Just Returned From Fabulous Trip on Caribbean Princess

AF-1

58 minutes ago, Geoffa30 said:

Thanks for sharing and for doing the Live From. People on CC tend to dwell on the negative stuff so it was refreshing to hear all the positives from your cruise. We did the Circle Caribbean cruise on the Caribbean Princess last March. It was one of the best cruises we have ever taken on Princess or any other line. Lesson to people thinking of cruising on the Caribbean Princess, don’t believe everything you read on CC. 

I agree with you.  It is nice to get tips for different ships and different parts of the world;  but once you get on a certain ship it is up to you to have a good time and enjoy

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cruisingpeople said:

Thanks for the review. I know you mentioned that they were painting and changing carpets. Was there any talk about the upcoming drydock in April? I know they plan to cut a hole in the side of the ship as to be able to swap out the problematic propulsion system and also add a "water themed venue" just under the area of Skywalkers.

I know the area;  they have a whirlpool there and some kids stuff; they could make a cool aquapark there; they actually also have a bar back there; which is closed for lack of use; at least on our cruise is was never opened

Edited by AF-1

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Very nice review.

From your description, I'd give your experience a 9.95. As you stated, can't do much about bad weather.

By the time we cruise on a Medallion ship, the Medallion should be 100% functional. I'm pretty sure it will be a couple of years before we go on one. Our next cruise is on the Pacific.

Pacific looks like it would be cool to go on. One dining room and one buffet, plus not a lot of people

7 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Pacific looks like it would be cool to go on. One dining room and one buffet, plus not a lot of people

It's wonderful. No lines anywhere. No chair hogs at the pool, one pool.

No blasting concerts on the MUTS screen...no MUTS.

The room where they do the production shows is cold enough to be used as a meat locker...bring a coat. I had gloves, sweatshirt with a hood AND a blanket. Several people commented "good idea".:classic_blink:

We're going on our 2nd B2B on the Pacific in December.:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I agree with you;  we actually had dinner reservations there too; but we cancelled after looking at that menu.  I am a plain italian person; pasta, meatballs, caprese salad.  They serve none of that;  most items I did not know the names to.  So we skipped eating there.

Me too......

I tried the new Sabatinis dinner menu on the CB and the Regal and I didn't like it.

I prefer the old menu so we probably won't be going back.

The cafeteria style chairs on the CB were kinda weird and pretty uncomfortable.

2 hours ago, flwait said:

Would you happen to remember who the bands in the Wheelhouse and Exploreres were?  Do you have any patters you could post?  Great  review!

I do not know the bands. I never went into either lounge at night. I was either in skywalkers6A574789-1B77-4640-9186-C612898D7BF0.thumb.jpeg.37301ee4b5fe7d9c64b4e1dd1b040653.jpeg or club fusion below is day 1

AAD5DFCF-5C33-4967-9AB6-2B8A352BFAD7.jpeg

F8781E68-8A99-43D4-99A6-A6BABF7F9ABB.jpeg

FBF66E44-30F8-4577-BD6D-3B60F9DC45B3.jpeg

One month until we set foot on the Caribbean Princess so thank you for the great review-this is our first Princess cruise.   Also love seeing current Patters as I like to visualize things in advance 😀  Did you use any of the pools?  The one in the aft looks like a quiet place to relax?   Thanks

58 minutes ago, skatie said:

One month until we set foot on the Caribbean Princess so thank you for the great review-this is our first Princess cruise.   Also love seeing current Patters as I like to visualize things in advance 😀  Did you use any of the pools?  The one in the aft looks like a quiet place to relax?   Thanks

Hi and have fun on this ship.  Yes the aft pool is the most relaxing.  It is located right outside the buffet; so you can get your food and sit out here and eat breakfast or lunch.  It's quiet;   if you go to the Calypso or Neptune pool this is where the music plays and bands and stuff;  the sail away party is here;  you can also get pizza and burgers by these pools.  We sat by the pools a little;  I do not do well in the sun; so I manage to stay in the shade

image.thumb.png.8f1f8e88b7adc00f6d72527a86b130cf.pngimage.thumb.png.fc474374f1b06caa5e5ee7acdddfa747.png

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

Hi and have fun on this ship.  Yes the aft pool is the most relaxing.  It is located right outside the buffet; so you can get your food and sit out here and eat breakfast or lunch.  It's quiet;   if you go to the Calypso or Neptune pool this is where the music plays and bands and stuff;  the sail away party is here;  you can also get pizza and burgers by these pools.  We sat by the pools a little;  I do not do well in the sun; so I manage to stay in the shade

image.thumb.png.8f1f8e88b7adc00f6d72527a86b130cf.pngimage.thumb.png.fc474374f1b06caa5e5ee7acdddfa747.png

Caribbean Princess has the same stern structure that I had on Star Princess.  Totally agree, this is an excellent outdoor area to patronize.

33 minutes ago, tawlaw1526 said:

Do you have any pictures or videos you can post of your penthouse suite?   I am going to be in a penthouse suite in a couple months.   Did they give you a bottle of water each day in the suite?

Is yours an aft Penthouse or s side facing one?

This is a video that’s been floating around on the internet for a while. It’s obviously an aft Penthouse but the layouts are generally the same. C749 (shown) is a mirror image of C748. 

The principal difference between this video and now is the much larger TVs and the fact that that are both mounted higher on the wall. 

Two .5 liter bottles per day are part of your suite perk. Sometimes, not always, but sometimes you have to remind your RS. 

You are gonna have a fabulous time!!

11 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

and also add a "water themed venue" just under the area of Skywalkers.

Happily, very happily,  they aren’t going to screw up the area directly below Skywalkers. 

The water venue will be on Sun Deck in what is now the Outdoor Play Areas and the Paddling Pool. 

As I understand it it will not change the footprint of the Terrace Pool and it’s immediate environs. 

Thank heavens for that!!

• Haha 1

Very nice report that the OP gave us.  Their experience with the air travel to FLL reinforces why we always like to arrive the day before preferably by noon so that we have time for weather/mechanical delays.  

We were on the circle caribbean in November which was the first cruise where the OM was ship wide.  It worked well and being an ex-IT professional was very interesting.  I loved the unlocking of the cabin door as I approached and I do agree that the exiting and reentry to the ship was quicker than scanning cruise cards.  They took our picture with the tablets when we first boarded and I did not see any pax having a problem with it.  Out of curiosity I did play a bit with the displays to check out the directions to various parts of the ship and in finding my partner on the ship although I usually knew where to meet her.  It was most impressive.  The drink ordering had not been initialized yet so I did not see that part.  It was a great cruise particularly with the OM.  We are scheduled back on the CB next summer.