Photo package for a group

Nashna

11 hours ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

Just remember that any type of "Private sitting" for photos will cost extra above and beyond the cost of the photo package. Not sure of the current cost for this. I know it used to $75.00 and then you purchase the photos...

How do we go about setting up for large family photo's?  Our total family consists of 45 people and then several of us want our immediate family which is one of 15 and the other of 12 photographed.  My parents 50th wedding anniversary was 10 years ago and Mom and Dad paid for that - only about 27 folks, 5 years ago (their 55th wedding anniversary) we were treated to another cruise and had over 35 folks, Mom passed a year ago but Dad is still paying for the cruise and it is up to 45 people...the first 2 were on the staircase and we would like this to be on it also.

When I called Royal Caribbean to find out how to schedule this for the sea day no one was quite sure how to go about reserving the time slot.  I know that I have rambled but need help on how to schedule the photographer and time slot.  

On 4/15/2019 at 8:05 AM, NCLbigfan said:

We recently came back from a cruise on the Serenade. Whatever you do, buy the package before you get on the ship. It was our 30th anniversary cruise and I surprised the wife with the all you can take package. It cost me $199.99 online and was advertised at $250.00 on the ship. On the second day we went to look at our sail away photos. My wife saw the ad for the all you can take pictures for $250.00 and wanted it for our anniversary but I surprised her and told her that I had already purchased it but for $50.00 less. Just one of the many surprises I had planned for her on that cruise..

Every day that we were in port we took many gang way photos and every night we sought out the photographers with the different backgrounds. Almost every day they sort us out in the dinning room and at the parties. We came home with over 200 pictures that will decorate our walls and make for a memorable scrapbook. That's less than $1.00 per photo.

However, after taking many of the same poses, we played with the photographers a bit. We started taking fun pictures where the wife was yelling and I covered my ears and vice versa. We took pictures where we were pretending to choke each other. We took pictures on our anniversary where I got down on one knee and proposed to my wife. She did the same to me in the next picture. We took pictures with a bottle of champagne and we even took a picture holding our wedding photo from 30 years ago. The photographers loved us and even referred to us as "the fun ones".

It was actually one of the high points of the cruise.

We are taking the kids and grandkids on the Allure of the was to celebrate our 40th anniversary.  Your ideas are great.  I particularly like the one with a picture from the wedding. Would love to hear more ideas if anyone has any.

Question: Where do I book the package online?  I can't seem to find it on the cruise planner. 

16 minutes ago, Tudy said:

We are taking the kids and grandkids on the Allure of the was to celebrate our 40th anniversary.  Your ideas are great.  I particularly like the one with a picture from the wedding. Would love to hear more ideas if anyone has any.

Question: Where do I book the package online?  I can't seem to find it on the cruise planner. 

I haven't seen it either but someone posted that it should be under the internet and more category and that it can reveal itself at anytime.  I try to check everyday! 

1 hour ago, Mr. Candyman said:

I haven't seen it either but someone posted that it should be under the internet and more category and that it can reveal itself at anytime.  I try to check everyday! 

Thanks!  I found it. It was under "Internet and more" down at the very bottom. It was not listed when I scrolled over "Internet and More"  I had to click on "internet and more" and then scroll down to the very bottom. The online price is $249.99.  Has the price increased?

13 minutes ago, Tudy said:

Thanks!  I found it. It was under "Internet and more" down at the very bottom. It was not listed when I scrolled over "Internet and More"  I had to click on "internet and more" and then scroll down to the very bottom. The online price is $249.99.  Has the price increased?

I’ve seen the price vary by ship.

5 hours ago, carter214 said:

How do we go about setting up for large family photo's?  Our total family consists of 45 people and then several of us want our immediate family which is one of 15 and the other of 12 photographed.  My parents 50th wedding anniversary was 10 years ago and Mom and Dad paid for that - only about 27 folks, 5 years ago (their 55th wedding anniversary) we were treated to another cruise and had over 35 folks, Mom passed a year ago but Dad is still paying for the cruise and it is up to 45 people...the first 2 were on the staircase and we would like this to be on it also.

When I called Royal Caribbean to find out how to schedule this for the sea day no one was quite sure how to go about reserving the time slot.  I know that I have rambled but need help on how to schedule the photographer and time slot.  

You just get with the "photo dept." once you get on the ship. They will set it up and arrange it for you.

You might not get a "Sea Day", they will try and work with you however, they book what they can.

Edited by GEORGIEGIRL
forgot something

8 hours ago, Tudy said:

Figures...I know where to look, guided you to it, and I still can't see it.   Maybe it only appears once I am within a certain day of my sailing?

21 minutes ago, Mr. Candyman said:

Figures...I know where to look, guided you to it, and I still can't see it.   Maybe it only appears once I am within a certain day of my sailing?

I am having the same issue.  I can't find it either even following the above directions.  When I was talking with C&A the other day the phone rep  couldn't find it for me either.  I hope it will show up soon

Gidday all!

DH is very keen on getting the photo packages when we sail as it is basically our big family time.

Last family cruise we got the full package and the kids were in a separate cabin.

Our son was 21 and daughter in her teens.

Also had extended family in other cabins.

Kids were included in our package but the extended family were not, unless one of our immediate family were also in the picture.

I agree about the pricing, purchase prior to boarding, may not be available until between 3 to 6 months prior to cruising.

Hope this helps.

TraceyG :-)

• Like 1

I took this photo of the policy as stated onboard Symphony. Our group leader did purchase the full photo package and we had our 3 rooms linked.

fd7354c0b90e18d3a29eb7fbc11c8027.jpg

Your mileage may vary wrt whose photos are included - but those are the official rules [emoji2956]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, mchin said:

Based on what I'm reading here, if I purchase the $199.00 package online head of my June 2019 Freedom sailing, all 13 of us in Suite 6414 should be included?  

Correct, any photo with any of the guests in your stateroom, and any minor children of guests in your stateroom should be included.

21 minutes ago, mchin said:

Based on what I'm reading here, if I purchase the $199.00 package online head of my June 2019 Freedom sailing, all 13 of us in Suite 6414 should be included?  

Another poster posted this a couple of days ago.

fd7354c0b90e18d3a29eb7fbc11c8027.jpg

Whatever the online price is, it'll be more onboard. A couple of years ago, we got it for $175. Last year it was $200. So $250 may well be the new online price.

The shipboard pricing for Symphony 4/13/19 for 20 pictures was $250 and all photos for $299. The first 3 days onboard offered a $30 discount.

Our cruise planner had the 20 photo package for $199, I don’t remember seeing the ‘all photos version’ on the planner.

Our group got 94 photos for $299 across all 3 rooms and all shots were there regardless of age.[emoji2956]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk