Princess email error

greenie082756

I have been trying to book a cruise since yesterday and it will not acknowledge my email even though it is the same as what is in the profile information.

I get to the page after selecting the cabin that has all my information and it stops.

I called them this morning and I was told basically I have to wait until tomorrow when the captains circle can help correct this problem.

I know they have the correct email address as I received confirmation of cancelling yesterday so that is not the issue.

Frustrating to say the least.

Anyone else having this problem?

Same for me.  Has happened numerous times over the last month.  Called Captain's Circle people as instructed two weeks ago, and all they did was tell me they saw the same e mail as what I was using.  No one fixed anything.  Two days later it worked for a few days, then has again reverted back to not recognising my e mail.

• Like 1

I have noticed that before logging in, the logging screen puts your email in all caps.  Once you change it to lowercase letters, it lets you in.  Before I changed it, I would try to login and get a PARSE error- whatever that is.  When I corrected it, it let me in.  You must change the email address each time you log in.

2 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

Odd that you cannot book over the phone with them either.  Website is notoriously glitchy on weekends, but I have never, ever, not been able to book over the phone.

Yes I can do it over the phone. I guess I am going to have to. I do not want a Princess agent assigned to me though that's why I do it myself.

However, the issue with logging in to the Princess account has become an issue. There are 2 places you can log in on the main page. Only one of them works. They must of updated their website and this is something that is being affected. Frustrating.

1 hour ago, CynCyn said:

I have noticed that before logging in, the logging screen puts your email in all caps.  Once you change it to lowercase letters, it lets you in.  Before I changed it, I would try to login and get a PARSE error- whatever that is.  When I corrected it, it let me in.  You must change the email address each time you log in.

I tried that and it still said it was not a valid email even though I received an email from them yesterday.

I book over the phone all the time, never had a princess agent assigned to me... don't need one and don't want one.... I handle all my own travel bookings directly with cruise line, airlines and hotels, plus book own insurance with travel guard, don't use their transfers either... so no reason to use an agent. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CynCyn said:

I get a drop down. The site has my email address with all caps and also with all lower case. Additionally I can see my wife's email and my son's email and, if I liked, could log in as them. My login and access work equally well with the all cap address and the lower case address.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:38 PM, Thrak said:

I get a drop down. The site has my email address with all caps and also with all lower case. Additionally I can see my wife's email and my son's email and, if I liked, could log in as them. My login and access work equally well with the all cap address and the lower case address.

I tried several times. I could log into my account with minimal issues. It was when I was trying to book a cruise that it said that my email was not valid yet it is the same as they have for me (except in all caps).

I called, got the cruise booked with a very nice young lady. Now when I go into the Princess site I have no problem logging in. Hmmmm… like I said, it was on the page for booking and confirming your information after selection of the cabin you want.

Oh well.. thanks for your help.

Princess has "email issues". Every year I get email saying, "Happy Birthday Jill!". Every year I contact them and say my name is not Jill. I don't know a Jill. I have never know a Jill. I'm not even female. Each time they check my email address and assure me there is no Jill (or anybody else) associated with my email address except for me. I'm sure I'll get the same email again next year as I've gotten it for the past 3 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/24/2019 at 2:38 PM, Thrak said:

Same here!

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

Princess has "email issues". Every year I get email saying, "Happy Birthday Jill!". Every year I contact them and say my name is not Jill. I don't know a Jill. I have never know a Jill. I'm not even female. Each time they check my email address and assure me there is no Jill (or anybody else) associated with my email address except for me. I'm sure I'll get the same email again next year as I've gotten it for the past 3 years.

Do you get this email on your birthday or on Jill's?

Chances are that someone named Jill has accidentally put your e-mail address in her profile.

Of course when you call and they check your profile, it will be correct. The problem is they are not able to locate Jill's profile and change it.

I have received E-mails (not from Princess) that were the result of having my E-mail address accidentally in someone else's profile. This has included:

a) Someone with a 401K with a brokerage firm

b) Someone with a student in a school in another state

c) Messages from Yahoo meant for someone in Italy

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Do you get this email on your birthday or on Jill's?

It must be on Jill's birthday as it's not on mine. I don't know why someone named Jill would have my address in her profile as I have never known anybody named Jill. My email address would be pretty much impossible to accidentally fat finger.