Viking Jupiter Delivered

Heidi13

From Viking's Media Center.  Interesting to note that the next ship will not be delivered for another two years:

VIKING TAKES DELIVERY OF SIXTH OCEAN SHIP

Viking Jupiter Will Be Officially Named in Oslo, Norway on June 6

Los Angeles (February 7, 2018) – Viking® (www.vikingcruises.com) today announced it took delivery of Viking Jupiter®, the company’s sixth ocean ship. The delivery ceremony took place this morning when the ship was presented at Fincantieri’s shipyard in Ancona, Italy. On February 16, Viking Jupiter will be the first in Viking’s fleet to sail the Journey to Antiquities itinerary, a new itinerary sailing between Athens and Rome offering guests the chance to experience the Mediterranean during the quiet season. During its maiden season, Viking Jupiter will sail itineraries throughout the Mediterranean and then Scandinavia. The ship will officially be named in Oslo, Norway on June 6 by her ceremonial godmother, Sissel Kyrkjebø, the acclaimed Norwegian soprano.

“It is always a proud moment when we are able to welcome a new ship to our fleet,” said Torstein Hagen, Chairman of Viking. “Viking Jupiter is our sixth ocean vessel in just four years– a clear sign of the positive response to our approach to ocean cruising. We are different because we focus on the destination, and that resonates with our guests. We are pleased that with continued growth we have the opportunity to introduce even more travelers to the Viking way of exploration.”

Viking Jupiter

Viking’s ocean ships have a gross tonnage of 47,800 tons, with 465 staterooms that can host 930 guests. Viking Jupiter is part of Viking’s award-winning ocean fleet of sister ships, which also includes Viking Star®, Viking Sea®, Viking Sky®, Viking Sun®, and Viking Orion®. Ten additional ships are also planned for delivery starting in 2021, which could bring Viking’s ocean fleet to 16 ships by 2027.

• Thanks 1

Interested to hear what Viking has changed/improved on Jupiter.
Excursions for our cruise just posted to MVJ, and one excursion category conspicuously missing from the 15-day cruise is Kitchen Table excursions. Could they have done something different with that space?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We're looking forward to getting acquainted with Jupiter on our Midnight Sun cruise 6/30!  We have been on the Star and Sky so it will be fun to see the changes!  I know they have the planetarium like Orion and apparently they have moved the omelette station from the middle of the world cafe to the end ... around the corner from the gelato.  That might be an improvement during the busy times when there are several people waiting for custom orders.  

51 minutes ago, just_dont said:

And you can scroll back to previous days and times.

Well that's pretty cool. Thanks.

You must spend more time on line than me. I didn't think that was possible.

See you in June.

Cheers.

On 2/8/2019 at 5:09 PM, OneSixtyToOne said:

Same here. Have you signed up for the meet & mingle?

It has been a long time since I have been on here and had to look up how to reply. Now that I have that back, no I have not signed up for the "meet & mingle", where do I do that? Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, wabamun said:

Well that's pretty cool. Thanks.

You must spend more time on line than me. I didn't think that was possible.

See you in June.

Cheers.

At times, I certainly do.  My DW will vouch for that.  And I tend to obsess when it comes to vacation planning. :classic_cool:

Looking forward to meeting you in June.

2 hours ago, just_dont said:

You mean this one?

I'll admit, Viking Jupiter Roll Calls are harder to find than the first 5 ships, because they still haven't added it to the Roll Call Finder.

Forget the roll call finder. IMHO, it can't be trusted. If the person who starts it makes any sort of syntax error in the subject line, the the finder doesn't pick it up. Then a second roll call is started and now you have two separate conversations going. Much more accurate to find the roll call yourself by going to the Roll Call forum and finding your cruise line and then your ship. It might take a little longer but it is much more reliable.

Hey Jupiter fans ... we are on the 6/28 Midnight sun cruise and as of this posting we are the only ones signed up for the Meet & Mingle! 

Come on people ... free drinks and nibbles and a chance to touch base with other  cruisers who frequent these boards and are friendly, thoughtful, intelligent, affable, perspicacious  ... well you get the drift.  We really don't want to be the only ones there! 

Hey Jupiter fans ... we are on the 6/28 Midnight sun cruise and as of this posting we are the only ones signed up for the Meet & Mingle! 
Come on people ... free drinks and nibbles and a chance to touch base with other  cruisers who frequent these boards and are friendly, thoughtful, intelligent, affable, perspicacious  ... well you get the drift.  We really don't want to be the only ones there! 
Ummm, Jupiter doesn't have a 6/28 Midnight Sun cruise. At least not this year. 6/16 and 6/30 are the only two in June.
Another ship maybe? Or 2020?