Help me feel better about booking an inside cabin.

For people who don't need to sleep together in the same bed, separating the bed into twins and pushing each against the wall (like in the picture posted above) makes the room seem a LOT bigger because you have the benefit of the walkway between the beds as usable space. 

When getting dressed, one person can be between the beds and another in the vanity/couch area, and you're not standing on top of each other that way.  

Another method if you do want to share one bed is to push the king-size bed against one wall, so you get the walkway area on just one side of the bed.  This means one person has to slide over from the other side (or climb up from the end) to get to their side of the bed, but if that's not a deal-breaker, you get a lot more room by combining the two little walkways into one larger area.  

• Thanks 1

For a book I wrote about cruising, I interviewed a couple who cruised 21 times (!) in 2018. In response to a question I asked regarding expense, he rationalized that by always booking inside cabins, the savings vs balcony/outside pays for a cruise after about 4-5 interior stays...

10 minutes ago, vidsmart said:

For a book I wrote about cruising, I interviewed a couple who cruised 21 times (!) in 2018. In response to a question I asked regarding expense, he rationalized that by always booking inside cabins, the savings vs balcony/outside pays for a cruise after about 4-5 interior stays...

I could see that easily.

Dan

I prefer balcony cabins but tend to do a lot of inside just to stretch the money further.  I can see issue if you have feelings of claustrophobia. One of my favorite things about inside cabins are the darkness.  It makes that afternoon nap I sometimes need after a busy port day very easy. 

I also solo cruise a lot so the smaller space isn't a huge factor for me.  But I know some lines are doing more larger interior rooms.  I have to admit that I think some of the interior cabins on the older smaller class ships seem much more cramped than the newer larger ships.  I'm not sure how comfortable it would have been to have two people in an interior cabin on the old Monarch of the Seas.  That was pretty small.

We have been in most of them.

We love the inside cabin,saves you money.

A cabin is a place to sleep.We take naps in the afternoon to get ready for the evening,turn the lights off nice and dark.

Balcony is nice but you can get a noisy couple playing music or someone who likes to smoke not good.

Besides when you get to port you don't know what side you are going to be the view can be nothing but water..

Its your money..

Best regards,

Manny & Lydia

depends on the view......for something like the Panama Canal, Europe, Alaska, the first couple Caribbean cruises, the view of the balcony is great.  Now that we've seen each Caribbean island multiple times, we do enjoy the savings on the inside cabins.  Plus wife likes it nice and dark to sleep so that's a plus for her.

On a Caribbean cruise, I'd rather have an inside cabin plus drink package over the price of a balcony.

• Like 1

Our first cruise was on Grandeur, an inside cabin. From there we migrated to Ocean View then eventually Balcony. This time we will do our first suite (a junior). We've since always told each other "never again doing an inside cabin" but reality hits home with this thread because one day WE will be retired on fixed incomes and maybe this inside cabin thing will SAVE US MONEY. 

Another poster gave great reason not to fret, the cabin is only for sleeping and, when our eyes are closed and asleep, it doesn't truly matter.

I wish you guys an amazing cruise!

3 hours ago, vidsmart said:

3 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I could see that easily.

Dan

Is that taking into consideration the balcony discounts offered?

46 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Is that taking into consideration the balcony discounts offered?

What he said exactly was: “What we save on, say, four 
cruises by booking inside cabins rather than a balcony pays for the 5th cruise.” 

We have been on many cruises, most of them we have had inside cabins.

Would like more hanging space. My wife likes her feet pointing to the door and the dark when the door is closed. She would be awake as soon as the sun came up in a balcony cabin. Our TA knows this when we book another cruise. Usually have a cabin on deck 9 so we don't get noise from the swimming pool on deck 11.