Photography Stations

Rudy888

I looked for past posts on this subject but didn't find any. Maybe I used the wrong words to search. We were just on the Carnival Glory. In the evening from 5pm-10pm I counted 14 stations where you could get your picture taken. That in itself isn't bad if one wants there picture taken however each station was in front on chairs and tables where one can sit and enjoy conversation or a drink or listen to music. These were on deck 5 about 10 stations  and 4 stations on deck 3 (the lobby) which isn't that big to begin with. I have never seen that many stations in over 30 cruises. Maybe no one else finds this to be a problem. 

• Like 1

Was on the same trip and if you only counted 14 I think you missed a few. This is a problem on most Carnival cruises, especially on Formal Nights. I used to get upset about it but now just go with the flow and avoid the areas as much as possible. It will never change as it is surely a money maker for them if you ever checked out the prices.

Not only is it a big money maker, it is what cruisers want.  There is a large percentage of each cruiser that are first time cruisers and want the pics to help remember about their special vacation.  They have become so ingrained into the system, that for us, they are like white noise and we hardly notice.  Occasionally we see the same face over the time of the cruise and start light conversation as we pass.

Seems to be common consensus, mine included

that they are a pain in the butt the way they take over the area,

restricting pedestrian traffic to an inefficient  crawl

- but as someone above said, it's unlikely, very unlikely, to change!

When the cost of photos got prohibitive (about 6 or 7 yrs. ago)

I simply stopped buying pics, and suggest you also vote with your wallet!

9 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

Seems to be common consensus, mine included

that they are a pain in the butt the way they take over the area,

restricting pedestrian traffic to an inefficient  crawl

- but as someone above said, it's unlikely, very unlikely, to change!

When the cost of photos got prohibitive (about 6 or 7 yrs. ago)

I simply stopped buying pics, and suggest you also vote with your wallet!

Photo stations are not going away, regardless of any of our wishes

• Like 1

I was on a ship (I don't recall which line) that a photo spot required closing doors to one of the walkways, therefore causing a bottleneck.

At this point, I don't even bother with pictures anymore. I don't need an embarkation picture where I look like terrible after hours of traveling. I have pictures of me looking nice. I don't need a picture with a pirate (or whatever gimmick is being used). And I definitely don't need a picture of me at dinner. I also have a nice camera that I take with me. On formal night, the waiters are more than happy to snap a picture for you.

Photos are not just for newbies - we have 18 cruises under our belt (8 with Carnival) and we typically buy at least 1 - 2 photos per sailing (typically one gangway shot going into a port and one formal night picture)

Having lots of stations shortens lines, so we appreciate Carnival offering multiple options

13 hours ago, fyree39 said:

Carnival has one heck of a lot of photo stations and, yes, they get in the way of public seating. It's an annoyance each and every time we try to find someplace to sit and people watch.

There are dozens of alternate places around the ship for you to sit and watch other people.  Simply avoid those around the very popular photo stations art the time the crowds are gathering to enjoy their use.  

You'll still get to look at people in a less stressful area and those who want to get their photo taken won't be in your way.