Explorer Dec 8 2019 - Chartered?

I just booked the Dec 8 2019 sailing of the Explorer of the Seas the other day.  I stumbled across this link today and it looks like it might be chartered for the Fuccilli Auto people?   I posted on the roll call but there is only 1 person on it so far.  I just googled it and it looks like this company does full ship charters every year at this time.  Does anyone who might have been bumped previously remember approximately when you were notified?

https://www.cruisewithhuge.com/itinerary

Thanks!
Jess

8 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

I just booked the Dec 8 2019 sailing of the Explorer of the Seas the other day.  I stumbled across this link today and it looks like it might be chartered for the Fuccilli Auto people?   I posted on the roll call but there is only 1 person on it so far.  I just googled it and it looks like this company does full ship charters every year at this time.  Does anyone who might have been bumped previously remember approximately when you were notified?

https://www.cruisewithhuge.com/itinerary

Thanks!
Jess

Royal has most of the categories listed as closed.  They

re is only one category available in each super category available.  Thus generally indicates that they are still finalizing the charter.  You won’t hear anything until the charter is finalized and the cruise is no longer listed for sale.  It could take a week or a month, no way of knowing.

Since  this is a 5 day cruise you would most likely get $100 OBC for insides, OV or Balcony or $200 for JS and above in addition to possible price protected sailings.  You have to wait for Royal to notify you. If you change cruises before that you won’t get anything.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal has most of the categories listed as closed.  They

re is only one category available in each super category available.  Thus generally indicates that they are still finalizing the charter.  You won’t hear anything until the charter is finalized and the cruise is no longer listed for sale.  It could take a week or a month, no way of knowing.

Since  this is a 5 day cruise you would most likely get $100 OBC for insides, OV or Balcony or $200 for JS and above in addition to possible price protected sailings.  You have to wait for Royal to notify you. If you change cruises before that you won’t get anything.

Thanks! I will not be terribly upset about it if they cancel. We weren't even really 100% sold on this one anyway as it is a week later than we normally go at the end of November and is a much smaller ship than we have been on with RCL so far.  We were just looking at trying something a little different.  We are booked in a JS now.  I will just leave it as is and see what happens.    I will just take the OBC and apply it to another cruise.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Jess

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

[Explorer of the Seas] is a much smaller ship than we have been on with RCL so far....

Explorer of the Seas was the largest cruise ship in the world less than 20 years ago. Will Oasis class be considered small in the future? Certainly possible. But looks like the Airbus 380 is ceasing production so who knows. 

1 minute ago, TravelerThom said:

Explorer of the Seas was the largest cruise ship in the world less than 20 years ago. Will Oasis class be considered small in the future? Certainly possible. But looks like the Airbus 380 is ceasing production so who knows. 

I know, it is crazy how quickly things change!

The Kia Huge cruise is a free cruise for 2, when you buy a new Kia vehicle from Cape Coral Kia.

Sailing date December 8th on RCCL Explorer.

I only know this because this dealership is in the city I live in.

It is one of the largest Kia dealerships in the US.

Billy, the owner does this once a year in the spring for December cruise.

Do not know how many cabins he blocks for this.

11 minutes ago, Floridadude said:

The Kia Huge cruise is a free cruise for 2, when you buy a new Kia vehicle from Cape Coral Kia.

It looks like he charters the entire ship. It was the navigator last December

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Floridadude said:

Thanks for the information!

14 hours ago, Floridadude said:

Lol, that dude is ALL OVER.  He has a HUGE (sorry) presence in my area, and even stretches as far as Las Vegas.  Billy hasn't been prominent in the ads for his dealerships over the last 12-18 months.

• 3 weeks later...

We are also booked on this cruise (GS) with a small group (about 100)…….so we are also waiting impatiently to see if the cruise is a go/no-go.  Our travel agent told us not to book hotel or airline unless she gets confirmation the cruise is a go for us.  This also happened last year - but before we booked the cruise.  We've gone ahead and purchased private trip insurance but it only covers 75% of non-refundable costs.  Like everyone else, hate the waiting game.  So, if anyone gets any reliable tips the cruise will be a total charger - please post.   Would rather know sooner than later so that we can book a 2020 cruise.

8 hours ago, molly361 said:

I don't see this sailing for sale at all anyway on RCL's site

Yeah it disappeared soon after I booked.  It is not looking promising.  I think we are looking to change the date & cruise anyway so I will just sit tight until I hear from RCL.

We've been cancelled - awaiting the official "word" from RCI.  TA said expect to receive the notice of cancellation and our deposit refund in about 4 weeks.  Damn!  Wondering about our Third Party Trip Insurance that I paid $700 - wonder if I can get any refund?  Guess I won't know until I get the official notice from RCI to submit to the insurance company.   I wonder what RCI will offer us for the cancellation - maybe $ towards a future cruise?  

2 hours ago, pasodancer said:

We've been cancelled - awaiting the official "word" from RCI.  TA said expect to receive the notice of cancellation and our deposit refund in about 4 weeks.  Damn!  Wondering about our Third Party Trip Insurance that I paid $700 - wonder if I can get any refund?  Guess I won't know until I get the official notice from RCI to submit to the insurance company.   I wonder what RCI will offer us for the cancellation - maybe $ towards a future cruise?  

The usual offer is price protection on a very small number of selected cruises plus OBC, OBC on some other cruise, or full refund.  They may also add an allowance for airline change fees (not including change in airfare price).

Thank you!!!   I'm not holding my breath on what perks they will give us for canceling - although OBC would be FABULOUS.   I guess it is best we know this far in advance versus just a couple months out from cruise date.  Guess I get to have fun researching another cruise!  

6 minutes ago, pasodancer said:

Thank you!!!   I'm not holding my breath on what perks they will give us for canceling - although OBC would be FABULOUS.   I guess it is best we know this far in advance versus just a couple months out from cruise date.  Guess I get to have fun researching another cruise!  

Just be sure not to cancel or change the existing booking until you are officially notified of your options by Royal or your travel agent.

Just received official word:

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to let you know that, regrettably, we have to cancel our Explorer of the Seas December 8th, 2019 cruise, as it has been chartered. We know this news is disappointing and apologize for the impact to your vacation.

We want every aspect of your vacation to be enjoyable. So, we’ve put together some alternate options that we hope you will take advantage of.

Option 1: Re-book one of the following 5-night Western Caribbean itinerary sailings.

Explorer of the Seas departing from Miami, Florida on:

Nov 19th, 2019 sailing to Cozumel, Mexico and Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico. 

Jan 5th, 2020 | Jan 19th, 2020 | Feb 2nd, 2020 sailing to Nassau, Bahamas and our private destination, Labadee, Haiti.

Independence of the Seas departing from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on:

Nov 30th, 2019 | Jan 11, 2020 sailing to our private destination, Labadee, Haiti and Falmouth, Jamaica.

Jan 2nd, 2020 sailing to George Town, Grand Cayman and Cozumel, Mexico.

If you’re seeking adventure, look no further, the Western Caribbean has so much to offer! Visit one of the seven wonders of the world as you explore Chichen Itza and its surrounding pyramids in Cozumel. Buckle up for an exciting ride down Dragon’s Tail Roller Coaster in Labadee. Discover Costa Maya’s sparkling sands on a catamaran ride. Savor the local jerk chicken or fish in Jamaica. Or see all the sights while interacting with friendly stingrays at Stingray City in Grand Cayman. No matter what you do, we’re confident you’ll have an amazing vacation!

What you’ll receive:

Option 2: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean International sailing and receive the following:

• A credit to spend onboard per stateroom: $100 for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $200 for Suites
  • Plus, an additional $50 for each third or more guest to spend onboard
  • And, you’ll be reimbursed for non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights or up to $400 per guest for International flights).

Option 3: If you choose to cancel, we’ll be sad to see you go

• We will process a full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form of payment, including any non-refundable deposits. Please note, if you choose this option, we will not provide additional compensation, including air reimbursement.

It’s important to us that you find the best vacation option. One of our destination experts will call you starting March 27th to help find your perfect cruise. If we happen to miss you, please call us back by April 10th, 2019 at 888-281-9344. If we haven’t heard from you by April 10th, your reservation will be cancelled.

Lastly, any pre-paid amenities, packages, or shore excursions will be refunded to the original form of payment within 7-10 business days.

Thank you for understanding. We hope you find another cruise vacation with us. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge - we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

1 minute ago, AshleyDillo said:

Anyone have experience with doing option 2? 

Just curious...if you're booked on the canceled cruise in a suite, do you have to rebook into a suite to get $200 OBC?  That letter doesn't make it clear to me.

No, the OBC is based on the stateroom category on the cruise that was cancelled.

Hi we just got our notice today also, its exactly the same as the letter above....The issue with us is we have the cruise before and after also booked in the same cabin....the flights to a from Miami already booked....

Big mess....

Not sure what we will do but it looks like we will have to stay 5 days in a hotel waiting for our Dec 13th cruise....

RC should have to help us cover the costs....

I will update once my TA speaks with them about our situation.

29 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Just curious...if you're booked on the canceled cruise in a suite, do you have to rebook into a suite to get $200 OBC?  That letter doesn't make it clear to me.

Like Bob said it is based on the stateroom that you WERE booked in.  That said sadly not all the agents know that so you could run into a problem.  If so just ask for a supervisor.  I have had that happen where they want to give you the amount of OBC for the new category.

21 minutes ago, robandana said:

Hi we just got our notice today also, its exactly the same as the letter above....The issue with us is we have the cruise before and after also booked in the same cabin....the flights to a from Miami already booked....

Big mess....

Not sure what we will do but it looks like we will have to stay 5 days in a hotel waiting for our Dec 13th cruise....

RC should have to help us cover the costs....

I will update once my TA speaks with them about our situation.

Oh goodness, that just sucks, sorry!  Maybe they have another ship you can hop for those 5 nights so you're doing a Back to New to Back 🙂

5 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

No as said above it is based on the room being cancelled, not the new one booked.  I actually booked a back up last week as I knew this was going to happen.  I booked the 12/1 on the Freedom out of San Juan in an interior.  They were able to fully cancel this explorer junior suite booking and move the OBC to the new Freedom res #.  I had a junior suite booked on the explorer and an interior on the Freedom and still got the $200.

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

10 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

No as said above it is based on the room being cancelled, not the new one booked.  I actually booked a back up last week as I knew this was going to happen.  I booked the 12/1 on the Freedom out of San Juan in an interior.  They were able to fully cancel this explorer junior suite booking and move the OBC to the new Freedom res #.  I had a junior suite booked on the explorer and an interior on the Freedom and still got the $200.

Wow I did not know that they would transfer the OBC to a new booking number.  I thought if you changed ship and date to a sailing not on the list that it had to be changed on the booking that you had for the Explorer.   Good deal