I called about it and was told it was only offered on nights 1 and 2 on our 7 Night HOTS cruise. I was able to pick a time slot for night 1 (630pm) but nothing at all for night two. I keep getting notifications that dinner times are limited for my Day 2, but there is really no way to book that dinner until I get on board. Just hope we aren't doomed to eat at 9pm. 

Well silly me, I thought $39.95 was the full price for Chops and if I caught a BOGO I would get two meals for that price.  I called Royal and found out that’s already the discounted price. After all we’ve paid for this cruise we will not be dining at a specialty restaurant.  It is actually a good price for what you get but we are fine with the MDR.  Thanks for all your advice.