Miami to FLL for 12:50 flight

Bridetobe88

I just found out Frontier changed our 2:30 pm departure to 12:50 pm. We're flying out of Fort Lauderdale and we are getting into the Miami port at 7:00 a.m. Our only option without paying more than double the original price is to fly out of Miami the next morning, which I'd rather not do unless needed due to the cost of booking a hotel. Do you all think we will be ok with the new flight time? It's my understanding that it's about an hour drive from Miami to FLL. Best laid plans go awry! Thanks!

It's more like 35 - 40 minutes from PortMiami to FLL.  You can easily make this flight even if you were the last person off the ship.  Consider yourself lucky to have less time waiting around at the airport.

Edited by BNBR
  • Like 1

Went through FLL last Friday, easy peasy. we did have precheck and were through in no time, but friends that arrived at the airport after us without precheck had time to spare. We were all on the same flight home after a cruise. 

Don't worry, be happy.

You will be absolutely fine even if there are delays along even way.  I have taken flights at 9:20am 3 times in the past 2months after getting off ships at the Port of Miami   between 7 am and 8 am, then taking an Uber to FLL  (I have tsa precheck and my husband doesn’t) still made it with time to spare.  

If you are really worried about it just do self assist and walk off with your own luggage as soon as ship Ismaili cleared.   It is not necessary though.  Good luck

• Like 1