Will Deck one be horrible?

MermaidMommy03

I am prone to get seasick and always choose a lower deck midship because that is the place where the boat rocks the least.  Also deck 1 will not  have heavy traffic overhead.  Once we were under a main hallway and could hear people walking around at all hours of the day and night

Deck 1is not bad, I always get an OV cabin.  I’m basically in there to sleep, not a big deal.  I would rather go several times a year with a lower cabin than blow it all with something more expensive. 

On my next cruise I had booked an OV on deck 1. Several weeks ago I was upgraded to a balcony on deck 6 for $26, yesterday they upgraded that to a deck 8 balcony for another $26. 

We choose to stay on deck 1 almost every cruise. It is good and the midship cabins you have will be fine. We like it because when you come back onboard you just walk up one flight of stairs to get to your room instead of waiting for an elevator. We drop our stuff off in the room and if we want to go to Lido we just walk to the back of the ship and those elevators are much less crowded.  If you hit rough seas the bottom of the ship is actually moves less than the upper decks.

8 hours ago, Cruise-Crazy said:

Deck 1is not bad, I always get an OV cabin.  I’m basically in there to sleep, not a big deal.  I would rather go several times a year with a lower cabin than blow it all with something more expensive. 

On my next cruise I had booked an OV on deck 1. Several weeks ago I was upgraded to a balcony on deck 6 for $26, yesterday they upgraded that to a deck 8 balcony for another $26. 

Did you call them to get these upgrades or did they call you? I must go on the wrong cruises because

it always cost a lot more to upgrade.

I only ever stay on Riviera-midship is the most stable section of ship as forward & aft dip up and down in less than perfect seas. Plus, the lower the deck (closer to waterline), provides additional stability over & above the stabilization afforded by the midship cabin location. Enjoy!